TVC-Ohio Athens (6-0) @ Wellston (2-4)

questionmark
All Conference

Re: TVC-Ohio Athens (6-0) @ Wellston (2-4)

Post by questionmark »

Like I said earlier...The Athens 'Tenacious D' would be a decider in the outcome...
Their 3rd shut-out on the year...impressive...

Great WIN Dogs...(7-0)

***What is with the shut-outs 2nite...all across the state***

**By-the-way, Great Win to Coach Arno & The Alexander Spartans**
You guys are now in the History books, the 1st ever...enjoy it!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

What was the final score?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Athens 26
Wellston 0
Once again Special teams kill Wellston .Athens scored 14 points one punt return,one blocked punt for a easy 2 yrd score.Athens had a good defensive game plan for the Rockets,and physicialy dominated Wellston up front. Wellston's longest run of the night was by J Prater 13 yrds.Wellston was held to 153 total offense. Athens had a total of 165 yards.
Congrats to the Bulldogs on the win and good luck the rest of the way.Looks like you will at least get a share of the Title in your second year. I think you will win it outright now.JMO

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Great win for athens. If the offense plays at 100% I think they beat nelsonville-york by 30.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The Athens defense and special teams won this game for sure. As stated earlier special teams accounted for a punt return for the first score and a punt block to set up the final score. The Dogs were bit by the turnover bug tonight with 4, but the defense was up to the challenge stopping the Rockets after turnovers on the first 3 Athens possessions of the second half. Great job Bulldogs get focused on N-Y, I'm guessing they will come with something to prove and play harder than ever.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

WAY TO GO BULLDOGS! 7 - 0! BRING ON THE BUCKEYES!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Great win for athens. If the offense plays at 100% I think they beat nelsonville-york by 30.

Take this from me N-Y won't let that happen. The Buckeyes had a rough night, but trust me in this they will be focused on nothing but us from tomorrow morning till 7:30 friday night.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

I had the following:

Wellston: 50 Rushing, 75 Passing = 125 Total offense

Athens: 105 Rushing, 109 Passing = 214 Total offense

Special Teams came up big for Athens again, giving the offense a short field to work with most of the night. Ian Dixon also had 2 punt returns for 60 yards, one being a 45 yard return for a TD.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I guessed 3 touchdowns, they won by 4. Wellston defense was very good. You cant go backwards in life but if the Rockets could, they would not be 2-5. Very good football team. They will beat Alexander - you heard it here first. :-D

Athens needs to get ready for a big time dog fight next week. Coach Boston will have the Buckeyes primed and ready. They will be fighting for a league championship share and a playoff shot.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Great win for athens. If the offense plays at 100% I think they beat nelsonville-york by 30.

Take this from me N-Y won't let that happen. The Buckeyes had a rough night, but trust me in this they will be focused on nothing but us from tomorrow morning till 7:30 friday night.

Athens is only getting better. Too much defense and speed. Nelsonville can only run the ball. Athens has the best run defense in the league. I for see a 30 point win for the dogs.

formerbulldog
Waterboy

Post by formerbulldog »

Did an Alex win over NY help Athens' playoff chances more than a NY win over Alex and an Athens win over NY would have?

Just wondering....???

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I should have never doubted the bulldogs you guys own the tvc ohio

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

DILLIGAF wrote:I should have never doubted the bulldogs you guys own the tvc ohio

We may get a leaue title or a share this year but as Orange and Brown is quick to point out we've played N-Y for as long as I can remember and they win more than they lose against us to say the least. One good year for us doesn't equal domination. Meigs, N-Y and others on our schedule have played us tough and beat us for years. I love the fact that we've apparenty turned the corner as a program but if we don't continue to work hard it'll still be N-Y's league in football.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

First let me say Athens was by far the better team in this contest.

Secondly as far as playofffs just beat everyone in your league. You end up with all the secondary points. It still may leave you short and there are some variables but if you beat them all it will be your best shot.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Good job Bulldogs!!! You guys are having one heck of a season!!!!

Can't wait until Friday!!!! :122245

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
A-Town Big Dog wrote:

Athens is only getting better. Too much defense and speed. Nelsonville can only run the ball. Athens has the best run defense in the league. I for see a 30 point win for the dogs.

look up the series history. nearly no matter what this is always a good game, no matter how good either team is. predicting a blowout between 2 very good teams seems like a bad idea, especially when you consider how hard these teams play each other

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

roll on buldogs

Return to “Football”