SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

ironman02
SEOP

Re: SEOAL Ironton (4-2, 2-1) @ Jackson (6-0, 3-0)

Post by ironman02 »

Ironton 28 - Jackson 7 - Final.

First of all, congrats to the Ironton Fighting Tigers. They came out and did what they do best, which is control the line of scrimmage by being physically dominant. They won the battle up front and that allowed them to completely control the football game, for the most part. Ironton is a VERY good football team who should finish at 8-2 and make some noise in Region 15. Those boys up front on the O-line are one of the more impressive units that I have seen in recent memory. Good luck to Ironton the rest of the way.

Tonight certainly wasn't Jackson's night. The Ironmen made some big special teams mistakes (Wilkes' punt return for a TD and the fake punt by Wetzel that set up another score) and committed some costly penalties. That said, the Ironmen played hard and they did so up until the end. They went toe-to-toe with a physical football team, and while they didn't win the game, they were competitive. You can't ask for more from the Ironmen as far as effort goes.

The passing game struggled tonight for Jackson. Kruize made some nice throws, but I think he may have been a little TOO amped up because he overthrew a few passes early on. Jackson ended up with over 250 yards of offense, and was very balanced throughout the game. They just couldn't convert on a few crucial 3rd downs, and that killed some drives.

Overall, Jackson now sits at 6-1 with that one loss being to an outstanding football team. I know this loss hurts, but there are three games left and the Ironmen need to win at least two of those to make the playoffs. Learn from tonight's loss, put it behind you, and move on to Chillicothe next week. Remember what happened during the 7-on-7 in July? Make 'em pay for it!!!

Finally, I would like to say that I was greatly disappointed with the atmosphere at tonight's game. I know it was supposed to rain, which it really didn't, but that shouldn't matter. This was a 6-0 Jackson football team playing its biggest game of the season, on SENIOR NIGHT, and that's the turn-out we get? Jackson's stands were barely half full, if that. There's one word that comes into my mind to describe that...SAD. Our boys deserve better than that. They have played their tails off for us all season and no one shows up to support them on their most important night...and many of those who did, didn't make a peep. There's no excuse for that at all. Get behind this team and support them the last three weeks of the season on the road. They're 6-1 and they're still playing for an SEOAL title and the playoffs! Jackson is supposed to be a football town. Apparently there are only a handful of us who remember that! And where was all the music? I know there were senior night festivities going on, but I bragged about the atmosphere all week and it was nowhere to be found.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

BTW, I heard Mr. Heath talking about Coach Lutz' win total as I was leaving the stadium. How many more wins does he need to break the record?

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

Let's get it together Ironmen. Don't allow this loss to define your season. You're better than that. You lost to a respectable team, don't beat yourselves up for it. Some of the pre-season info I received here in Dayton was that you will have an average season. You've already exceeded that. Man up and go win your next three games. Not one, or two out of three, but all three games. To settle for anything less is stinken thinken, and loser talk! I know you guys are going to kick butt and win out. Good luck from Flyer country.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ironman02 wrote:BTW, I heard Mr. Heath talking about Coach Lutz' win total as I was leaving the stadium. How many more wins does he need to break the record?

Coach Lutz needs 2 wins to break the Record.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

O2, I don't know where you were watching the game from, but there was a lot of noise from our end of the stadium by the student section. I think I will still be hoarse tomorrow. I do agree about the crowd being down, but what bothered me was the amount of them that also left early. It must be very hard on the boys who were playing their hearts out to see so many people get up and leave early. On another note, it was nice visiting with my Ironton friends before the game. Congrats to them on the win and good luck in the play offs. I hope you go all the way.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I was on the other end of the stadium.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

grndma1 wrote:O2, I don't know where you were watching the game from, but there was a lot of noise from our end of the stadium by the student section. I think I will still be hoarse tomorrow. I do agree about the crowd being down, but what bothered me was the amount of them that also left early. It must be very hard on the boys who were playing their hearts out to see so many people get up and leave early. On another note, it was nice visiting with my Ironton friends before the game. Congrats to them on the win and good luck in the play offs. I hope you go all the way.

sorry I missed you grandma, your friends downtown had a nice little buffet set up which tied us up longer than we expected. I think the rain held down the crowd last nite but overall it did not have any effect on the outcome of the game. It was a very physical game and I hope all the bruises and bumps heal up for next week.......

We loved your PA announcer, he had a pretty good description of every play...sometimes too descriptive..... :roll:

once again a very nice facility with lots of seating and parking and good fans.........

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

We are all used to our announcer by now but when the ref would call out the penalties, HIS voice just cut right through you. Either his microphone was too loud or he felt the need to scream into it. The lady sitting in front of me jumped everytime he made a call. By the way, Loved Irontons band. Your drum major should try out for Ohio State drum major. Sorry I missed you too ttt, but the rest of Irontons finest along the top row were very friendly and I had a nice visit with them. I even got a hug from YTB. :-D

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

I second that "02" the crowd last night for Jackson was horriable!! Big game, Senior night, 6-0 and no support!! I will never understand why there are so many at a Wellston vs Jackson game that every one pretty much knows the outcome. Then a big game like this one and no one shows up because of a little rain. We live in OHIO people guess what the closer it gets to the end of the season the weather will be wet and probally cold nothing new.

I believe that is why the kids came out flat tonight in the first half, that and they looked like they were a little scared to start the game. Ironton is a good football team they do the little stuff right in the trenches and just run you to death.

Have to get 2 of the next 3 to get in good luck boys keep your heads up learned a very good lesson this evening!!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Jackson is facing an enormous up hill battle to beat either Zville or Logan This was further complicated by Zville defeating St Chucks. Having said that Jackson will have a fun game next week. This game showed that the Irontome need to up grade that schedule if they want to compete with good teams year in and year out. Currently they are on a plan to have a good year every 10 years or so. Random selection and the gene pol will get that for Jackson every 10 years.

Ironton was clearly the better team. They will be the better team against Ptown also. I think Itown has all their scheduling problems out of tjhe way. They are good and only seem to have trouble handling the best teams in the area.

Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes gma1 , i had my beads on , and everything. we too were shocked by jacksons crowd. it was quite sparse. but people seemed to file in right before gametime, we wish jackson luck the rest of the season. i thought we were gonna set through torrential rain, from what i experienced driving up, but was actually really nice. we met some jackson players after the game, at a local rest. and they all seemed like such gentlemen. just seemed like real good kids. wish you all great luck, can anybody believe next week is week 8 all ready. i can't. :122246

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Psssssssttttt......hey bait its only week 7. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Crowd noise was equal to a jr high volleyball game. You could hear the crickets on Dickason St.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02 and ironman92 are both 100-percent correct on this subject.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Ironman92 wrote:Crowd noise was equal to a jr high volleyball game. You could hear the crickets on Dickason St.

I heard a lady pass gas that was setting 3 rows in front of us..........nuff said........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Congrats to the Tigers on the win. I'm sorry to say that I stayed home by the radio. I would never have done that 10 years ago but I did Friday. I really thought Jackson would score before the half.
That said - Coach Lutz can tie winningest Coach honors this week at Portsmouth. He is a deserving Coach and person. I will be there rain or shine. Week after, celebration in I-Town. Such a prestigious honor for our Head Coach and little town nothing but good wishes to the Fighting Tiger team, they will be a part of history this year in more ways than one. Go Tigers!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Crowd noise was equal to a jr high volleyball game. You could hear the crickets on Dickason St.

I heard a lady pass gas that was setting 3 rows in front of us..........nuff said........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's right, blame someone else! And it's sitting, not setting. How many times do I have to tell you this? Didn't you learn anything in that one room schoolhouse?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ItownHosscat wrote:Psssssssttttt......hey bait its only week 7. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WE GOT WEEK 8 -------PORTSMOUTH
WE GOT WEEK 9 -------NELSONVILLE YORK
WE GOT WEEK 10 ------WARREN, -------- NUFF SAID. WE ARE 5-2, THAT MAKES 7 , WEEK 8 , HOWEVER YOU CUT IT. :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”