SOC2 Valley (5-1) @ Waverly (3-3)

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Valley (5-1) @ Waverly (3-3)

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

The Oaf wrote:and over and over and over and over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are thinking about you did yesterday, then you haven't done much today.

-Lou Holtz

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

This weather doesn't favor Valley's style of play. I still think they have too much overall talent for the Tigers, but this rain could cause problems. I know Waverly isn't really a power running team, so both team might have to switch up their gameplan's tonight. I just hope that the rain isn't so hard that it makes this game miserable to watch.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crab_apple4 wrote:This weather doesn't favor Valley's style of play. I still think they have too much overall talent for the Tigers, but this rain could cause problems. I know Waverly isn't really a power running team, so both team might have to switch up their gameplan's tonight. I just hope that the rain isn't so hard that it makes this game miserable to watch.

Agreed, I think the weather makes it a close game....Valley by 14

briandixon
Waterboy

Post by briandixon »

as much as I hate to say it I think valley will take this one... waverly has their heads down and has injuries all over the place... but I still think waverly wont go down with out a fight if valley gets up a couple touchdowns by the half they will walk away with it... but the tigers will fight for their home feild and keep it close i believe

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Halftime 17-0 Valley

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly loses 23-6 after putting up a great effort. The boys never gave up and fought to the very end. The Tigers dug themselves a 17-0 hole at halftime after turning the ball over several times, a couple times in the red zone. A fumble in the shotgun at the one with 2nd and goal was a KILLER. Another series of downs inside the 10 were turned away with an incomplete pass on 4th down. One fumble inside our own 20 lead to a Valley TD. There may have been another but I can't remember.

Kelly stepped in at QB and did a nice job in his first start as a young sophomore.
He had ALL night to throw the ball as Valley's rush could not get any traction in the mud. Waverly could have passed the ball all night with Kretzer and Roback towering over the much smaller DB's. Valley could not cover them at all.

The Tigers lone TD came with under two minutes to play on a pass from Kretzer to Roback on an end around. Where has that been all year?

For those who may be wondering, Roback was able to play but with the injury to his throwing arm could not QB. He caught several nice balls. Fastest kid on the field most games, utilize his speed.

The Tigers had plenty of chances tonight but simply could not put the ball in the end zone. This was a game the Tigers very well could have won.
Had the Tigers been healthy I'd say we're looking at a different outcome. But you play with what you're dealth with and they gave it their all, that's all you can ask for.

As for the kid from Valley who way laid Roback with a deliberate punch to the facemask in the first half, he should have been ejected. The officials never even talked to him. All they did was assess a 15 yard personal foul against Valley.
I don't care who it was, if it was a Waverly player hitting an opponent like that they deserve to be ejected.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Take the win and move on.

briandixon
Waterboy

Post by briandixon »

Waverly put up a great fight there was no shame n this lose... we drove on them all night just couldn't finish... Vally finally got called down for holding on to Waverly's WRs aftr a complete half of them holding them. It was a great game though and was fun to go and watch! Dont hang your head Tigers we got another tough game in dah Burg!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

impressive, very impressive :roll:

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Oaf This.....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Good win, Valley.
The 2nd-level points are much-appreciated from your friends in the Grove! Here's hoping you guys surprise some people in SOCII country.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

As for the kid from Valley who way laid Roback with a deliberate punch to the facemask in the first half, he should have been ejected. The officials never even talked to him. All they did was assess a 15 yard personal foul against Valley.

It was retaliation... The person that acts 2nd gets caught. I'm just saying take a look at the film if you have access.

As for the game, it was a very workman-like effort from the Indians. They played hard, but they also pulled back the reigns on offense. Waverly played hard, but they didn't have the depth or the talent that Valley was running out there.

I'm just happy that Valley got out of that game healthy and ready for a very tough run the next 3 weeks. If the Indians are able to take 2 of 3 then they have a chance to play in week 11. Hopefully the flu bug avoids the locker-room the next 3 weeks.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Retaliation for what, being held all night.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Yep, if you say so

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Glad we can agree.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Retaliation? You have to be kidding me! You are going to condone what that kid from Valley did. Roback never threw any punches at him and was being held all night. Whatever confrontations were taking place did not give anyone the right to throw a punch - PERIOD!

THAT IS AN AUTOMATIC EJECTION!

Oh, and by the way - he picked off a Waverly pass in the end zone on yet another Waverly drive, this one early in the 3rd quarter. I didn't mention that red zone turnover in my earlier post.

If you were not at the game I'm sure Valley feels fortunate to leave Waverly with the W.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Oh my goodness. Congratulations to Waverly on the win over the Indians last night.. I am shocked Waverly manhandled us like they did.. They were too much and deserved the win.. I would have thought Valley would have at least made it close, but with Waverly moving up and down the field like they did, it was just too much for the Indians.. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the year. You clearly proved yourselves the better team on Friday with the big win over Valley.. alot of computer points and a possible playoff appearance awaits the Tigers. I really expected more of an effort from the losing team: The Valley Indians. But as tigershuddle and hbk123 clearly stated: Waverly was just too much for the outmanned, outgunned Indians on Friday... Congrats

indianfan99
Waterboy

Post by indianfan99 »

pmow3 wrote:Oh my goodness. Congratulations to Waverly on the win over the Indians last night.. I am shocked Waverly manhandled us like they did.. They were too much and deserved the win.. I would have thought Valley would have at least made it close, but with Waverly moving up and down the field like they did, it was just too much for the Indians.. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the year. You clearly proved yourselves the better team on Friday with the big win over Valley.. alot of computer points and a possible playoff appearance awaits the Tigers. I really expected more of an effort from the losing team: The Valley Indians. But as tigershuddle and hbk123 clearly stated: Waverly was just too much for the outmanned, outgunned Indians on Friday... Congrats

Don't know what you are talking about but Valley won this game 23 to 6

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

tongue in cheek

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Wheres the Valley vs Minford game at this year??

Return to “Football”