Can the Oaks make the playoffs?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Can the Oaks make the playoffs?

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

With oak hill at a 6 seed now they might just miss out. The three teams left are 11-10 right now which isn't the bad part, the bad part is that they are all D VI schools and they all play each other or other teams the oaks have previously beaten. If burg wins out they might bump oak hill out of the picture. Also valley still has a chance to make some noise too and that would just make it even more unlikely for the oaks. I hate to say it because the oaks are a playoff caliber team, but they just might go 10-0 and be watching in week 11.

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

after the juniors graduate oaks playoff hopes are gone. i hope they can make it for first time in schools history why they have the chance! they deserve it

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

BeatsInThaSoutheast wrote:burg and minford will be really exciting games to watch i hope we get them both
but from watchin ironton and jackson play friday, id say we could take ironton by a touchdown or 2

but at least we have a more challenging schedule next year either way!

You're joking right?

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

I have actually crunched some numbers and if teams win out this is what the playoff seedings could look like.

1. 21.00 avg. Minford (Valley)
2. 20.87 avg. Monroe Central (Barnesville, Frontier)
3. 20.40 avg. Caldwell (Fort Frye, Bishop Rosecrans, Shenandoah)
4. 20.35 avg. Oak Hill (Symmes Valley)
5. 20.05 avg. Liberty Union (West Jefferson)
6. 19.75 avg. Fredericktown (Utica)
7. 19.05 avg. Wheelersburg (Valley, West)
8. 18.55 avg. Ridgewood (Tuscarawas Central Catholic, Malvern)
9. 17.20 avg. Coal Grove (Fairland)

Teams in parentheses indicate games that could shake things up.

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Oak Hill HAS to beat Symmes Valley then we will see. I hope they make it.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Just curious. . . if Oak Hill beats Symmes Valley this friday, would anyone like to bet a few hundred dollars against me? I say Oak Hill will make the playoffs at 10-0. Would anyone like to bet otherwise with real money?

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

91blue14 wrote:you might wanna rethink that one. i like oak hill but ironton and burg are on another level ;-)

how can you say that they are on a whole different level, when we beat Minford and then Minford beat Wheelersburg. I know Ironton may be a tough team but to say Wheelersburg is on a whole different level is just kind of stating something that can't be proven until maybe playoffs

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

fuzzhead wrote:It's simple to me: 10-0 = playoffs, anything else and they're out, period. The odds of not making the playoffs at 10-0 are slim. If they lose to anyone left on their schedule, they don't deserve to be in.
However, just the fact that this being discussed should get people up there to seriously consider getting out of the SOCI.

Even if the oaks go 9-1 why would you want to get out of SOC1 when 4 years ago they were 0-10, they seem to be making plenty of progress right where they are ;-)

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

iwearblacknikes wrote:
91blue14 wrote:you might wanna rethink that one. i like oak hill but ironton and burg are on another level ;-)

how can you say that they are on a whole different level, when we beat Minford and then Minford beat Wheelersburg. I know Ironton may be a tough team but to say Wheelersburg is on a whole different level is just kind of stating something that can't be proven until maybe playoffs

I think you are exactly right :-D

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I don't think they necessarily mean on a different level this year, but more in general every year. Oak hill is having a good year this year and will next year too, but like someone else said after that the ride will probably be over. That's not bashing them that's just straight talk. I don't know if they will make the playoffs or not. If they win and drop two more spots this week like happened last week I would say no. I'll have to disagree with fuzzhead thay they get a home playoff game, I just don't see any chance of that happening.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Never said that they WOULD get a home playoff game. I said they could.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Okay my mistake. In any case I just don't see them getting a home playoff game, they will be doing good to get in at all. I hope they do though, I know Minford would like another shot at them, and I have to imagine that the grove and burg would enjoy a chance to shut them up as well.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

You do know that Oak Hill has the best odds in the region of getting into the playoffs, right? If they go 10-0, they're going to the playoffs for certain.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

In my best Lee Corso voice "Not so fast my friend". I think they will but I wouldn't gurantee anything. When you win a game and drop two spots that's not a good sign, especially when their biggest win of the year so far in Minford knocked off a pretty good west team. I know they have 99% chance but there's always that 1%especially if valley makes some noise and sneeks in and burg moves up like they should. I just think that if valley and burg both make it in that the oaks will be the odd ones out.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Valley and Burg have to play each other and the loser of that game is done.

iwearblacknikes
S

IRONFALCON wrote:In my best Lee Corso voice "Not so fast my friend". I think they will but I wouldn't gurantee anything. When you win a game and drop two spots that's not a good sign, especially when their biggest win of the year so far in Minford knocked off a pretty good west team. I know they have 99% chance but there's always that 1%especially if valley makes some noise and sneeks in and burg moves up like they should. I just think that if valley and burg both make it in that the oaks will be the odd ones out.

also Minford knocked off a pretty good Wheelersburg team. That's definitely not a good sign that we dropped spots in the rankings but I still think the Oaks have a good shot at making playoffs.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

also Minford knocked off a pretty good Wheelersburg team. That's definitely not a good sign that we dropped spots in the rankings but I still think the Oaks have a good shot at making playoffs.

I didn't think it mattered to Oak Hill, as far as Level 2 points were concerned, what the records of the teams are that Minford beats, only the divsion they are in. Therefore, there would be more points for Oak Hill if Minford beats Northwest and Waverly since they are Divsion 4 and 3 than there were for Minford beating Wheelersburg (Division5). Is this correct?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

IRONFALCON wrote:Okay my mistake. In any case I just don't see them getting a home playoff game, they will be doing good to get in at all. I hope they do though, I know Minford would like another shot at them, and I have to imagine that the grove and burg would enjoy a chance to shut them up as well.

Shut them up? We are talking about a team that was just 0-10 3 years ago and the fans are now excited that we could possibly be going 10-0. I don't think anyone in this town is considering this team to be worldbeaters but they are getting the job done and we are proud of that.

iwearblacknikes
S

Yes, we are for sure proud of the Oaks for making it an exciting season. The best season in I don't know how long for the Oaks football team. Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Go Oaks!

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Does anyone have any individual stats for the Oaks this year?

Return to “Football”