SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Re: SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by Charley Hustle »

Looks like a good matchup between two long-time rivals. Jackson on a 6-0 run and Ironton being the usual threat regardless of wins a and losses with their punishing ground game and a legend for a coach sets the stage for a good game. Looking at Jackson's running and passing stats makes me believe this game is a toss-up with maybe a slight edge towards the Ironmen.

Checking the forecast and it says a chance of rain which should have little effect on either team.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Good luck Tigers!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Hey Ironmen, I know there is a Dakotas in Jackson, any other places to dine on the way to the game?

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

85, not much other than fast food and ponderosa. Dakotas will be packed so plan ahead.
I'm with everyone else on this Ironton /Logan thing, GIVE IT A REST! I also would not completely count out Marietta. Any team CAN win on any given night.
GO MARIETTA TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

85inside wrote:
2old wrote:TTT,

Gee keep openng the doors. you make it way to easy to answer your attempts at rebuttal. of course well .....it is always easy for me.

First 59 yards passing a game this late in the season is ONE dimensional.

The game I saw Ironton play they had no passing attack. In fact did not attempt a pass until under 5 minutes to g in the game.
Jackson has an excellent kicker. i do not think Itown wants this to come down to a field goal contest.

I am a BIG fan of the Tigers. When the Tigers win Logan gets more computer points. Thanks boys.

Misleading information. Ironton dropped back to pass 3-5 times before that 5 minute mark 2 old. No, they didnt actually attempt the pass, the quarterbnack either had to scramble, because of the pressure or he was sacked. So a pass play was called.
Your point about Ironton putting the ball on the ground too much, is very valid however. Had ironton not turned the ball over vs. Logan they would have certainly won. I could say the same vs. Ashland. So, in my opinion, ironton would be 6-0 if they would have played turnover free football.
The same could be said about this friday night. Ironton plays error free football, i believe they will win. Also, say what you want, you dont need irontons points to garner a playoff spot and noone really believes you want Ironton to win this game either.

If you turn the ball over then you cant assume that you would have scored. Logan scored 3 times, Ironton once. Thats not enough points to win the game so no, had Ironton not turned the ball over at all they would have still lost the game. Sorry. Nothing wrong with losing to a much better team.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

85, as you know the OBDTF know the places to eat and we are heading to the the Jackson Elks for a buffet at 5:00. Menu is brats, bean soup and cornbread and beer for a buck. If that is not appealing the Corner Lunch is another choice. And after that are the family type restaurants available, Valentines, and Pizza Hut but I really dont think they meet your expectations.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Jackson will need the defense to step up with turnovers. I like Ironton by a minimum of 21 if they don't turn it over.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson's Pizza Hut is closed for remodeling.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
2old wrote:TTT,

Gee keep openng the doors. you make it way to easy to answer your attempts at rebuttal. of course well .....it is always easy for me.

First 59 yards passing a game this late in the season is ONE dimensional.

The game I saw Ironton play they had no passing attack. In fact did not attempt a pass until under 5 minutes to g in the game.

Jackson has an excellent kicker. i do not think Itown wants this to come down to a field goal contest.

I am a BIG fan of the Tigers. When the Tigers win Logan gets more computer points. Thanks boys.

You the man TTT, I got your back....

NUFF SAID.........................

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Cardos on South Street has a really good buffet fom 5:30 to 7:30. It's just up from the high school. Also you could get a Jackson County Veal at the game. They are really good.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

grndma1 wrote:Cardos on South Street has a really good buffet fom 5:30 to 7:30. It's just up from the high school. Also you could get a Jackson County Veal at the game. They are really good.

grandma, called that number you gave me and we have several groups stopping at the Elks for their cornbread, beans and brats........thanks again and maybe we will see you in the stands............

I see where that nasty ol liquid stuff is in the forecast again.........oh well, that is why we wear rain gear..........

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

on topic, stay focused Tigers.............one game at a time.....................
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'd rather not have rain on Friday. It seems like this is beginning to be an every Friday occurrence.

However, if I can get the same result as the last time Ironton came to Jackson on a rainy night, I'll certainly take it.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ironman02 wrote:I'd rather not have rain on Friday. It seems like this is beginning to be an every Friday occurrence.

However, if I can get the same result as the last time Ironton came to Jackson on a rainy night, I'll certainly take it.

I was there also..........soaked but I was there............ :)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PBTa2THXk8[/youtube]

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
grndma1 wrote:Cardos on South Street has a really good buffet fom 5:30 to 7:30. It's just up from the high school. Also you could get a Jackson County Veal at the game. They are really good.

grandma, called that number you gave me and we have several groups stopping at the Elks for their cornbread, beans and brats........thanks again and maybe we will see you in the stands............

I see where that nasty ol liquid stuff is in the forecast again.........oh well, that is why we wear rain gear..........

Well, if you wear that same rain gear, you'll be easy to find. As soon as you stepped in the gate that year, all eyes were on you. :122245 Have fun at the Elks but keep your eye on the clock or you will miss kick off.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

I don't hardly remember a game at Jackson, when it didn't rain. Got more memories of the rain than the loss we took there. In case of rain, Hold on to the ball tigers and we will do fine. GO TIGERS by 14

Ironton 28

Jackson 14

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

grndma1 wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

Well, if you wear that same rain gear, you'll be easy to find. As soon as you stepped in the gate that year, all eyes were on you. :122245 Have fun at the Elks but keep your eye on the clock or you will miss kick off.

I'll have the trench coat ready to go grandma............. :)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That the same coat you got arrested in back in '97?

Return to “Football”