Ironton 7 VS LOGAN 21- FINAL

2old
All Conference

Re: Ironton 7 VS LOGAN 21- FINAL

Post by 2old »

Louisville is a quality opponent. Hoep teh Chiefs get a chance to play them.

85, ironton offense is what it is. It is a part of the Ironton problem.

Logan's crwod was small. Cetainly the weather did not help. Also it not being a battle of unbeatens did not help. Rt. 93 did not help. And it has become rather routine around logan to beat ironton.

I agree logan did not have their best game. Isn't it a good thing for ironton. Afterall the Tigers LOSR by TWO touchdowns. Man if Logan was clicking the home crowd would have been gone by half time.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm not bashing the Ironton folks today. Their team played a heck of a game. Good luck to them the rest of the way. Logan was on the tail end of a three game road swing. Possibly the fans looked at the weather, the trip and found something else to do. But this is the second game in a row Logan fans didn't pack the visitor bleachers. Isn't this team good enough to follow for you? Don't come to the home game full of bluster and vinegar if you can't support them on the road. Yeah, I'm calling out Chieftain Nation. Get behind this team! Show up! Make some noise! I can't talk this morning.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Dazed,

I agree the crowds for the Chieftain Nation are not up to Chieftain standards, but the relatively smallfollowing of the Chiefs explains why Ironton struggles to fill their schedule when they are not in a league. you can't get there from anywhere.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

2old wrote:Dazed,

I agree the crowds for the Chieftain Nation are not up to Chieftain standards, but the relatively smallfollowing of the Chiefs explains why Ironton struggles to fill their schedule when they are not in a league. you can't get there from anywhere.

That crowd showing is one of the reasons Ironton is losing money by being in the league. Not blaming the Chiefs, but its the whole league.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

fightingtigers45 wrote:That crowd showing is one of the reasons Ironton is losing money by being in the league. Not blaming the Chiefs, but its the whole league.

ft45 -

I understand that. But I don't think leaving the league is going to help that. The only teams that are going to bring crowds to Ironton are 'Burg, Ashland, Russell, Portsmouth, and other local teams.

Who is Ironton going to replace the SEOAL teams with that will bring bigger crowds? Ironton's problem isn't the SEOAL. It's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION I'm afraid.

I don't think the SOC/OVC schools (outside of 'Burg) are going to schedule Ironton to fill those spots.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I read the game write up in the Ironton paper today. Does the guy writing even go to the games? Seems like he saw a different game than i did. He talked about bounces. i think the bounce I saw was Logan bouncing Ironton.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Until the last few minutes of the game it was a dogfight.
Im thinking it was you that was at a different game.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Dog fight?? Ironton had three first downs in the second half i beleive. I do not think that should be considere much of a threat to a team like Logan.

Logan totally controlled the fourth quarter. of course the Ironton fans missed half the fourth quarter. i think that roof over their heads must have fallen in on them. Way to support the kids.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Lets just say this,up to the point where there was 5 minutes or less to go it was still anyones game.I know this because I was there,till the last young man went into the locker room.If you say other wise you are an idiot.
Hell for that matter take a freakin poll.

7-7 ballgame = a dog fight.
Dont be ashamed to admit it.

I wont be one of those people griping about size,we got beat.
Its a game of inches,we had a punt blocked,we let one get past our saftey and Angle made one hell of a throw,a few inches either way and its incomplete or even intercepted.

So yes it was a dogfight.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

85inside wrote:A very good defensive game by the Fighting Tigers. I liked the effort on the D side. With all teams ironton plays, stacking the box, Ironton is really going to have to get inovative on Offense.

I was disappointed by the Logan crowd. These kids from Logan are undefeated and probably headed to another SEOAL crown and playoff berth, and noone from Logan comes to the game? I can understand if the team was 2-2 or something. The kids from Logan deserved better.

Officials were assigned by the SEOAL. I dont know who does that, but there certainly needs to be someone from the conference, who evaluates all sets of officials. I did not think it effected the outcome of the game.

Logan is to be commended on the defensive gameplan. They stacked the box, because they knew ironton could not pass. That will be the "MO" all year vs. The Tigers.

I have to say, didnt think that Logan was as good as advertised. maybe they were a bit overconfident. There will be much work to do for Logan to get out of their region. I have seen Louisville play, and they will be extremely tough to beat.

I big Logan well. Hopefully they can make a run in the playoffs. Lets go Fighting Tigers. Lets get the fight back and go back to work. Win the rest and play at home in the playoff game.

Ohhhhh dont let your hate for Logan say that the team isnt as advertised. You know as well as I know the rain slowed Logan down. Ironton played a great game. It is VERY CLEAR that in Ironton you will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win. Had it been dry every time Angle ran out of the pocket he would have made it past the line of scrimmage. I think you need to give your team more credit because i feel from that game we learned that Ironton is a much better football team than you thought wrather than Logan not being as good as advertised. I'll be one of the first ones to admit that had we not played Louisville in the rain last year we wouldnt have had a chance.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ihoss,

Take your beat down like a man. Logan Clearly was the superior team in the second half and it wa obvious. The plays you mention are all part of the game. Every game. i see it every game. You are saying if the Tigers played a perfect game they would win. Wake up even the Chiefs can not play a perfect game.

This game was lost by the Tigers in the second quarter when on the last possession of the half the Tigers were not aggressive. The Tigers were a team playing NOT to lose. Logan was a team playing to win. The Chiefs won. Amyx way outcoached the ironton staff.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Congrats from the old French City.... Wonder if Logan & I-town will meet again next year.. I hope it happens... But do not be surprized if Logan is replaced but a Team further up North..... :lol:

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

superblue wrote:Congrats from the old French City.... Wonder if Logan & I-town will meet again next year.. I hope it happens... But do not be surprized if Logan is replaced but a Team further up North..... :lol:

No..the Chiefs and Ironton will not play next year..next year everybody in the league will play everybody. So..that means Ironton will be replaced with Portsmouth..and then I believe the other games are the same as this year.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Maybe the ADs might have a different take on this but I don't think there is anything to be gained by either team to play a non-conference game any time in the future. The teams are heading into two different orbits and the fans for either are not traveling because of the distance and difficult roads. Better for Logan to schedule up in size and closeness as they have been doing recently.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

a 2 touchdown loss when the game was still in doubt in the 4th quarter hardly counts as a beatdown. wasnt this logan we are talking about? the DII power? we played them tough and it was a beatdown?

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

TL,

i see Chieftain Envy has clouded your thought process. All i know is if the Tigers had had a miracle finish and won. 60% of the fans would have missd it. But most people leave early when the Chiefs put on the beat down.

Admit it. Ironton played not to lose. Their game plan had no plan for winning. It reminded me of Florida and Tenn. Tenn. just did nto want to be blown out. ironton played the same way and still LOST by two td's.

Nice moral victory. Just not too many computer points for that.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

tl895 wrote:a 2 touchdown loss when the game was still in doubt in the 4th quarter hardly counts as a beatdown. wasnt this logan we are talking about? the DII power? we played them tough and it was a beatdown?

Here is where your thinking is off. As 2old was saying Logan DOMINATED the 4th quarter. Ironton had one drive the ENTIRE GAME, in the 4th quarter the game was no doubt in the Chieftains hands. Again, without rain its a different story. Dont put the team down to support your own arguement. No rain and Logan scores at least 2 more TD's this game.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

dazed&confused wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:
tl895 wrote:a 2 touchdown loss when the game was still in doubt in the 4th quarter hardly counts as a beatdown. wasnt this logan we are talking about? the DII power? we played them tough and it was a beatdown?

Here is where your thinking is off. As 2old was saying Logan DOMINATED the 4th quarter. Ironton had one drive the ENTIRE GAME, in the 4th quarter the game was no doubt in the Chieftains hands. Again, without rain its a different story. Dont put the team down to support your own arguement. No rain and Logan scores at least 2 more TD's this game.

Logan would've scored two more touchdowns if it had quit raining yellow hankies! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furthermore if our recivers could have caught the ball My Chiefs more than likely would have scored 2 more TD. My questions to all you tiggers fans, since you are building new schools why don't you replace the tank or at lease upgrade the old place. Also this topic is in the past! I know all of you tiggers are upset, and you should be! your coach needs some new plays and need to update his system, old and history are in the past!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ROFL, I'd like to seen how good your system would have worked for you if you didn't have Angle. I noted that your coach burnt a time out rather than take him out for one single play of the game....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:ROFL, I'd like to seen how good your system would have worked for you if you didn't have Angle. I noted that your coach burnt a time out rather than take him out for one single play of the game....

kII-
Angle is a great QB and a fantastic athlete. But it takes more than that to run this offense. All 11 kids have to be on the same page. You haven't seen these kids grow up playing together-I have. The seniors never lost a game while playing as a class together. This offense isn't something that just happened.

Return to “Football”