SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

The Oaf
SEO

Re: SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Post by The Oaf »

Jesco White wrote:Nope, never was a statistician. And, as usual, you have absolutely nothing factual to say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you apparently have no intention of taking me up on my bet, I'm sure you won't stop making comments while waiting for me to post the actual won-lost record.

I think anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 50 years is aware that West has the upper-hand in the overall series with Valley. But, that wasn't what your original post said was it? And, now, will you continue to change your posts one game at a time if I post them that way for you?

Also, you might be interested to know that my roots are almost as deep on the West Side as they are in Lucasville. You just never know who you are talking to sometimes. Hopefully you know what the old saying is about assuming? :lol: :lol:

Nothing factual to say? You mean it's not a fact that you've never beat Burg? It's not a fact that you beat West in 99 and 07? It's not a fact that West's 48-0 sub-fest in 1990 didn't mark 25 straight games? Man, what has the prison done to the water table out there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like how you put it though, "west has the upper-hand in the overall series." Can you tell this old mouf breather the history of Crabtree Stadium? The first game in particular holds some interest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoot, You have revealed your West Side Roots and I know what you used to do back when! I have little doubt now as to who you are! Why the hell didn't you just say so brother? This would've been so much easier! I know it's been a very long time, but tell your Mother I said hello. :122249 You're right, you just never know who you are talking to!

Sorry Chicken_poop...didn't mean to leave you out. It's just that I've been listening to that new Pearl Jam record non-stop and it has dulled my wit this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you guys wanna see The Oaf Friday Night at the game, I'll be signing autographs under the scoreboard at halftime and leading West fans in the "Tomahawk Flop." I'll be the guy wearing the big yellow hip-waders and the t-shirt that says "3-35 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care everyone, I gotta go sight-in my bow now, then I'm off to thearpy! :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Oaf wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Nope, never was a statistician. And, as usual, you have absolutely nothing factual to say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you apparently have no intention of taking me up on my bet, I'm sure you won't stop making comments while waiting for me to post the actual won-lost record.

I think anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 50 years is aware that West has the upper-hand in the overall series with Valley. But, that wasn't what your original post said was it? And, now, will you continue to change your posts one game at a time if I post them that way for you?

Also, you might be interested to know that my roots are almost as deep on the West Side as they are in Lucasville. You just never know who you are talking to sometimes. Hopefully you know what the old saying is about assuming? :lol: :lol:

Nothing factual to say? You mean it's not a fact that you've never beat Burg? It's not a fact that you beat West in 99 and 07? It's not a fact that West's 48-0 sub-fest in 1990 didn't mark 25 straight games? Man, what has the prison done to the water table out there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like how you put it though, "west has the upper-hand in the overall series." Can you tell this old mouf breather the history of Crabtree Stadium? The first game in particular holds some interest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoot, You have revealed your West Side Roots and I know what you used to do back when! I have little doubt now as to who you are! Why the hell didn't you just say so brother? This would've been so much easier! I know it's been a very long time, but tell your Mother I said hello. :122249 You're right, you just never know who you are talking to!

Sorry Chicken_poop...didn't mean to leave you out. It's just that I've been listening to that new Pearl Jam record non-stop and it has dulled my wit this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you guys wanna see The Oaf Friday Night at the game, I'll be signing autographs under the scoreboard at halftime and leading West fans in the "Tomahawk Flop." I'll be the guy wearing the big yellow hip-waders and the t-shirt that says "3-35 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care everyone, I gotta go sight-in my bow now, then I'm off to thearpy! :lol:

Make that shirt say 4-35 :lol: :lol:

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

chicken_coop wrote:
No doubt....he always does. I'll watch this on on V-CAST...

Yep, we'll be there, but we had to get rid of the name V-Cast.. it's VSN now. Thought maybe Verizon would have a problem with it :)

VSN sounds better anyway, and fits what we are doing since we switched to video webcasts.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

A lot of talk about the past on here. Rain Friday. Who does it favor. We find out Friday which team is for real.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

No doubt Falconator.. This OAF guy is a moron. How about its 2009, so why dont we talk about this years teams rather than the glory days of the past.

I feel the weather wont be much of a problem, there will be no mud. If anything, playing at valley will benifit the greatest back ever from West. He wont have to worry about slipping and traction on his cuts if it is raining.

Valley played Minford down to the wire last year in the pouring rain and converted several big pass plays in that contest. If valley contains the run and makes west go on 14 and 15 play drives, eliminate the big run and make west try to pass. I say valley wins the contest by 2 or 3 scores. THis game is going to open some eyes and give Valley's athletes some credit. Holcomb is a standout on any team, very hard worker and great mental toughness, Yates is a threat every play he lines up out wide. Crabtree is stud middle linebacker, Bukiewicz can score from anywhere on the field, and Utley is a three year starter and probably leading the SOC II in passing yards and tds.

I have much respect for Coach Triplett for the success at Portsmouth west and the way he has changed the attitude over at West. You dont have to fight anymore after the game if you lose.. Just work harder in the weight room and on the field. He is truly a great role model for high school athletes, the way he treats his players and the time and effort he puts into his football program.

However, since OAF loves his stats. Last year was the 1st time Coach Triplett has ever beaten Valley and Coach Crabtree. So that record would be like 1-15. (River valley, Oak Hill, and Symmes Valley, West) Correct me if im wrong? Dont see the 2nd win coming this friday. Crabtree will find a way to load the box and beat the run.

Looking forward to Friday nights game. THis will be the first time i get to see the Indians in action this year. Gonna be a great game!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Triplett and West will win this one Jefro...8)...mark my words.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

They should have one easy in 07 as well. But that didnt happen. Either way gonna be a great game to watch!

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Based on what Mr Monro says, it sounds like Valley will win out on route to the state championship.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

A moron huh? That makes me "lol" It's the school, not the coach silly. To compare West with River Valley, Oak Hill, Symmes Valley is just plain, well, moronic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are the teams Valley plays when they go 9-1 and DON"T make the playoffs! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How sickening! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If valley contains the run and makes west go on 14 and 15 play drives, eliminate the big run and make west try to pass." ummm.....What???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"No doubt Falconator.. This OAF guy is a moron. How about its 2009, so why dont we talk about this years teams rather than the glory days of the past." :lol: :lol:
Since there are no glory days against West for you, spoken like a true Valley have-not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valley Walks!

You Valleyites are a lot of fun!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

How you figure Falconater?? Your mighty falcons were extremely lucky to escape lucasville with a W last year..

and the previous post... All i did was mention 5 young Quality Athletes that any coach would love to have on there team.

What? your not allowed to recognize players on teams anymore.. If that was the case West wouldnt have anything to talk about this year.

And im not afraid to recognize Mr. Oesh from Minford, because i did watch Minford Burg game and he played outstanding. Very Very impressed with his toughness and ability to make a big play out of nothing. Several times he found a way to get a first down. Would love to have him on my team. he is a player! as well as several other young men from minford! Defense is tough.

the trophy case
Waterboy

Post by the trophy case »

are you kidding me,

this game will be about as exciting as ben stein
giving role call in ferris bueller's day off.

bottom line:
west fashions a monotonous win over valley,
(unless, of course, triplett stokes a little fire this week in practice)

thanks for the secondary points injuns, :lol: .

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

falconater wrote:Based on what Mr Monro says, it sounds like Valley will win out on route to the state championship.

HAHA I can just hear Dennis Green screaming "Go ahead an crown'em!" :lol: :lol:

Coop-just got off the phone with the Shirt Stop. All I need to know brother is what color you want and what size? medium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, anyone know anything about sighting in cross bows? I'd hate to do my hunting again this year behind the steering wheel of my truck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Triplett enjoyed taking on schools with absolutely no weight room or wins...tough work most would not want to try. West is a different animal. Good Luck to West and take it to them injuns!
Last edited by black76 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:
falconater wrote:Based on what Mr Monro says, it sounds like Valley will win out on route to the state championship.

HAHA I can just hear Dennis Green screaming "Go ahead an crown'em!" :lol: :lol:

Coop-just got off the phone with the Shirt Stop. All I need to know brother is what color you want and what size? medium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, anyone know anything about sighting in cross bows? I'd hate to do my hunting again this year behind the steering wheel of my truck! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah but as long as you have full coverage insurance on your truck you can actually MAKE money hunting!

See I use a compound bow and it COSTS me money to hunt!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

lOafer,

Valley hasnt went 9-1 and not made the playoffs since it went to 8 teams. They finished 5th in a the region in either (92 or 94) when only 4 teams made the playoffs per region...

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

No wonder your face looks like that Oaf. All you ever do is laugh :lol:

I'd likes to get me a hit of that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't let the Oaf ruffle your feathers boys. Paladin does it to the Tigers too. And I think he's a pretty funny guy. And facts are facts; West and Burg have our number in the past, can't change that. But Friday, well, that might be a different story. We will see.........
\
Come on Injuns; play out of your oafs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Part of me is rooting for valley to win these next two games and hopefully Minford as well. I would love to see Minford and valley get to play each other for the outright SOC II Championship, playoff seeding, not to mention the good ole fashioned back yard rivalry aspect. But that's a few weeks away and both teams have a lot of football to play.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Whether or not Valley wins the next two games, the Minford-Valley game will be between two teams that do not like each other. Minford also has two more games and seems to be taking things one game at a time. I think they learned that lesson the hard way at Oak Hill. I think both West and Burg are on missions now to win out. Valley will have their hands full the next two weeks.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

pass the funyuns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I feel the same way about this game as I did the CG game... It will be a battle and it will be up to the Valley defense to come up with a big stop or a turnover because the Indian offense will move the ball even if it rains, because the turf really keeps the conditions neutralized. I'm looking forward to good ballgames the next 3 weeks for the Indians. They may not win them all, but the confrence and a playoff birth is within sight. I also love the disdain that is back between Minford and Valley now that the Falcons have been able to beat the Indians again. I love that week 10 game so much, and I get chills thinking of the intensity and the foul play that always seemed to take place. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Btw, there will be a tailgate party around 5:30 Friday night behind the tennis courts. Everyone is welcome

Return to “Football”