WK 6 (0-5) River Valley @ (0-5) South Point OVC

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Total votes: 0

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Re: WK 6 (0-5) River Valley @ (0-5) South Point OVC

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

^^^ looks like he wised up and edited that picture out of his post. WOW TIMMY is all i can say.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
Super Dick wrote:The gentleman coaching that RV squad is doing what he can with what he has. Fact is he just doesn't have a whole hellofalot to work with. Sure they look big and strong, but those kids are still in the learning stages. So is the coach for that matter. Not even my old friend Merril Triplett could build a dynasty at RV. So let's don't condemn this coaching staff just yet.

Where else has Triplett built a dynasty at Oak Hill? Ironton? He has done ok at West.

not exactly Woody Hayes. Don't over rate him. He won some games at RV,but they also played defense.

Coach Triplett has forgotten more football than most will ever know. He has always left a program in better shape when he left then when he first arrived. Obviously you dont know Coach T. to make such an ignorant statement. More importantly than his coaching is his dedication to his players and the life lessons he tries to implement through coaching. Woody Hayes?....NO A great coach and even better man....ABSOLUTELY!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Look @@ the same staff is there minus Greg Deel (Xcoach) put McClelland in as head coach,same old Staff.
They have never played defense,even when they had talent.Always give up the big running play. I know first hand,trust me.
In High School you have to play defense and this staff don't get that.

They want to throw the ball on every down,the defense can't read a running play or tackle.If you talk to players and Xplayers they tell you that they run the same scheme and almost alignment on every play (4-4) 6-2 in goal line.

The biggest problem is, getting the kids out for football,trust me there is talent there. If they would just play football.

would love to c all the talent you speak of.... please enliten us.... i assumming you are talking about talent walking the hallways and not playin?????

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

I hate to be the negative one all the time, but can't almost every school say that? I'm sure there are always kids that a coach would love to have out for the team. truth is, it has been proven over and over again that talent doesnt get it done when it doesnt want to be there. What good would someone with talent be if they were out for the team, when it is obvious that these individuals dont want to play? Motivation is the biggest piece of the pie. If you dont believe that then you have perception issues. I have the magic cure: culture. Is there a winning culture around the program? I can remember times when there wasnt and times when there was. The key is a traditionally strong, winning culture. A culture of self-improvement in each player and a drive for collective success. Camaraderie. If the culture isnt there, then dont hold your breath for that next winning season. If it is, then we are just seeing the lead-time before it really takes a foothold. It has to be that way as a few classes cycle through before it becomes pervasive. We'll know the answer to this riddle as time passes. Good luck friday, Raiders.

madfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by madfootballfan »

South Point is not that good this year but they have an excellent coach. They will win big

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

PIGSKIN JUNKIE wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
Super Dick wrote:The gentleman coaching that RV squad is doing what he can with what he has. Fact is he just doesn't have a whole hellofalot to work with. Sure they look big and strong, but those kids are still in the learning stages. So is the coach for that matter. Not even my old friend Merril Triplett could build a dynasty at RV. So let's don't condemn this coaching staff just yet.

Where else has Triplett built a dynasty at Oak Hill? Ironton? He has done ok at West.

not exactly Woody Hayes. Don't over rate him. He won some games at RV,but they also played defense.

Coach Triplett has forgotten more football than most will ever know. He has always left a program in better shape when he left then when he first arrived. Obviously you dont know Coach T. to make such an ignorant statement. More importantly than his coaching is his dedication to his players and the life lessons he tries to implement through coaching. Woody Hayes?....NO A great coach and even better man....ABSOLUTELY!

Coach Triplett was ousted before getting a real shot! He is by far the best Coach RV has had. You gotta remember what league RV was in then. Letting him go is when it all started. Four straight 0-10 seasons followed.
Distanceguy, great post, and what I have been trying to say all along but you put it better.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Blue_nd_gray, not to pick but RV runs a 4-3, but they use a monster corner. So it is not a true 4-4, but you are right. The D has always been a problem. No contain from DE's is something that they have trouble with as well as a secondary that bites at every thing. Not just this year, but in past years as well. Just a lack of discipline all around.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Go pointers

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

gahs4ever wrote:River Valley has had a number of very good coaches over the years beginning with Jack James, Mel Coen, Greg Deel, Triplett, etc.

I agree with the poster who compared RV to Northwest. One of the great mysteries of life.

Mel Coen never coached at River Valley!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

He was defensive cordinator for Coach Triplett for two years and coached one year for Coach Carter. He was never the head coach at RV

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

gahs4ever wrote:River Valley has had a number of very good coaches over the years beginning with Jack James, Mel Coen, Greg Deel, Triplett, etc.

I agree with the poster who compared RV to Northwest. One of the great mysteries of life.

Who is your etc.? Also why deel?

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

mtswngrvsg wrote:He was defensive cordinator for Coach Triplett for two years and coached one year for Coach Carter. He was never the head coach at RV

Carters teams played Defense they were just overmached by the much bigger schools of the SEOAL.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

^^^ No. 0-40 I believe.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Carter had the honor of trying to coach in the SEOAL after the South Gallia students had left the school. He also was being picked apart by the recruiting efforts of the surrounding districts through open enrollment. As a rule his teams were strong, fast and the players had a great deal of respect for him as a coach. RVHS only won a game when they started playing smaller schools.

The downward spiral of RV has created a nightmare for anyone who coaches there. There has been much talk about solutions but probably the greatest need is for in-school recruiting. Like all schools, the raw material exists to field a team but for whatever reason they do not show up at the beginning of August. There is some loss through quitting but that can be expected.

Coach McClelland and staff have got a gutsy bunch of young men playing for them right now. That is evidenced by the fact that they keep showing up on Friday night. If they survive it and stick together, with some careful key position recruiting they should be respectable in the near future. I honestly feel that they should see some results in the next season but this year they will have to play the cards that they have been dealt.

Before anyone gives me a rash about being a "cheerleader" understand that I have truly supported the program for many years and am not a fair-weather fan. I have seen all of the problems from within but I feel that they could be corrected. It has been mentioned that there is no support for athletics from the administration and it undoubtedly is playing out. McClelland will have to side-step that issue and take the matter in hand personally and at the building level. I drove by the old school every night and saw him out there workiing with the boys in the off-season and that is a start.

The program will have to be treated like a business that is opening its doors for the first time in order to succeed. Old records, failures, etc. will have to be out-the-door and new programs implemented that are time-tested and proven. The current players are learning in the fire and if they make it through they will end up with the most experienced team in the area.

Will they win Friday night? It's possible and I hope it happens. No self respecting fan would wish failure on their team in order to get rid of staff, coaches, players, etc. Good luck to the team for the rest of the season.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The coaching staff has rutter blood in them so RV breaks through this week!!!!!!

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Someone finally wis one.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

fuzzhead wrote:RV is the worst team in D4 right now.

I thought that we didn't bash on here??? What do you call that? What is SP record, What is GAHS's record, You are a total moron!!!!! I suppose that you think that you are critiquing? That post was totally uncalled for. I'll bet you never played a day of football in your life!!! Sure you will say you did, and probably how great you were, but those that know the game,and have actually know better. Get alife would ya!!!

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:South point by as many as they want,river valley is the worst team in southern ohio.

Ya know,the old saying still holds true. Offense sells tickets Defense wins championships,well until the coaches at River Valley teach these kids to play defense and make defense the priority,they will struggle. How disheartning would it be for a team to drive and score and then on the next play from scrimmage the other team goes 75 yards for a TD? Welcome to River Valley football!!

Coaches wake up

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!

How do figure that they are the worst team in southern ohio?? How many games has GAHS won?? RV has played Meigs, Minford, and Oak Hill, I'll give you Waterford, Eastern will go at least 8-2 I'm not saying to pat them on the head an say get nex time, but to call them the worst team in southern ohio????? Maybe people think that you are the dumbest person on this board!!!!! And your posts prove it!!!! Bash, bash, bash!!!! Get a life guys!!!!! and leave the kids alone!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I stand by my statement.

Go look at the rest of the teams in the division, compare scores/opponents and you will see for yourself.
I wasn't making an uninformed statement.

Return to “Football”