WK6 (5-0) Warren @ (1-4) Meigs

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Total votes: 0

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Re: WK6 (5-0) Warren @ (1-4) Meigs

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren finished 9-1 several different years. twice back-to-back in the mid 60's, once in the 90's(I think), and I'm not sure about others.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Warriors have earned my respect this season for sure. Two very tough teams left to play and three very winnable ones. Good luck from Bulldog country.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Hey, Bigdog, I don't know you, but I remember when Athens used to be a powerhouse in the 60's and 70's. It's nice to see you're having a great year, too. Good luck to Athens, and maybe we'll meet in the post season.

Stopsign
Waterboy

Post by Stopsign »

What is great about High School Sports everybody has a opinion, which makes it interesting. But, the factor is that you will have two teams going at it on Friday Night. Which leads me to make a statement "may the best team win". I like Warren in this one but who really knows until the final horn. :?: :122245

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

The Warriors finished 9-1 in 1996, 1986, 1985, 1982, 1981, 1965, and 1963.
They finished 8-2 and shared their only SEOAL crown in 1995, they also finished 8-2 in 1969.
They finished 7-3 in 1994, 1984, and 1975.

Warren played in the PVC from 1961 until 1969, I believe, and then played in the TVC from 1969 until 1985, when they left for the SEOAL.

I have the all-time record in the Warren--Meigs series standing at Warriors 4, Meigs 3, based on the research swamisez has done into Warren's football history. The last game, of course, was last season at Warrior Field where the Warriors won on a wet night.
Last edited by WHSwarrior on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren needs to earn respect every step of the way this season. I don't want them going into any games with the notion that they are just going to step onto the field and win automatically. If they take every opponent seriously and prepare every week, they'll be fine. If they think somehow that winning 5 games has earned them anything for the 6th game, they are in trouble.

Warren needs to work harder this week than they did last week, then do same thing next week, then repeat . . .

They need to take care of business in Meigs County this Friday.

Big Bad Blue is Back.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

Wow ! Correct me if I am wrong, but is Meigs playing their third straight undefeated opponet in a row? How many teams can make that claim at this point in the season?

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

Johnny Utah wrote:Wow ! Correct me if I am wrong, but is Meigs playing their third straight undefeated opponet in a row? How many teams can make that claim at this point in the season?

I am not sure but I think Federal Hocking has played all 5 games against teams that have come in undefeated. Sometimes you get the schedule, sometimes the schedule gets you.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

WarriorMom wrote:You sure told them!

Told us what Orange and Brown? We don’t need yours or Woddy99's respect! Our boys know we are behind them 100% and we don’t care what you think or say. Cap’n Scoop said it best he needs to earn some respect himself on this sight. We don’t care, we will keep going out and taking care of business week by week. If anything this just fires up the boys and keep’s them motivated. Meigs just about beat NY last week, we'll see how Warren does against them Friday. Then we can talk about whom need to respect who afterwards![/quote]

Did you see the rolling eyes and embarassed smilies?? :oops: Embarassed :roll: Rolling eyes!

I was being sarcastic. I think it is great to see Warren winning again! I wouldn't bash a team like that!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

whodey your an idiot, your first ever post is a bash...if you want to type that trash stay on a logan-ironton topic...I think you will find most people agree Warren's fans are some of the most conservative, respectful, polite fans out there... dont come on here and spread that trash...Warren remains leveled but hungry and will stay that way..one week at a time...

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Warren is starting to catch a lil grieve for their schedule, but lets take a closer look. I agree that their out-of-league schedule hasn't been stellar mainly due to underperformance of the teams they have played. However Warren is in a rebuilding stage why put D1 schools on the schedule to take an *** whipping when your trying to turn things around. Warren put teams on the schedule of equal caliber and similar size (excluding Belpre).

Belpre-W 56 B 0 -
This game never leaves the schedule ever. It's a very close local rivarly game and depending on what type of year Belpre has typically a very competive game with a huge gate. Great for Washington county. Warren did everything they could here against a struggling team, scoring 55 and pitching a shut out. Belpre was in the playoffs as recently as 2 years ago.

Morgan-W 43 M 0 -
Morgan isn't a powerhouse but neither is Warren. Morgan provides a close, competive game against a team that usually fields a decent team from a tough MVL league. This slot can be improved if Warren can start winning consistently again.

P South-W 31 P 28
Although a WV team. South is a D1 equivalent team that went to the postseason last year and has won the large school WV state championship in recent memory.

Marietta-W 35 M 19
League game and rivarly. Marietta is down this year.

Point P-W 35 PP 13
A school of equal size and caliber that the SEOAL is familar with. They always field a good team and PP used to give many teams in the old SEOAL fits.

Meigs-
Playoff team last year. Struggling this year but had aspirations of being a playoff team again this year. This is a good game for Warren and should stay of the schedule.

Portsmouth-
League game. Good tradition... having a good year.

Logan-
Perennial playoff team. Legitimate shot at state title. League game, could measuring stick for Warren progress.

Chillicothe-
League game, playoff team last year with a playoff win. Always competitive.

Ironton-
Perennial playoff team. League game, could measuring stick for Warren progress. Multiple state titles to their program. Hope Warren keeps them on the schedule after they leave the SEOAL.

Despite their 5-19 opponent record thus far. Warren has scheduled well for their improving program. On their schedule is 2 teams that reached the WV playoffs last year and 4 teams that participated in the Ohio state playoffs last year. Good diversity of games with an expected high level of competition.

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

hardrock21, Name calling? Now that shows some class. You should have read my posts a little better. I was speaking to a couple of overzealous Warren posters. Not to the general Warren fan base, team or school. I am cheering for Warren in every game but one. What I posted was truth not trash. As I stated before, sometimes the schedule works for you and sometimes it works against you. This schedule is exactly what Warren needed and I hope they climb to the top and stay there. A couple of winning seasons will get more boys coming out for the team instead of moving over to the soccer field. I myself am a Warren grad of many years ago and was just stating that a couple of the posters are putting the cart before the horse and should pipe down a bit. One last thing, I had an account with over 150 posts but it was compromised forcing me to create a new account. That was not my first post. Good luck to the Warren Warriors.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I was thinking along the same lines . . . the teams Warren is playing this year are the same teams that they have played historically. The teams make sense geographically and demographically. The teams have all been competitive in recent history.

They are also teams that pretty much everyone picked to beat Warren at the beginning of the season. Many posts earlier in the season picked Warren to lose to each of the teams that we have played, but most picked us to lose to Parkersburg South and Marietta. Had someone suggested that Warren would be 5-0 at this point in the season they would have been accused of smoking crack.

So, now Warren is 5-0 and everyone says they under-scheduled. So be it.

It's an odd but somehow satisfying position to be in.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:
So, now Warren is 5-0 and everyone says they under-scheduled. So be it.

It wasn't too long ago schools were being criticised for putting a weak Warren team on their schedules, now the Warriors are underscheduling? :shock:

With the exception of Belpre, Warren's schedule is what it should be for their school size. Belpre will remain on the schedule until consolidation....oops, did I say that out loud, sorry.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Warren for the win.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

i say warren will win this game by alot. warrren will go 9-1 this season. the only lose they will have will be logan.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

every week will be a test for warren. they are doing a great job of turning their program around, and they are finding themselves in a bit of an unusual position; as one poster said they are taking the field to win games not just stay in them. winning breeds confidence, you just have to keep from getting over-confident. so far warren has done a good job of keeping their players level-headed and not looking ahead. i don't see this changing. whs has 5 tough games left on the slate, starting this week in pomeroy. this marauder offense could be the best they have faced so far this year. meigs defense got off to a slow start, but played well last week against ny. in the end, i think the warren d will be the difference again this week. that secondary is full of athletes with playmaking ability, and the front seven is very tough against the run. meigs keeps it close, but i think warren eventually wears them down. warren 35 meigs 21. good luck to both teams and stay injury free!

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

Congrats to Warren playing some great football and a 5-0 record. The Warren kids have won every game they've been asked to play. They can do no more than be perfect.

It is sad that any self-respecting football fan would get on this post or any post, which are comprised of parents, fans, and students, and downplay any of Warren's wins or any teams accomplishments for that matter.

Meigs has lost to four good to very good football teams. There is no moral victory in the several close losses of Meigs. With respect to the records, I can assure all that us Meigs fans would much rather be walking in Warren's shoes.

Warren cannot be denied as a favorite Friday night at Meigs. However, Meigs played a good game last week and was close to an upset. Meigs defense played much better. If Meigs will put together 4 quarters of offense, defense, and special teams they will be very dangerous at home. A quarter of a century ago Warren came to Meigs as an undefeated and ranked team. In that game Meigs played perfect and upset Warren. Meigs is talented enought to do it again. Go Marauders!

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

An intelligent post by eagledad....Warren is getting a close look by many outside of Vincent and it is nice to see this team getting its due recognition....the stats on the offensive side of the ball for Meigs are a little scary, showing the ability to both run and pass, so it is somewhat confusing as to why their defense has been rather porous, as most teams have their best athletes play both ways....is it coaching or what, can anyone shed light on this?.....the schedule can't be overlooked of course as they have played some pretty good offensive teams....oh well the Warriors just have to keep playing their game, offense and defense and special teams....I was impressed with how well Warren held onto the ball on a field that quickly turned into a mud pit....6-0 HAS A NICE RING TO IT!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Go Meigs!! Good luck TVC.. Get the upset, we could use the computer points. :122245

Return to “Football”