Post by biggdowgg »

now its more like a Portsmouth/Ironton game talk,

talking smack about the game, and not arguing with one another

:lol: :lol: :lol:

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: Rival Portsmouth 5-2 @ Ironton 5-2

Post by F-4 Phantom »

True, but I can't believe they are predicting scoring over 68 and suggesting a running clock. That's pretty ballsy. I know my nephew's 7th grade team put up 56 on theirs but still........... 8) 8) 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

now that I think about it a continuous clock is very posible, be better of for our fans to stay home and save money for next weeks game :122246

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

TTT was the quarterback and RRR was the HB... :shock: :shock: :shock:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and YTB , was the water boy

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

and YTB , was the water boy

Dont drink the water!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

is there anywhere for us to set up close by the field :?:

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

We find Larger Trees to pee behind in Lawrence County, don't want to show the Package to everyone!!!! Of course TTT would have to hide behind a California Redwood (don't know for sure, just rumors from the Fort).

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:We find Larger Trees to pee behind in Lawrence County, don't want to show the Package to everyone!!!! Of course TTT would have to hide behind a California Redwood (don't know for sure, just rumors from the Fort).

you been peekin again........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you better get in bed before someone tells how old you are gonna be tomorrow............. :) :)

doggie, you get there early enuff and you should be able to set up in the church parking lot..........

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

That might be better off set up on the University lot.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Go Trojans!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Dating back to the Jackson game Portsmouth, has put together 14 quality quarters by the first unit. In the 2nd half the Trojans outscored Jackson 26-10, the first team beat Chillicothe 34-0, beat Gallia 34-21, and beat Warren 28-7. That puts the first unit averaging 30.5 points a game, while only allowing 9.5. My point is the Trojans are not the same team that lost to Wheelersburg in week 3. I know this will be the Trojans biggest test to date, and will require a great effort by the Trojans, but I’m not willing to write them off.
I look for the Trojans to be able to take advantage of some big special teams plays, and I think Josh Myers can throw a little on the Tigers, if he can get a little time. This will then open it up for Josh to run. On the defense the key to slow Ironton down is the same as it always is, and that is stopping the FB. Wetzel has ran well for Ironton, this year, and the Trojans have had problems stopping the run in the past, but have looked much better lately. I know we will not be able to shut down the Tigers run game entirely, but if we can win half of the critical times, and force the Tigers to punt to our dangerous returners, I think we can hang with the Tigers and see who gets the big play at the end.

The real key to this game for the Trojans, is how we start. If the Trojans come out swinging, and mark early, and get some early stops I think it is a dog fight all night, if we come out and try to wait and see what Ironton is going to do and get down a couple scores, we will struggle to get back in it.

I really think the Trojans have the athletes to compete, and even pull the upset if they come into the game with the right mind set.
Last edited by Trojan_FB_Alum on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Go Tigers Go!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

No matter what the records this is always a tough one for both teams. Its a rivarly game which brings the best out in both teams. I think Ironton should win this one by at least 10 points, but thats only if they hold on to the ball and catch the ball. I know the saying about if and buts, but anyway Ironton is a couple dropped passes away from being undefeated. Ironton is a very good team when they take care of the ball. The team that makes the least mistakes will win this game.

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

Rumor Mill Has It,The Trojans Will Be Without 3 Starters,Including The Q.B ? :?:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

TARTAN/TITAN wrote:Rumor Mill Has It,The Trojans Will Be Without 3 Starters,Including The Q.B ? :?:

If that is true then Portsmouth is in serious trouble. But, I haven't heard anything like that. Myers had the wind knocked out of him @ the end of the Warren game but he came back and finished the final plays. Hopefully someone can give some answers as to what is going on.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

GO TROJANS !!!!!!

The Man of Football
Waterboy

Post by The Man of Football »

Ironton -35

Portsmouth- 10

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YTB WAS THE WATER BOY , EH.

HAVE NOT BEEN ON IN A COUPLE A DAYS. BRING THAT BIG OLE GRILL. TELL ME IF YOU ARE, AND I'LL BRING SOME STUFF.

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

two guys that were working at the east end rumor mill by the river says they heard
all three backs for ironton plus the water boy and 2 members of the chain gang are all ineligible and out for this weeks game wonder if that true alsao

Return to “Football”