OVC River Valley (0-6) @ Fairland (4-2)

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: OVC River Valley (0-6) @ Fairland (4-2)

Post by bushmaster24 »

agree, but dont hurt them that much....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Anyone have any details on the game? Sounds like it was closer than most of us expected.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

It was 22-0 in the beginning of 2nd n then the dragons didn't really do anything for a while, then they finally scored again.
And RV scored with less than a minute left in the game.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fuzz it was a sloppy game and FHS really didn't show anything . FHS was in control the whole night. They couldn't stop big Adam lee on D . They did take your advice and they ran the ball with moderate success. If what I hear is right that Brewer is out for the rest of the year then that is a big blow to our D and they will have to find some one to replace him in a hurry.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Thanx guys!

Hey, Bishop Hartley went down again last night so it's looking better and better for Fairland's playoff chances!
Also, I must say I like the helmets this year. I hate the ones with the dragon on them; they looked like something an arena team would wear.

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

fuzzhead wrote:Thanx guys!

Hey, Bishop Hartley went down again last night so it's looking better and better for Fairland's playoff chances!
Also, I must say I like the helmets this year. I hate the ones with the dragon on them; they looked like something an arena team would wear.

i play with a bunch of guys from bishop hartley and its like 2 mins away from where i am going to school and i heard really good things about them i thought they werent losing but i must be wrong. i liked the dragons on the helmets when i played and they were a replica of UAB's dragon not arena team haha

earp
S

Post by earp »

PurpleCrusader!Cant you just be the CRUSADER?The Purple part is a little weird! :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Curious George wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
superblue wrote:According to OHSAA, River Valley is 1-5......... :-D

There are 2 River Valley's both are in the same region and both were 0-4 ,the other one is located just north of Columbus

Actually, Cheshire River Valley was 1-5 coming into this game officially, although they were 0-6 on the field. The reason for this is because they were awarded a win over Minford in Week 1 due to Minford being forced to forfeit the game.

Why are they still called Cheshire River Valley? The new school is in Bidwell, evn if the field isn't.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

jl724 wrote:It was 22-0 in the beginning of 2nd n then the dragons didn't really do anything for a while, then they finally scored again.
And RV scored with less than a minute left in the game.

scoring sumuary i saw had fairland scoring theire 2nd td at 9 min in second qtr and 3rd at arohnd 3min mark. the teams were scoreless in 3rd before both teams scored in 4th.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Cheshire pays for the whole mess so maybe they gave them naming rights.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Is Cheshire still considered a real place now that it's been "bought" by the power company?? :122246

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

fuzzhead wrote:Is Cheshire still considered a real place now that it's been "bought" by the power company?? :122246

some people did not sale.
yes there is still a cheshire.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

How could people stand to stay up there with all that pollution in the air?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to making the final trip up there next friday. For some reason, I always enjoy taking in a ball game at Cheshire. I'm gonna miss the ol' place after they get the new football field. :(

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Fuzz:

Admittedly there is pollution at Cheshire but all joking aside would it be any worse than Coal Grove or the entire tri-state (Ohio, WV, KY) area? There always seems to be the smell of creosote in the air in that valley, particularly around Coal Grove and Ironton. If you can smell it, I would think that you are breathing it. This is not a jab, simply asking.

Cheshire has definitely given its life to power the U.S. and employ thousands.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

That probably used to be the case, but now everything's shutting down :lol:
The coke plant in Ashland shut down and Armco is hanging by the skin of it's teeth.
Yeah, it still has a whiff of foulness, though. But I've heard stories of pollution fog nestling throughout Cheshire at night, as well as acid rain and other things.

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

The atmospheric effects of Gavin power plant are felt on a much wider scale than just Cheshire. The only real difference is that the people living right around the plant were the proverbial thorn in AEP's side. It was worth it for AEP to offer them a settlement and prevent any future litigation for health reasons. I'm not real learned on environmental law, but I would assume that someone living right under the power plant would be able to present a compelling case in the absence of a settlement whereas someone living some distance away would not have one. If the courts allowed anyone to bring suit, how would power plants afford to continue operating? You can see where this would create issues. I think it was convenience more than anything that prompted the sales. Either way, I didn't perceive any difference in the air from Cheshire and somewhere like Chillicothe or Athens, for example.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

All that aside, the field and facilities at RV were at one time as good as or better than practically any around our area. You have to remember that it was constructed around 1957-58 and little expense was spared for the era. I always wondered why they did not build a fieldhouse.

I honestly feel that it will be in use for a few more years unless RV goes the budget route on a new facility. I cannot imagine the quick gathering of the 7 figure numbers that it would take to do it right. It is rumored that AEP might buy the existing building (unconfirmed) but by the time the system splits it up between the two high schools there will be just enough money to do a substandard job by comparison to their opponents.

An interesting fact is that it is one of the few fields on which the home bench gets the evening sun. The bowl was a gravel pit excavated to make a base for the school. I have home movies of its construction somewhere.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

So are South Gallia and River Valley both run by a single group of people? :?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Unfortunately, yes :?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

So are they considered two seperate branches of the same school?? :?

Return to “Football”