TVC-Ohio Computer points, after Wk, 6!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TVC-Ohio Computer points, after Wk, 6!!!!

Post by Orange and Brown »

I went and rounded up all of the TVC-Ohio's teams points and rankings!

D-2

Region 7- Athens 5-0 Ranked 14th

D-3

Region 12-Vinton County 0-5 Ranked 27th

D-4

Region 15-Alexander 5-0 Ranked 6th, Meigs 1-4 Ranked 23rd, Wellston 1-4 Ranked 24th

D-5

Region 19-Nelsonville-York 5-0 Ranked 4th, Belpre 0-5 Ranked 26th
Last edited by Orange and Brown on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC-Ohio Computer points, WK5

What do you guys think? How do you see the playoffs shaking out for the Ohiocome week 11? :122245

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Based on some statistical modeling (that I read elsewhere)that plays out virtually every possible scenario for the remaining five weeks, here's how it potentially plays out.

Athens - Even at 10-0 odds of making the playoffs are against them. One loss and they are clearly out of the money.

Alexander - Out of the race at 8-2. 9-1 would be pretty much a lock, and 10-0 means they host. However, I don't see 10-0 for the Spartans.

NY - Looks like 8 wins gets them in, but will only host if they go 10-0. The statistics that have been compiled show that Region 19 is the toughest D-V region to get invited to the dance. The projected total points cut off is 15.80, which is the highest threshold for any D-V region.

Best of luck to these three as they try to qualify for the postseason.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Ny Host's if they go 9-1

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If NY beats Athens, you are correct sir, you will most likely get to host as the #4 seed at 9-1, if you fall to Ironton. My bad, I was going from memory, which gets a little foggy at times....... :roll:

camreei1
Waterboy

Post by camreei1 »

Say Athens goes 10-0. Which teams should they hope lose to help them out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

camreei1 wrote:Say Athens goes 10-0. Which teams should they hope lose to help them out.

Here is what I figure must happen to get Athens in at 10-0.

If these teams lose then Athens has a shot at getting in at 10-0

Louisville 5-0, St Charles 4-1, Logan 5-0, Big Walnut 4-1

Zanesville will not make it even if they go 9-1 which is what they will end up at because there schedule is very very weak!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WOW!!!

Do you guys realize that Athens has a shot at making the playoffs!! I know it's a long shot but the have a shot in one of the toughest regions in the state!!!!
Doesn't that blow your mind?????!!!!

And don't look now!! Just when you thought the chest pains had passed!!
Alexander is ranked 6th in there region!!!!!!!
Again Do I have to say it???
Doesn't that blow your mind??????!!!!!!

If Athens county and the TVC can't get behind it's schools then I don't know what would make them.

The big thing will be secondary points!! There is not a lot to be had with the way the schedules have panned out, and only 1 of these 2 teams can run the Table!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I have looked at some numbers and thought deep thoughts so her is what I think needs to happen to get Athens, Alexander, and Nelsonville-York into the playoffs!

Lets start withAthens Athens must go 10-0 and hope for the current top 4 or 5 in region 7 to all lose 1 more game this year. That being said it will still take a miracle to get them in. At this point thuogh I am sure Athens fans are just happy to be able to talk about week 11! The rebirth of Athens football has brought lots and lots of excitement to the TVC. So at the very least if the Dogs don't make it in this year the TVC-Ohio and its fans owes Athens a big pat on the back!! Great job so far Bulldogs!!!!!

As far as Athens strength of schedule goes although it is stronger than NY's or Alex, its just not going to cut it in one of the toughest regions in the state! (19 wins and 31 losses overall)

Alexander The way I see it is that the Spartans can get in at 9-1, 10-0 would put them in no problem. Region 15 is a little weak this year so 8-2 may get them in if the other teams don't pick it up on the back end of the season. 7-3 they will more than likely be sitting home but you never know! I know that Spartan land is worked into a frenzy, so those boys will play hard these last 5 games!

As far as Alexanders strength of schedule goes they are right there with Athens. (18 wins and 32 losses)

Nelsonville-York Nelsonville-York has the easiest shot at getting in believe it or not. Region 19 is looking like it is one of the toughest regions in the state. 8-2 I think they will slide in as the 8th seed, 9-1 they could sit between the 6th and 4th seed. 10-0 puts them in from 3rd to 1st seed, more than likely 2nd or 3rd! If the bucks finish 7-3 they still have a very very slight chance to get in but a lot will have to happen for that to work out for them. We all know that Nelsonville-York will not lay down for any one, and they will fight and claw to make it to week 11 if they have to.

As far as Nelsonville-yorks strength of schedule goes they are right there with Athens and Alexander(19 wins and 31 losses)

That is just a quick summery of what I see! Let me know what you all think. Please be respectful and do not bash or talk bad about the TVC-Ohio schools in the process!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Nice breakdown OB. I think you are on the right track, Athens is in a position where they need a lot of help and NY will probably make it in barring any let downs. Alex is the most interesting of the three based on the fact that they have not faced any of the top dogs yet, if they run the table I say they definitely host round 1 but that is a very bold prediction at this point. It is also possible that they end the year at 6-4 and still have some work to do to reach the upper level in the Ohio division, too early to tell at this point.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

After this week at least one of these three teams( Athens, Alexander and Nelsonville-York) will come away with a loss.
With Alexander and Athens being the biggest game in the county in years, there will be plenty of people out watching football tonight!! Athens will more than likely draw a record crowd to Rutter field, and Alexander will set a record for the worlds largest convoy!!! :122245

Nelsonville-York is getting set to take on Belpre at Dave Boston Field and you can bet the farm they will be out for blood to avenge the 2007 loss that Belpre handed them.
If the Bucks come out strong then the Cannon stays red hot all night!!!!!! If it's a blow out I would expect some fans to mosey on over to Rutter Field to check on Alex and Athens!!!!!!
Good luck to all 5 all Athens county's teams tonight!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC-Ohio Computer points, after Wk, 6!!!!

Last week brought us 1 week closer to the playoffs and it looks like things are starting to pan out in the TVC-Ohio

D-2, Region 7

ATHENS 6-0 ranked 12th!
Once again as much as Bulldog fans are tired of hearing it, Athens has almost no shot of getting in even with a 10-0 record!!!!! Athens knocked off Alexander friday night in a game that was billed as one of the biggest in Athens County history!!!!! In order for Athens to keep there playoff hopes alive they will have to travel to Wellston and take care of buisness this Friday night!! The dogs better not over look a tough Wellston team who would love nothing more than to spoil the Bulldogs perfect season!!!

D-3, Region 12

VINTON COUNTY 0-6 ranked 28th
The Vikings tough season continues as they are still looking for there first win of the year. They will have there work cut out for them as they have to travel to Bob Roberts Field this friday to take on a tough tough Meigs team.

D-4, Region 15

ALEXANDER 5-1 ranked 10th
The Spartans are still sitting pretty good after losing to Athens on Friday night. The Spartans are now focused on winning out and going 9-1 Last week Alex played in one of the biggest games ever in the schools history and it will not get any easier for them this week as they welcome the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes to town for another high profile game. Alexander has never beaten Nelsonville-York and they are looking to end that streak this friday! A win would more than likely get the Spartens in the playoffs but a loss will not exclude them either.

WELLSTON 2-4 Ranked 22nd

Wellston comes into Friday night with a chance to play spoiler. They will be inviting the Athens Bulldogs into town for a TVC-Ohio tilt that many say Athens will win going away. The one thing that Wellston fans know is that if Athens lest them hang around for the first half, the Rockets will give The Dogs everything they want and more in the second half.

MEIGS 1-5 Ranked 27th

Meigs will welcome the Vinton Conty Vikings to town this friday night in a game that should prove to be a good ole' good one!! While neither team will get in this year that will not stop them from playing there very hardest the rest of the season.

D-5, Region 19

NELSONVILLE-YORK 6-0 ranked 5th

The Buckeyes will have there hands full this week as they will travel to Alexander to take on a 5-1 spartan team who are out to prove they belong near the top in the TVC-Ohio. The Bucks are now into the meat of there season as they have 3 really tough teams in a row. This is the point in the year where the Buckeyes prove to the rest of SEO that they are for real this year! The Bucks are playing a team who has never beaten them but they know better than any one else that alex is hungry for this win and they will not over look them. Nelsonville-York will have to really buckle down and not get comfortable in the fact that they look like a lock for the playoffs!

BELPRE 0-6 Ranked 27th

Belpre is still looking for there first win this year. It is not for a lack of talent or heart that they are 0-6, but they have had a rough year with injury's and suspensions. Belpre is on the last leg of there fairwell tour of the TVC-Ohio. Next year they will be moving to the TVC-Hocking. With four games left they are looking to win out and start building on next years team. This week Belpre will be taking on a 4-1 Rosecrans team. A win this week could give the Golden Eagles some momentum for the rest of the year.

Thats it this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to all the teams!!!!!!!!!

-O-N-B- :-D
Last edited by Orange and Brown on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Not that it matters,but Wellston is currently tied for 22nd. The win this week will move us up a bunch. :122249 :razz:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

boilermaker wrote:Not that it matters,but Wellston is currently tied for 22nd. The win this week will move us up a bunch. :122249 :razz:

It does matter and I'll fix it!!!!! :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

All fixed!!! :122245

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

N-Y dropped a spot last week after a win, prediction 8-2 (Playoffs, away game)

Alexander, dropped from 6 to 10 this week, prediction 7-3 (No playoffs)

Athens, moved up from 14th to 12th, prediction 10-0 (No playoffs, Big Walnut and St. Charles will lose another game but Louisville and Logan won't).

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

1 more day until we see they playoff race get sorted out even more!!. If Alexander can't pull off the big win against Nelsonville-
york they will feel a little more pressure as they try for there fist playoff appearence in school history! :122245

Athens has to be on upset alert to protect there shot at a 10-0 season!

Nelsonville-Yourk will be looking to keep the TVC-Ohio where it belongs for 1 more year!!

Return to “Football”