SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:There is no need to be compairing backs in this thread. All you guys that want to, keep it in another thread. All I have to say is man I never posted nothing on here about a score but in my mind I had West winning and I will eat the Crow!!

Man did Minford come to play or what. They looked good!!!! West has struggled in the passing defense department this year and did it show tonight. West line got ate up on both sides of the ball. As soon as one of our backs got the ball they was getting hit. Minford did what ever they please when they had the ball. I was really impressed with the Falcons. One thing I am proud of is that this group of Siders don't seem to be the average Siders when it comes to fighting the other team when your losing, I know we had a few late hit calls but at the end of the game we didn't show our self like we do most years.

For West they better come ready for another dog fight next week because if they don't show up Valley will give you everything you want.

Good Luck to Falcons on their quest in winning the SOC II Title! You guys deserve it after beating the Burg and dominating West like you did tonight!

Good Luck West the rest of the year, keep your heads up and finish the season strong!

Good post. Like I said earlier, Triplett is a very good coach and runs a much better disciplined program than those of the past.

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I think Roger Gray graduated from West. This isn't the first time he has done this when broadcasting their games.

Great win by the Falcons. They really impressed me the way they dominated on both sides of the ball. I hope both them and the Burg get in the playoffs and make some noise in region 19. I'd love to see the Falcons get a rematch with Oak Hill, the Burg play Coal Grove and both of them win and meet in round #2 at Jackson or Portsmouth.

Sounds like a good way to finish all the talk!!!!

yes i hope so

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

biggdowgg wrote:I was at this game, and Minford looked really good in all aspects of the game.

this is a good minford team,. Burg last wek,and now West....bet theres till some lights on in Minford right now :lol:

good luck to both teams.

Times have changed in Minford as far as football goes. People were mad when we were 4-1 this year going into league play, in years past 4-1 going into league play would've been declared a township holiday. We expect to win and are no longer suprised when we do. This was just another game toward the Falcons ultimate goal of the SOC and home field playoff game. Minford still has a lot of football to play and they know that.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:Falcons come up big, again, I think it's time people stop drinking the haterade and give this team some credit they are a very good team. Sounded like west just didn't want any except for that one drive in the third quarter. Falcons control their own destiny for the SOC II Championship now. I had to listen to the game, unfortunately. I say unfortunately only because of a certain radio announcer I'm sure you all can guess who, everything from his pre game comment that the winner of this game would play valley next week (west plays valley next week) counting Minford out a half hour before kickoff. His most exciting time of the night was when west scored in the third, come on man, did someone from Minford do something to you in the past? Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean your a professional, you are a better person than that. I know it's hard to follow a legend like snuffy, but a little effort goes a long way.

That announcer certainly shows favoritism and always has!

I think Roger Gray should be the first in line for a big ole helping of CROW! Man, you can't show a favorite on the Radio! That kinda of stuff makes everyone in this county look bad.

There has been some pretty good post's on here from the West side. Showing alot of class, and not making excuses. Show's some real respect, THANK YOU, Good luck Siders!!!!

Go Falcons!!!

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

my hats off to the Minford QB and #87, together with the line play. Congrats

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

Bleeding Red wrote:For now Minford is 2-0 at the Rock. I think they love that stadium!

Minford would now be 2-2 at the Rock. Been playing there since 2002.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

congratulations to the Falcons. The offensive and defensive lines both played great. All the skill players on offense did good and it was good to see #81 get some passes. that has been a missing part of the offense this year. he is a big target with good hands. having #87, #81, plus the running backs in the passing game and the running game makes this team very tough. no way to key on all of them. this Minford defense is one of the best in recent memory. man they just fly to the ball.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats to Minford!!!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

I, think we have only played at the ROCK, 2 times.... so were do you get 2for2 :? :? and by the way those big 220 and 225 backs that would run MINFORD over :lol: :lol: :lol: did not happen i think rushing yds were total157, # 8,,, 52 yds for the night.... i will take small fast . over big and slooooooowwwww anytime..... ;-) as for who was not in shape,,, i would say more hands on hips on the siders side . after the 1st Q........ ;-) ;-)

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

nice post there bushmaster 24 shows some real class on your behalf your team won a big game and pretty much dominated all aspects of the game, minford is who I pick in the preseason poll to win the soc so this loss hurts west for a playoff game but posters like you is what makes you look bad. Congrats to the Falcons I will be at that home playoff game and more for as long as your in Good luck from me on the WEST SIDE

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

just responding,to the statment of 2for 2???????? all we heard on here was big backs were going to run over the minford team..... :122246 :122246 again great game MINFORD........I dont think anyone picked the falcons to be in the position they are in now......even YOU...... :122246 :122246

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

westside_rebel wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:For now Minford is 2-0 at the Rock. I think they love that stadium!

Minford would now be 2-2 at the Rock. Been playing there since 2002.

Since "The Rock" opened:

2002 West 28-0 @ Minford
2003 West 34-20 @ West
2004 West 27-13 @ Minford
2005 West 50-14 @ West
2006 West 7-0 @ Minford
2007 Minford 28-7 @ West
2008 West 28-6 @ Minford
2009 Minford 27-6 @ West

Any Questions?????

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

wow , time flys you are right .... my bad......

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Well I guess my prediction of the Soc championship being played on week 10 could come true...it be just a little different on the teams...Valley @ Minford :shock: ...At the beginning of the season, I thought Minford could win the Soc, but I didn't think they would...but they proved me wrong (although its not over yet), and as I don't the week 10 championship game happening (I don't think Valley can be beat West and Burg)...it would be a sure change of pace...but, the way the Soc has been as late it wouldn't suprise me to see Northwest walk out with a piece of the title next year!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

bushmaster24 wrote:I, think we have only played at the ROCK, 2 times.... so were do you get 2for2 :? :? and by the way those big 220 and 225 backs that would run MINFORD over :lol: :lol: :lol: did not happen i think rushing yds were total157, # 8,,, 52 yds for the night.... i will take small fast . over big and slooooooowwwww anytime..... ;-) as for who was not in shape,,, i would say more hands on hips on the siders side . after the 1st Q........ ;-) ;-)

I would take Pendleton in a foot race over anyone on minfords team...yes, he was held under 100 yards, but other than #61 Cody Bricker, he didn't get a lot of help upfront, Minford's multiple front defense and quick line confused West's young o-line...Honestly I think if West scores on the opening drive (in which they came out like gangbusters) it was a different game, but they didn't...Minford's defense is very quick and puts 11 hats to the football on every play...that is one reason Pendleton couldn't break a big one Minford had 4 guys on him before he could get the Line of Scrimmage...And on offense Minford dominated in the trenches, and ever though the secondary played fairly well they allowed the big play, which potientally killed all of the momentum...Minford has a good team, and a good coaching staff...I would sure love to see a Burg-Minford rematch week 11, and hopefully the friday before that I can watch my Senators play a playoff game. West needs to keep their head up and realize the Soc championship is not everything...a playoff appearance is a sign of a winning program and a winning tradition that needs to be established...if they win 2 out of the last 3, they probably will make the playoffs, and that should be achieveable

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:You know all this talk about who is the best back, what about Minfords ole #7. The way he run the ball last week, and the way he passed tonight, he might be the best back in SOC II, this year.

Go Falcons!!!

I said before this season started that Oesch is the best passer in the SOC. He also runs the ball very well.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I hope now Minford Falcons get the respect that they have earned. First the speed was going to kill them against the burg. Then, West's big backs were going to pound them and wear them out. What I seen against West was Minford dominating both lines and the backs running at will. Minford in the 4th quarter was running up to the line of scrimmage setting the play and West defense was bent over with hands on hips and unable to match Minfords pace.
I was concerned about West's big backs but I also stated West wasn't sound in the passing and kicking game and it showed Sat.
A lot of comments stated Minford is a good team this year. "Good", for some reason is a way to say some can't except the fact Minford is better than they want to admit. Minfords off season weightlifting program and conditioning is showing up in these games. Minfords for real! I'm sure the PDT prognosticators will have NW and Minford split and PDT sports editor, Stegman will jump Valley to #1 and drop Minford two spots in his subjective county poll. :roll:

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

my gosh picking on Roger Gray and John Stegman both no in is happy all the time i guess

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Nice job minford- watched them play both the burg and west and they have really stepped it up. Good for them they have payed their dues nows it is their time.- i would like to also see a rematch-with the burg and minford. :122249

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

sider wrote:
bushmaster24 wrote:I, think we have only played at the ROCK, 2 times.... so were do you get 2for2 :? :? and by the way those big 220 and 225 backs that would run MINFORD over :lol: :lol: :lol: did not happen i think rushing yds were total157, # 8,,, 52 yds for the night.... i will take small fast . over big and slooooooowwwww anytime..... ;-) as for who was not in shape,,, i would say more hands on hips on the siders side . after the 1st Q........ ;-) ;-)

I would take Pendleton in a foot race over anyone on minfords team

I would bet on our two Corners any day of the week. Butcher and Piquet (sp) are both very fast.

Return to “Football”