Can Jackson make the playoffs at 7-3

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Can Jackson make the playoffs at 7-3

Post by Baldeagle »

pappy1 wrote:
HowardCosell wrote:The Jackson Ironmen are 6-0. If they stumble that badly down the stretch to end up 7-3, they dont DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I hope Jackson makes the playoffs. If they don't, it does not necessarily mean that they stumbled, it means their schedule had their most talented oponents in their last four games.

It also means they didnt beat anybody any good.....

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

baldeagle wrote:
pappy1 wrote:
HowardCosell wrote:The Jackson Ironmen are 6-0. If they stumble that badly down the stretch to end up 7-3, they dont DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I hope Jackson makes the playoffs. If they don't, it does not necessarily mean that they stumbled, it means their schedule had their most talented oponents in their last four games.

To your standards maybe. Unfortunatly for Jackson they only have creampuffs and powerhouses on their schedule.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what bothers me , is how does a logan poster, start this thread, strap a undefeated team , like the jackson ironmen, with 3 losses. when they've yet to lose a game. i mean is that not mean spirited, and kinda absolutely really pointless, they have not lost a game. what the sam hill, is your point , 2old.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:what bothers me , is how does a logan poster, start this thread, strap a undefeated team , like the jackson ironmen, with 3 losses. when they've yet to lose a game. i mean is that not mean spirited, and kinda absolutely really pointless, they have not lost a game. what the sam hill, is your point , 2old.

I'll take this one.

Knowing 2old this is actually a legit and honest question. He has friends in Jackson and dont have any "beef" with any Jackson posters. This was/is a great question. I think Jackson has a chance to beat Zanesville but who cares what i think :lol: That puts Jackson at a 91% chance to get in. Go Ironmen.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

baldeagle wrote:
pappy1 wrote:

Yes I see your point Eagle. Compared to those Eastern wins Jackson hasn't beaten anyone any good. :roll:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

^^^ On a side note there Bald Eagle, didn't you put in for the Jackson job last year? Is that maybe why you are a little negative about who they have beaten? Just askin.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:^^^ On a side note there Bald Eagle, didn't you put in for the Jackson job last year? Is that maybe why you are a little negative about who they have beaten? Just askin.

Not me. I am just focussing on my career in baseball.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

LOL you posters are so smart. Now you can tell what I think and that i have ahidden agenda when i make a post.

Here is the bottom line. Now i will go slow because so many people on this forum can not keep up with me and it does get irritating.

1. i asked this question because Jackson needs a stronger opening foe to get more points and quit kicking the crap out of Wellston but getting very little for it. It is no secret I have long questioned the scheduling philosophy at Jackson.

2. Secondly as i look at their schedule even though they are undefeated, they will not be favored in three of their last four games. The exception being Chilly.

3. The players and fans need to know the playoffs start Friday for Jackson. They simply have to win

4. Of the three opponents who "should " beat Jackson in the final four games, Jackson matches up best with Ironton. This could be different if Zville has "nothing" no playoffs to play for in week 10.

5. i have seen all the teams in question play this year. Zville has a more divrse attack and will be more difficult for jackson to beat.

6.I want the Ironmen to win Friday.

7.Jackson will not defeat Logan.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

The following line from your last post (Now i will go slow because so many people on this forum can not keep up with me and it does get irritating.) makes me wonder if you are related to Rush Limbaugh.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Pappy,

Rush and i have alot in common. First we have both lived on KC. Second we are the same age. and most importantly we are both right 99.8% of the time. We also tell the truth which tends to really irritate people.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

2old wrote:Pappy,

Rush and i have alot in common. First we have both lived on KC. Second we are the same age. and most importantly we are both right 99.8% of the time. We also tell the truth which tends to really irritate people.

I agree with your characterization of Rush, however I don't know enough about you to put you in the same category. I do believe another similarity between the two of you is egotism.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

pappy,

i have picked the SEOAL champion correctly the last five years well before the first of August. i have picked Logan in Every league game for 4 years. I am correct 100% on those picks and that is good enough for me. Actually for those who have the ability to read and understand my posts are 99.8% correct. When it comes to this forum it does not take an ego. These posters are just way behind me in skills, so they whine. After all MSNBC whines about Rush.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Way to step out on a ledge and pick logan! WOW you are awesome. Anyway back to the kids and the reason behind this site.

A great game this evening jackson vs ironton can't wait even with the weather should be an epic game!! One jackson needs to make the playoffs!! 8-2 is the only way they get in unless some of the cincy schools have a hiccup.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Crazy,

you have to look over the complete body of work. During the time I have picked the Chiefs to win the league and EVERY league games there have been many predict otherwise. Some of those were from Gallia. Some from Chilly. and MANY from Ironton. Yes it is easy to pick Logan this year, although many picked Itown in that little skirmish. They were all wrong. I WAs RIGHT.

Yes it is easy after Logan has delivered the beat down on teams to say oh yeah Logan won. But I pick them well in advance. Not concerned with weather, officials, or injuries. The Chiefs will prevail in the SEOAL.

I have been 100% correct. Others not so much.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

kinda like pickin florida to win the ivy league aint it?

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

tl895 wrote:kinda like pickin florida to win the ivy league aint it?

Excellent observation and 100% correct. Using my LHS math, that is .2% better than 2old which makes you the winner!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

tl (pappy you would not understand)

How conveniently you forget. When ironton entered th league 4 years agon. All Ironton posters warned AllSEOAL posters that the league now belonged to Ironton. I boldly predicted the Tigers would be no challenge to the Chiefs. I was correct. You can ditto that for seasons two and three that Ironton was in the league but three years ago the league was in deep trouble because Lutz was back too. As history has shown old 2old is 100% correct and Ironton posters have nothing but misguided posts to look back on.

Let me make this clear. Ironton has not won a championship of any kind this century.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Let me make this clear (2old may not understand). Logan is the undisputed class of SEOAL football. There are other wrungs higher up the ladder. Bad mouthing Ironton, or any other program is on a wrung below. When are the chieftans going to quit standing on the same wrung and move up?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

tl895 wrote:kinda like pickin florida to win the ivy league aint it?

And that's Logan's fault how?

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Let's get back on topic of this thread. Jackson does have a tough remaining schedule, but I feel they have just a good of chance as anyone. Any one can win on any given night. Just hope luck comes the tigers way tonight, then good luck rest of schedule to all Ironmen.

Return to “Football”