SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by IronTigerMum »

TTT: I was proud to stand next to you in your nanner outfit last time, we had better lighting than anyone in the stadium. First time I met the esteemed 'FIDO' too, so it was a good night.:)

Tigers haven't had good luck running on that field in the rain in recent past history, but, it's time to reverse that luck! GOOO TIGERSSSSSS!

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Noone is giving Jackson they deserve. I think if Jackson's o & d line played as well as they played last week, jackson will get off to an early start. Everytime they have the ball however they need to score and no give Ironton any chance to come back. For this game Jackson has to play FOUR quarters of football. This team they are facing tonight by far, is the best competition this year. Tonight gives the Ironmen a chance to prove theirself to everyone that they are a 6-0 team. Good luck tonight

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

tigers sked readies them much better for this game.... time to make the push to the playoffs

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I believe the schedule helps but the lack of success on the schedule may indicate an inherant problem. Maybe it exposes a propensity to put the ball on the ground or to have a one dimensional attack.

Those types of mistakes can help jackson overcome an obviously easier schedule.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Ironton wins the game by 2 TD's...... How many people will Alumni Stadium hold??

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Jackson holds more than will be at the ball park tonight. Now parking your car could be a challenge.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

Orange, you are a mean man....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..... and guess who had to put the picture up AGAIN to prove it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hey Big Red, don't be getting on my buddy TTT, cause I got his back!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NUFF SAID.........................

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All I can say is be carefull coming home could be bad.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:
And take away a flag throwing ref on two diff accounts, and Portsmouth wins that game.

I understand the frustration of having crucial penalties throughout a game. From what I have been told and heard on the radio during the game, there were quite a few questionable calls both ways. That's just how things go during the course of the game. I could say that if Jackson wouldn't have made a couple crucial special teams mistakes, or if they would have taken advantage of a couple first half opportunities, the game never would have been close. But the truth is that those mistakes and missed opportunities are also a part of the game, just the same as good and bad calls. I feel bad for the Trojans to have lost such a close game when they fought so hard to come back, but I also have to give credit to Jackson for taking those shots from Portsmouth, getting back up off the mat, and coming out with a win.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Weather in Jackson a while ago was absolutely perfect...sunny and 70 degrees. Too bad we couldn't have had this window of weather later tonight. Forecast still looks like it's going to be ugly this evening.

coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

I believe Alumni Stadium can hold 5500 (3500 Home, 2000 Visitor). The field is also supposed to be able to drain a 4"/hour rain.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

rain er shine. we'll be there for this one. i'm counting on a big game outta my tigers,.and some big points.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Looking out my window right behind me..it looks like it's about 8 o'clock it's so dark out!

Oh..and there is a tornado watch out too

...and..looking at The Weather Channel's website...it would appear that the wind might be as large of a factor as anything in tonight's game.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Be careful coming up 93 tonight guys. Take your time and be careful of standing water as well as deer. See you at the stadium.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

4ever......I'll choose the veal...but the Panther burger was awesome....especially the price!

Jackson has a ridiculous turnovver margin on the positive....our weakness has been penalties but those seem to be improving.

Some of our defensive guys really need to be focused tonight because no doubt in my mind will Lutz pull a fake handoff for a wide-open pass....it might only take 1. BEWARE!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

ALMOST GAME TIME
On the radio on WIRO 1230 AM
On the net: http://www.foxsports1230.com/pages/scores.html
Click beside the TIGER face down in the middle of the page.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Got home late again. Just in time to hear the tigers stop jackson on their second drive and wilkes takes punt all the way.WOW. Sounds like we are off to a great start, unsure of what offense for each team has been able to do. sounds like defense, and again, penalties as IHS just got one to continue jackoson on the field, after they would have turned it over on downs for their, at minimum, from what ive heard since logging on, their secon over thrown pass, Yet I town has personal foul to give them a first down. Ironton must truly win this game, convincingly would be nice, and STOP THE TURNOVERS AND PENALTIES.. IT IS GAME SEVEN.. SHOW YOUR POWER, STRENGTH, AND FITNESS, TO TAKE THIS GAME.... I, of course, am a little hard on the tigers, but they have let two games turn from a win to a loss, because of these issues. Here is hoping for an injury free game for both teams, and of course, An Ironton victory.... wishi was there, havent been to jacksons' new stadium.. heard it was awesome.. gotigersgo.. get the ball!!!!! and then kaboom preston to moning with a long td pass of sixty five yards long, then atleast a 30 second late flag, taking away ironton kick off on the twenty five, instead of 35 on the kick off. Ironton misses kick. I say, go for the first down, at midfield, and go for two at this point... Unless jackson scores. Tiger DEFENSE should tighten up, prove their quickness, conditioning, power to get to the ball and allow the tigers to do this and take some chances we usually do not. Time for small change.
Jackson is extremely overthrowing on passing up to just now, where they just had a 8 yard catch, to make it 3 and two, ironton holds them back a yard, jackson passing again.. I town, in their backfield at will... touchback, ironton at the twenty 13 to zero..

Ironton up thirteen to zero after first quarter, causing jackson offense fits. If i town can control the ball, penalties, and turnovers, it will be good, and something they must be able to take control of from here on out for a playoff appearance... gotigersgo, get the ball... always!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton 21-0 , 8:09 till halftime, worse than I thought it would be.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wow, tiger scores again, goes for two and gets it to make up for miss pat... i town up 21 to zero... very postivie play as ironton went for a faked punt and got it... just the chances i say need to happen more often, to let the others know we have the talent, and we are not always gonna stick to what you know of us..... Plus we are passing efficeintly, and holding jackson and their offense to very little progress.. keep it up I town... love the tigers... jackson with first long completion of 17 yards and their second first down, j,son throws for a six yard pick up, keeping secondary of ironton on their toes... hold em tigers..
Yet , Ironton letting jackson get another first down with a pass, after a dead ball penalty, seeming to be a three and out. Jackson has another dead ball penalty, gains four on the ground, second and eleven jackson.. Im gonna stop this silly exubarated posting since cagelewis is doing it on another thread. It was just my momentum from rushing from work in an hour and half, gas, atm, grocery, lottery, and walking dogs to come into this surprising wonderful performance by the tigers on both sides of the ball.... signing off, til the end of the game.. go tigers go.. get the ball, get the ball, get the ball, get the ball, get the ball, Ironton's wilkes goes for about a 85 yard jaunt for a td, dodged players, but a penalty for holding calling it back.. the things we need to stop, to be the cream of the crop... truly til games' end, tjh....
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Wilkes with an 82 yard TD run that's called back on a holding call. :(

Two personal fouls and now hold to negate a first down. Silly penalties.

Return to “Football”