West history or stats

sider
All Conference

West history or stats

Post by sider »

I am compiling stats from years past for West, my ultimate goal is to create a web site for West football...I currently have all of the records from 1970 on up...and I know all of the playoff trips, and Soc championships, and most of the back of the year awards...I mostly need help on season statistics, school records...and things such as that...I should probably contact the school, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me out before I went to the school, because I'm not sure how well all of that is kept.

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: West history or stats

Post by NY BUCKS »

GO to the libary look at the microfilm.Hope this helps.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I have done this plenty of times, and I have gotten a good deal of information, its just that some years are harder to find than others, I didn't know if anyone out there had some season stats or anything I could piece together

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

West high school does not keep stats or record for no sports. Trust me I would have loved to known some of the golf records but there was never none to be found down there!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Thats a not suprise...even though we have 3 people at football games on the sidelines recording stats

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Yea I know. A few years back me and one of my buddies was looking for the assist record in a year for basketballl but we never found nothing!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

That don't suprise me about west they never have cared much about the kids or school spirit. West since I can remember has been like a detention center the administration has treated the kids like crap.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

I went there for 13 year. I always had some thoughts like that. But I don't know.
Last edited by Cameron34Crazie34 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

fanatic23 wrote:That don't suprise me about west they never have cared much about the kids or school spirit. West since I can remember has been like a detention center the administration has treated the kids like crap.

Have you ever thought for one second that the administration at West chooses not to celebrate individual achievement because it is their mission statement to promote "team". I know that may seem strange to some people who believe statistics are more important than wins. But, as you can see nobody remembers who ran for the most yards all-time if its not documented. But, everyone remembers SOC championship years, playoff appearances, and State Championship games at West. I went to school and played at West. I never felt like the administration didnt give a crap about me. I also didnt feel like I was attending a prison. In fact, I would say the only school who rivals West for most school pride would be Wheelersburg. Alumni of West bleed Orange and Black and are very prideful of their school and community and generally have been willing to fist fight over where they are from, right or wrong.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

I understand totally what you are saying but I do believe they should keep some records for individual achievments. People should be able to look back at a player that heard was good but didn't know nothing about and be able to look at his achievments to see what kind of player he was. And for another thing, our team won 3 S.O.C golf titles, i know some might not believe its a sports, but we won 3 titles and a sectional title and hardly ever got congratulated for our achievments by staff and students at the school. It didn't really bother me but ol well. All we ever got was a 5 minute speech gave to us at a board meeting.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

There have been stat keepers on the sidelines for as long as I can remember and yet no one knows where the stats are kept? I would say Ms.Patty uses them to start the bonfire, oh wait WE can't have those!
The bottom line is that until the "super" is GONE there will be nothing at West promoting sports because she doesn't care about them, just the money they generate!

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

fanatic23 wrote:That don't suprise me about west they never have cared much about the kids or school spirit. West since I can remember has been like a detention center the administration has treated the kids like crap.

well dont you West Siders think its time for a change of leadership? I say lets start @ the top with the double dipp'n superintendent. Lets all get out and vote in some fresh faces on the school board, then we'll see some changes. ;-)

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

West_Sider wrote:
Im gonna have to call you out West_Sider, are you one of many puppets working under the thumb of the double dipper? Your mission statement is a joke!! Ive had one child graduate from West and have many more in the system and I do beieve its a prison for the kids, watch out kids the fun police is watching with their arms crossed, eyes drawn down just waiting to pounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

buckeye83 wrote:
West_Sider wrote:
Im gonna have to call you out West_Sider, are you one of many puppets working under the thumb of the double dipper? Your mission statement is a joke!! Ive had one child graduate from West and have many more in the system and I do beieve its a prison for the kids, watch out kids the fun police is watching with their arms crossed, eyes drawn down just waiting to pounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya Buckeye there is one new face runnin this year that would help get that third vote they need for majority. I think the administration has a plan for the next superintendent and if he gets it watch out the school is in trouble.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

West_Sider wrote:

Have you ever thought for one second that the administration at West chooses not to celebrate individual achievement because it is their mission statement to promote "team". I know that may seem strange to some people who believe statistics are more important than wins. But, as you can see nobody remembers who ran for the most yards all-time if its not documented. But, everyone remembers SOC championship years, playoff appearances, and State Championship games at West. I went to school and played at West. I never felt like the administration didnt give a crap about me. I also didnt feel like I was attending a prison. In fact, I would say the only school who rivals West for most school pride would be Wheelersburg. Alumni of West bleed Orange and Black and are very prideful of their school and community and generally have been willing to fist fight over where they are from, right or wrong.

Why have honor rolls then that promotes individual achievement.If a kid works his or her tail off all thier life to be good at something then why shouldn't they be remembered for it.Then you have kids behind them pushing themselves to break records and then best of all you have a system.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

Very good post fanatic, Ive always said there is more to school than just grades and attendance. A wise man once said "dont let your teachings get in the way of your learnings"

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

buckeye83 wrote:

well dont you West Siders think its time for a change of leadership? I say lets start @ the top with the double dipp'n superintendent. Lets all get out and vote in some fresh faces on the school board, then we'll see some changes. ;-)

\

Fanatic23,

Brother, I'm 33 years old. No double dippin here. It just seems like everybody wants to complain and think their way is better but they dont have the education or the balls to do anything about it. Education and school, as well as athletics, are what each individual makes of it. You cant make someone do something they are not intrinsically motivated to do. Too many excuses made for kids these days because some parents believe that their child is a superstar! While we live in this American Idol generation where everybody believes they deserve their 15 minutes of fame is a joke. Parents blame teachers because their kids are not learning. The truth is Darwin had it right, it should be survival of the fittest, the strong should get their place at the table, not eveybody should get to play, and some people do not deserve the right to speak their mind because they are fools.

If you really cared you wouldn't be here posting on a message board! You would be doing something constructive.

So, if your going to make assumptions about me "double dipping" I believe I have the right to jump to conclusions about you. Seems like you might be one of those "fanatics" who barnstorm the Portsmouth City Council meetings pontificating about how you know better when all you really do is make it harder for the peoples work to be done. What is really happening is your beating your chest searching for your 15 minutes.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

fanatic23 wrote:
West_Sider wrote:

Why have honor rolls then that promotes individual achievement.If a kid works his or her tail off all thier life to be good at something then why shouldn't they be remembered for it.Then you have kids behind them pushing themselves to break records and then best of all you have a system.

I suppose you want names on the back of the jersey's too. :roll:

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

West_Sider wrote:
buckeye83 wrote:

\

Fanatic23,

Brother, I'm 33 years old. No double dippin here. It just seems like everybody wants to complain and think their way is better but they dont have the education or the balls to do anything about it. Education and school, as well as athletics, are what each individual makes of it. You cant make someone do something they are not intrinsically motivated to do. Too many excuses made for kids these days because some parents believe that their child is a superstar! While we live in this American Idol generation where everybody believes they deserve their 15 minutes of fame is a joke. Parents blame teachers because their kids are not learning. The truth is Darwin had it right, it should be survival of the fittest, the strong should get their place at the table, not eveybody should get to play, and some people do not deserve the right to speak their mind because they are fools.

If you really cared you wouldn't be here posting on a message board! You would be doing something constructive.

So, if your going to make assumptions about me "double dipping" I believe I have the right to jump to conclusions about you. Seems like you might be one of those "fanatics" who barnstorm the Portsmouth City Council meetings pontificating about how you know better when all you really do is make it harder for the peoples work to be done. What is really happening is your beating your chest searching for your 15 minutes.

West Sider,

Brother, I never once called you a double dipper read all the posts. All I was trying to do is express my opinion on keeping stats at our school.By the way pal I do constructive things like COACH and not just my kids teams.I totally agree with the survival of the fittest and the parents blaming everyone but the kids. I just think kids should get rewarded for hard work.Now go back and read the posts and see who called who what.

So now it's my turn to make an assuption about you since you jumped to a conclusion about me.Seems like you were a kid that never got much playing time and thought you were the best player on the team
Last edited by fanatic23 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

buckeye83 wrote:
West_Sider wrote:

I have to agree with you 100% on this post....

Return to “Football”