SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Since this game is being played on the turf at Valley, I have to go with the Indians. If the Minford receivers were able to get behind the West defenders on a muddy field, how is West going to be able to stop the speed of Valley on the turf?

I thought the field was in good shape, during the Minford game. I don't think footing had anything to do with it. I think the reason Minford was able to pass so well, was because the running game was working. West knew they had to stop #15, #20, #23, and #7's rushing game. And that opened the passing game up. Then when Minford started hitting the passes, the running game really came to life. The Minford coaches had West guessing all night.

And that is what I'm saying, can Valley run the ball well enough to open up the passing game. If they get to where they have got to pass, then I think West will turn their linebackers loose, and Valley's QB will be running for his life. Against Minford, West had to keep their linebackers back to watch the run, will they have to against Valley???

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

Pendleton runs for 200+ west by 12

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

west will rebound and take them injuns my opinion

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

roger gray will have a feild day if west winns he will be so happpppy

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The Oaf wrote:yep, try 4 games in a row to close out the 07 season!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only find 2 West losses to Valley in school history......'99 and '07

Northwest has a better overall record against West. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you looking up your information? Vallley has more than 2 wins against West in school history. If you need me to post them I will. Or, you can simply acknowledge that you are wrong and we can move on. Your choice. Its much more fun to read posts from folks who are at least attempting to be serious. I can't imagine what a sad existance a person must have that they create a fake username only to attempt to speak out of ends of their anatomy.

How about this: if you are right that Valley only has 2 wins in school history against West, I'll NEVER post again. If I am right, then you NEVER post again. Deal?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Jesco White wrote:

Where are you looking up your information? Vallley has more than 2 wins against West in school history. If you need me to post them I will. Or, you can simply acknowledge that you are wrong and we can move on. Your choice. Its much more fun to read posts from folks who are at least attempting to be serious. I can't imagine what a sad existance a person must have that they create a fake username only to attempt to speak out of ends of their anatomy.

That did'nt seem right to me either. 2 wins got to be more.
How about this: if you are right that Valley only has 2 wins in school history against West, I'll NEVER post again. If I am right, then you NEVER post again. Deal?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jesco White wrote:

Jesco...what a great post by you, very Valley-esque! :lol: Your last sentence is absolute folly. Fake username? I've been registered for 2 years. I'm gonna have to call you out on this.....go ahead and list ALL of Valley's wins against West. How many wins have you seen with your own eyes? You should just stick to being a manager. This should be good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

"stick to being a manager." What does that mean?

Valley's win over West in 1962's undefeated season eliminates you from ever posting again, but I'll find my records from the last 50 years and post them, including scores, if you would like.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jesco White wrote:"stick to being a manager." What does that mean?

Valley's win over West in 1962's undefeated season eliminates you from ever posting again, but I'll find my records from the last 50 years and post them, including scores, if you would like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OPPS! The Oaf Stands corrected! 3-35 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume you are/were a statistician/manager with your historical expertise on Valley Foosball. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those 3 wins in almost 50 years is complete domination! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Giddy up Valley!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Nope, never was a statistician. And, as usual, you have absolutely nothing factual to say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you apparently have no intention of taking me up on my bet, I'm sure you won't stop making comments while waiting for me to post the actual won-lost record.

I think anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 50 years is aware that West has the upper-hand in the overall series with Valley. But, that wasn't what your original post said was it? And, now, will you continue to change your posts one game at a time if I post them that way for you?

Also, you might be interested to know that my roots are almost as deep on the West Side as they are in Lucasville. You just never know who you are talking to sometimes. Hopefully you know what the old saying is about assuming? :lol: :lol:

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Jesco, good luck to you and your indians.

To me the only win that matters is the one this Friday nite.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

West Side Pride wrote:Jesco, good luck to you and your indians.

To me the only win that matters is the one this Friday nite.

I agree with you 100%.

Best of luck to both teams.

All silly jabs aside, I really look forward to what should be a fun contest to watch.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Old Oafy likes that smiley face icon alot, doesn't he? Good luck Indians!!!

I met Triplett up at the Waverly / Valley game. He talked to us for like 2 hours.. Absolutely hilarious!! Pretty darn funny guy.. I laughed as much as Oafy did at Jesco! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This game should another good Soc matchup, that have two teams fighting for playoffs, and a piece of the Soc...West last week got dominated up front...end of story...they didn't sustain blocks therefore letting Minford's quick defense to get 11 hats on the ball...keeping Pendleton to break the big play he has in every game...West's line looked utterly confused...Now Valley does stick to 5-3 and 5-3 eagle for the most part, they will put speedy lineman on the field and loop, slant, and blitz all night long...Minford used mulitple fronts...Valley's only loss of the year was to a big, strong, physical Coal Grove team...Valley's team speed gave Coal Grove problems, but in the end Coal Grove beat up on Valley at the end...Valley has very good skill positions, and will be hard to stop as far as passing goes, but if West can win up front, and force Utley to make decisions on the run, I think we stop their passing game...We will return some players that were sick that are vital to our success, so this should help us a lot more this week...there were a lot of players out of position last week...I think if West's line can sustain blocks for at least 3 seconds we can pop off 5-6 yards with our backs, who are quick and hit the hole very hard, can eventually break a big one...but, if Valley can confuse them and win the battle in the trenches, and take away the run it will a long night...we must establish the run, because Triplett will run until it works, and we have a very young quarterback...I think West will have an inspired week of practice and will be ready to work for this win, and ultimately toward a second consecutive playoff birth

And on a side note, if any West player reads this, I'm sure they will, all players do,do not be discouraged, because you lost one league game, and that you are not going to decide whether or not you win the Soc championship...league championships are not everything...I understand its what you dream about when you are a small pee wee player, but two consecutive playoff births is more important to our school, and reputation as a program state wide than two league trophies...think about it we have only been to the playoffs 5 times, and only once consectutively (01,02)...why? Because making the playoffs is not an easy thing to do, its hard to win 8 or 9 games a year...you can go 5-5 and still win league...And to seniors, why give up now? Your playing for the chance to keep on playing, and trust me you will miss when its gone, and to the underclassmen, what better way to gain experience and success that a trip to playoffs, it will get you prepared for next year, and give you chance to build your team and yourself as a player...So right now west should just gear down, prepare to win out and make a run in the playoffs...its very possible

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

If you're going to take shots at me Oafer, at least spell correctly..

"Chicken_opps"????? When you meant Chicken_oops...

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

should be a good one. i havent seen west, but have seen vally,and minford. those two look alot alike. im not sure minford is better than vally on the line or as a team. both of them played grove tuff and either game could have went either way. both games were down to the wire.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I think Valley will win this by two tds. :-D

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

roger gray and wnxt will be there rooting for west as usual

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

toadstool wrote:roger gray and wnxt will be there rooting for west as usual

No doubt....he always does. I'll watch this on on V-CAST...

Return to “Football”