DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

then what
Varsity

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by then what »

This game will be won by the best line. Pirates lineman have dominated every game. pirates win 21-7

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

alabama mike wrote:You do not get this far and not have talent. I think the crowd will be too big for Waverly to hold with a lot of people standing and the Pirates come out with the win.
I actually disagree here. River valley & Alexander were probably the 2 & 3 weaker teams in the region. You got by two teams with mediocre talent.

Ironton was way down this year & will be unless new coaching staff gets the boot or Coach Vass has a quick reflection of his past, present, & future, @ IHS. I think HE can do it. It's the people around him that need jolted.
No-1, or not many kids want to play & the community is fickle.
It's gut check time there.
They get back to the basics & elementary school practicing & by the time they are @ IHS, they'll be ok.
So, probably Ironton was 4th best in region.
Burg
ZT
Ridge
IHS.

WRESTLEFAN: stay on the mat.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:best athlete on the field tomorrow. there is no argument here.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4132823/pierce-mowery

that should really make them mad, Whiskey. lol
Lol he might want to stick with basketball! Burg has a few kids that are way more football talented than this kid! (Burk,howard,davis) that just a few. There are more and everyone will see tomorrow night!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

ok. I must say this weeks post from my Wheelersburg posters are over the top. We are pretty annoying. They are 12-0! Lets settle down now. Big difference in confidence and cocky. Lets act like we been there..........

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:o :o ...........I don't know any annoying burg fans! Lol

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Way to many out of line comments... especially when we are dealing with high school athletes and high school athletic programs. Honestly, I would be embarassed if I were many of you! Fortunately for these teams and programs, this is not a reflection of the quality of team or the classiness of the program. Making statements in good fun is one thing, but to publically bash high school student-athletes and their programs, on a public forum in which you remain anonymous, a whole new level of disgrace and immaturity! These are HIGH SCHOOL programs we are talking about... not life or death encounters!

"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals"

This quote is why I am sure that none of you have anything to do with the quality programs you are ATTEMPTING, very poorly might I add, to represent!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BudLytle wrote:Way to many out of line comments... especially when we are dealing with high school athletes and high school athletic programs. Honestly, I would be embarassed if I were many of you! Fortunately for these teams and programs, this is not a reflection of the quality of team or the classiness of the program. Making statements in good fun is one thing, but to publically bash high school student-athletes and their programs, on a public forum in which you remain anonymous, a whole new level of disgrace and immaturity! These are HIGH SCHOOL programs we are talking about... not life or death encounters!

"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals"

This quote is why I am sure that none of you have anything to do with the quality programs you are ATTEMPTING, very poorly might I add, to represent!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So it's down to the nitty gritty here. This is my honest opinion of this game. BG6 asked me what I really thought. So I will tell you what I told him.

At halftime we are going to see a 14-14 game. ZT will score on their opening drive. Burg's D will settle in. Burg will have 2 massive drives in the first half. Will probably chew up around 14-16 minutes and 2 scores. ZT will score on their last drive of the half, pulling tricks out to keep the game tied at half.

In the second half Burg will do much of the same except the scores will come just a little quicker and from farther down field. Burg's defense will stiffen and make adjustments and we will finish this game with a score of
Burg 35
ZT 14

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

I just do not see a close game. Zane Trace has their best lineman out for the year and the QB is banged up. I don't see them driving the football. They could score some on special teams.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

theburgtheword wrote:I just do not see a close game. Zane Trace has their best lineman out for the year and the QB is banged up. I don't see them driving the football. They could score some on special teams.
One of the smarter posts from a Burg fan. I agree with this. Their center cannot be replaced. He was a beast. I think it's really going to hurt them. And their QB situation is a little different. They essentially have 2. But they are different.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote:I hope ZT wins just to smack all these burg fans in the mouth...my lord....ive never heard so much "my team is awesome" "burg this, burg that" in my life! not saying this km6969696 feller isnt worse...but man you guys really love your high school team. do you guys ride the bus too? wear face paint and jerseys? GOOD LORD!

just bulletin board material for everyone...

i read the same stuff last week before the Alex/ ZT game...but i know you'll say the Burg isnt alex, the burg is like the pope, the burg turns water to wine, the burg is the greatest highschool in ohio ever....i have the burg logo tattooed on my calf...and my arm...."
Couldn't agree more. I poked the fire just to laugh at their ridiculous comments. I don't even have a dog in this fight. But i want the Burg to lose so bad just to read their comments lol.
liking or having pride in your school is one thing but i don't think i have ever seen a fan base of any sport be so obnoxious. No offense, but Wheelersburg must be pretty darn boring. I have never been there, i don't know. Think your team is going to win, whatever, but newsflash, the burg 2015 is not the second coming of Christ.
AND GOD SAID "LET THERE BE BURG"

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

P(irate) wrote: AND GOD SAID "LET THERE BE BURG"
And on the following day he said that "IS THE WORD"

And so from that day on it became and will forever be known as:

Burg is the Word

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dandy Don wrote:
P(irate) wrote: AND GOD SAID "LET THERE BE BURG"
And on the following day he said that "IS THE WORD"

And so from that day on it became and will forever be known as:

Burg is the Word
That's right Dandy.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blasphemy, not cool.

Burg will be ready, have been in every game. Should be a classic. Burg in the end wins.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:Blasphemy, not cool.
That is far from blasphemous.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:
theburgtheword wrote:I just do not see a close game. Zane Trace has their best lineman out for the year and the QB is banged up. I don't see them driving the football. They could score some on special teams.
One of the smarter posts from a Burg fan. I agree with this. Their center cannot be replaced. He was a beast. I think it's really going to hurt them. And their QB situation is a little different. They essentially have 2. But they are different.
Here we go already starting to wobble.....
If they fall this is the reason not because the other team was better.

GO Pirates

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

You are all sick puppies! Comparing the Burg to God and Jesus. I hope you lose by plenty. You should be ashamed. You are pathetic and yes I have rooted for the Burg for years as my kids graduated from there.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wow!! This isn't even worth trying to read anymore. I have never seen so much nonsense and drivel in my life.

Hope the weather holds out and it is a very well played and injury free game. Good luck to the Burg!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Just got my tickets! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:So it's down to the nitty gritty here. This is my honest opinion of this game. BG6 asked me what I really thought. So I will tell you what I told him.

At halftime we are going to see a 14-14 game. ZT will score on their opening drive. Burg's D will settle in. Burg will have 2 massive drives in the first half. Will probably chew up around 14-16 minutes and 2 scores. ZT will score on their last drive of the half, pulling tricks out to keep the game tied at half.

In the second half Burg will do much of the same except the scores will come just a little quicker and from farther down field. Burg's defense will stiffen and make adjustments and we will finish this game with a score of
Burg 35
ZT 14
hey man your following me and my heater LOL
42-14 OR 35-14

I just hope 1st half goes down different than you said cause I gotta survive burgfan.com LOL with a score of 14-14 that would be brutal on me

Return to “Football”