Can Jackson make the playoffs at 7-3

2old
All Conference

Can Jackson make the playoffs at 7-3

Post by 2old »

As I look at Jackson's remaining opponents I see problems ahead for the Ironmen. It is possible that this 6-0 team could lose 3 of the next 4 games.

Perhaps a numbers cruncher with a crsytal ball could opine and see what Jackson may be able to expect in week 11.

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Can Jackson make the playoffs at 7-3

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't done all the numbers, but I'm guessing that seven wins probably won't be enough.

Jackson is getting ready to begin a stretch of games that is about as tough as it gets in SEOAL play. They'll certainly have to bring their "A" game each week, but I don't think it would be wise to count them out. This group seems to always find a way to win...hope they can keep that goin.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I spent about 5 minutes of looking and I'd guess them at #10 if they go 7-3....but I think 8-2 will give them a #4 or #5

7-3 with a Logan win would seal us in.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good point. 7-3 with one of the wins being Logan, or maybe even Ironton or Zanesville, will probably get the Ironmen in. Previously, I was assuming that a 7-3 mark meant only a win over Chillicothe, but you never know how things will work out. Just to clarify, playing the Cavs on their senior night will not be easy, so by no means am I chalking that up as a victory. I just see that as a game that Jackson should win.

Maybe they'll just go 10-0 and not have to worry about it!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Drew Pasteur's take on Jackson's postseason odds:

Jackson 42% ( 6W-3% 7W-27% 8W-94% 9W-100% )

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Tobias and fuzzhead,

Thanks for the information. Looks like everyone is pretty much on the same page here. Like I said earlier though, I'm hoping that the Ironmen make this a non-issue and just win out.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

i appreciate your position, however the reamining schedule for Jackson is brutal and 3 out of 4 are on the road. My best advice would be to win the next two.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think Jackson could beat Zanesville, for sure.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Ironmen should finish no worse than 8 and 2

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

2old wrote:02,

i appreciate your position, however the reamining schedule for Jackson is brutal and 3 out of 4 are on the road. My best advice would be to win the next two.

You're right. The remaining schedule is VERY difficult, but I have to be optimistic. This year's Jackson team has made a living out of proving people wrong, and they've gained a lot of confidence in doing so. They have shown improvement throughout the season, and that trend will have to continue during the stretch run if they hope to accomplish their goals. Realistically, the Ironmen have a tall task in front of them, but I do believe they have the potential to get the job done.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Fuzz,

I agree Jackson could defeat Zville. and by week 10 Zville may not be playing for much. However Zville is more balanced than Ironton and could be more of a problem for Jackson. Jackson stopped Perry Wheeler on the ground(Ironton strength) and was unsuccessful in stopping a passing attack led by a soph qb. The speed of Zville will tough for Jackson also.

Ironton is 90% run so at least you know what you have to stop.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

One at a time.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

no, they have to go 8-2 to have a chance. No help from the teams they have beat. Have to win Friday for sure can lose to chilly and beat Zanesville and still get in I think. Tough Region for Jackson still allot of football yet to play. ONE AT A TIME :!: ;-)

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO JACKSON

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

those are 3 big games. there playoffs start now :mrgreen: good luck :arrow:

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Have not seen Z'ville play yet, don't think Jackson can hang with Logan or Ironton. I don't think Ironton has near the talent of Logan, but they are the most fundamentally sound team I have seen this year. That is probably the biggest reason for the success of coach Lutz.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

pappy1 wrote:Have not seen Z'ville play yet, don't think Jackson can hang with Logan or Ironton. I don't think Ironton has near the talent of Logan, but they are the most fundamentally sound team I have seen this year. That is probably the biggest reason for the success of coach Lutz.

This Ironton team wants to win more than any team i've seen. They definatly play hard!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

The Jackson Ironmen are 6-0. If they stumble that badly down the stretch to end up 7-3, they dont DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

HowardCosell wrote:The Jackson Ironmen are 6-0. If they stumble that badly down the stretch to end up 7-3, they dont DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I hope Jackson makes the playoffs. If they don't, it does not necessarily mean that they stumbled, it means their schedule had their most talented oponents in their last four games.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Good point Pappy. Well said.

Return to “Football”