SVC Westfall (4-2) @ Zane Trace (4-2)

mattash
Site Admin

SVC Westfall (4-2) @ Zane Trace (4-2)

Post by mattash »

Should be the SVC Championship. Thoughts?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC Westfall (4-2) @ Zane Trace (4-2)

Post by mstangmom »

WESTFALL in a very good game

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Westfall 26 ZT 21

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ill take the Pioneers . Good luck to both teams.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

haha...That's enormous! :-D

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Westfall IMO

Grace22
Freshman Team

Post by Grace22 »

Zane Trace

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think Westfall wins this one and the rest of the regular season slate en route to a playoff berth.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Zane Trace

"Kill the king
Tear him down
Kill the king
Got to take his crown" - Rainbow

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

WOW, wing-T your hatred for westfall really runs deep HUH.

I believe once again all hope for taking Westfall down will have to wait until next year.
But hopefully this will be a GOOD game

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Hatred is such a strong word................................................

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

thing is GAHS is wing-t's team already had their chance to knock westfall off the top of the mountain, last week when we played SE, they failed to do so. All he wants to do now is instigate things because he hates that Westfall has such a sucessful program.
Later he will complain that Westfall is to big a school for the SVC and thats why the always win. which I am really looking forward to this year.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Wrong again..................I have nothing to do with SE. As far as Westfall getting "knocked off the mountain" besides ZT they better worry about Piketon too. I would hope you would have a better team then most of the SVC when you dress twice as many players as some schools.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

well see the difference is westfall won't worry about Piketon until Piketon. This is about Westfall and ZT. and I already said this should be a good game but in the end Westfall still comes out on top.

and for the fans, well the wins will keep coming this reagular season. and really I think it is fair to say thewins will keep coming next year when you consider all the Underclassmen playing this year.

As far a dressing more players you can throw that out the window. look at AC the smallest school in the MSL currently beating eveyone. and they play 3 schools 2 sizes bigger than them. and not just this year either they countinue to be competitive year in and year out.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

You might want to used a different example than Amanda Clearcreek..

From the OHSAA website
Boys
Amanda-Clearcreek High School 223
Westfall High School 220

Huh their the same size as Westfall not like:

Adena High School 134
Paint Valley High School 151
Huntington High School 158
Southeastern High School 173
That's 86 more boys than Adena........thats about the size of your football team.
Oh bye the way your about the same size as AC , so whats your record against the MSL???

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

sorry zt...im takin westfall in this one....

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

wing-t wrote:You might want to used a different example than Amanda Clearcreek..

From the OHSAA website
Boys
Amanda-Clearcreek High School 223
Westfall High School 220

Huh their the same size as Westfall not like:

Adena High School 134
Paint Valley High School 151
Huntington High School 158
Southeastern High School 173
That's 86 more boys than Adena........thats about the size of your football team.
Oh bye the way your about the same size as AC , so whats your record against the MSL???

Yes but AC is a DIV school that plays 3DII schools (TV, HT, CW), 3DIII schools (LE,CV,BU) and 1 DIV schoo(FU)l. SO your theory is out the window when it comes to size and competition. ALSO I might add up until 2 years ago AC was a D-5 school competing against those larger schools. In case you can't figure it out AC has always been the smallest school in the MSL and yet they have a winning record against all those larger schools.

As far as Westfall's record against MSL schools this year 1-2 in the past 10 years I believe it is Against CV 7-4WF, LE it is 5-5, and TV it is 8-2WF. SO not to bad against those larger schools if you must know. Do you need me to go back futher just to make the #'s against westfall? Because all that will do is prove the same thing that has been said for years which Westfall did GO OUT AND GET BETTER.

Do you want the biddy league win's and loses against the MSL too?

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

It's pointless to beat this dead horse...........Fact is Westfall has one of the largest enrollments in the SVC. Fact Westfall has the largest football roster in the the SVC.
I'm sure they also have a JV team and a Freshman team a luxury that the smaller schools in the SVC don't have. See when your a out numbered 2 to 1 with underclassman the have to play varsity it's just a little harder to win games. So until you " walk in my shoes" don't give me your "GO OUT AND GET BETTER" crap. I never said a small school couldn't win or have successful program it's just harder. Oh yeah
GO ZANE TRACE!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

GAHS all good points, However wing-t original post this year(just like years past) is about the number of boys in the school. Even posting the OHSAA #'s the determine divisions. Fact is thos numbers don't mean crap. Westfall is a DIV school and Teays valley a very large DII according to OHSAA #'s. Westfall fields a team twice the size as TV. and TV has a freshman,JV, and varsity program. AC a fairly new DIV school fields teams at all three levels also even when they were smaller.
Do you really think Westfall would have a team the size it is if it did not win as much?
Westfall found ways to get better and as they did the numbers on the team went up, IF I remember correctly 7 years ago westfall feilded like 49 boys now those numbers are up around 60+. kids are coming out for football because they are winning, we start losing those numbers would go down.

As for westfall sometimes they do somtimes they don't have a freshman program depending on what they can or cannot get scheduled. I have heard that in order to keep a strong freshman program westfall was looking to more MSL schools to schedule like AC,TV,LE,CV and other leagues last year they played chilli just to get them games due to the lack of freshmen teams in the svc. when my oldest was a freshmen westfall played 3 freshmen games one of which was against Mcclain. when my middle child was a freshman they played 2 freshman games. due to the lack of availability of freshman games freshmen usually play JV and varsity at westfall. something the program is trying to change a little. OF course another option the school is looking at is canceling all freshman sports at westfall and just having JV and varsity.

Paint Valley could be another good example also, they usually have a Freshman JV and varsity team and they are the second smallest school in the league and one of the most competitive most years. Of course their numbers on the team depend like everyone else if they are winning or losing.

Fact is GAHS, wing-t has been hooked on school size since 2007 (on here) wanting westfall to leave the league citing westfall is to big a school for the svc.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

and westfall looks at teams like Ironton, amanda and now Coldwater.

Back to the game now.............................

I get the feeling that nost are saying ZT because of recent scores Westfall had. like Unioto which I think they prved last week they are better than most give them credit for. or even SE which does not show that the starters started sitting out in the 3rd. Or even the fact that Westfall is just starting to get back a few starters that they lost in the last 2 games of non-league play.

It will be fun once again watching not 1, not 2 or 3 but 4 and 5 players from the opposing team take Vinnie down. Got to admit it is cool how he drags 3 players forward with him as he runs the ball.
So I guess once again Westfall will just have to go out and PROVE they can and will win against ZT. League win #30 coming up :-D

Return to “Football”