SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

The Oaf
SEO

Re: SOC2: Portsmouth West (5-2) @ Lucasville Valley (6-1)

Post by The Oaf »

I'll stop at the Pump-N-Munch and get some ham salad! BYOB?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

chicken_coop wrote:
theman wrote:west will win pretty easy.....west was missin one of there best defenders last week "Compton". he will be bak this week to have a big game

doesnt matter who they were missing.....if they cant stop the pass Valley will stay in the game.

yea it kind of does matter unless your an idiot and apparently u are....minfords passing is the best west will see this year...valley jus dont have the talent west, minford, and wheelersburg has....valley drops this game along with the next 2

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The Oaf wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Nope, never was a statistician. And, as usual, you have absolutely nothing factual to say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you apparently have no intention of taking me up on my bet, I'm sure you won't stop making comments while waiting for me to post the actual won-lost record.

I think anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 50 years is aware that West has the upper-hand in the overall series with Valley. But, that wasn't what your original post said was it? And, now, will you continue to change your posts one game at a time if I post them that way for you?

Also, you might be interested to know that my roots are almost as deep on the West Side as they are in Lucasville. You just never know who you are talking to sometimes. Hopefully you know what the old saying is about assuming? :lol: :lol:

Nothing factual to say? You mean it's not a fact that you've never beat Burg? It's not a fact that you beat West in 99 and 07? It's not a fact that West's 48-0 sub-fest in 1990 didn't mark 25 straight games? Man, what has the prison done to the water table out there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I like how you put it though, "west has the upper-hand in the overall series." Can you tell this old mouf breather the history of Crabtree Stadium? The first game in particular holds some interest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoot, You have revealed your West Side Roots and I know what you used to do back when! I have little doubt now as to who you are! Why the hell didn't you just say so brother? This would've been so much easier! I know it's been a very long time, but tell your Mother I said hello. :122249 You're right, you just never know who you are talking to!

Sorry Chicken_poop...didn't mean to leave you out. It's just that I've been listening to that new Pearl Jam record non-stop and it has dulled my wit this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you guys wanna see The Oaf Friday Night at the game, I'll be signing autographs under the scoreboard at halftime and leading West fans in the "Tomahawk Flop." I'll be the guy wearing the big yellow hip-waders and the t-shirt that says "3-35 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care everyone, I gotta go sight-in my bow now, then I'm off to thearpy! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit that, for the first time in a long time, I was looking forward to reading a person's posts on here. I really do appreciate that. I'll post all of those scores for you as soon as I find my records. I don't think 3-35 or 4-35 is right, but I'm sure it's not far off. I'll post it as soon as I round it up...I give you my word.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

yea it kind of does matter unless your an idiot and apparently u are....minfords passing is the best west will see this year...valley jus dont have the talent west, minford, and wheelersburg has....valley drops this game along with the next 2
chicken_coop wrote:
theman wrote:west will win pretty easy.....west was missin one of there best defenders last week "Compton". he will be bak this week to have a big game

doesnt matter who they were missing.....if they cant stop the pass Valley will stay in the game.

Wow! Calling people names and showing your lack of knowledge of the subject. There have been a handful of posters (CG fans among others) that have commented on this thread and they have a totally different opinion than your subjective view. Is Minford a better team than Valley? That remains to be seen, as it does with West and Burg... but the stats and many people that actually scout these games don't share your view of the Valley passing game, which is quite dangerous. Other teams may run the ball or play defense better, but I have yet to see or hear of any passing the ball better.

Now, Valley may lose these next 3 games but I wouldn't be shocked if they won 2 of 3 or all 3... After watching Burg, West, Minford, and Valley play I'm fairly confident that 3 outstanding ballgames are in store the next 3 weeks.

But your response to chicken_coop was both juvenile and disrespectful even in a forum where smack talk is welcome. Try using some quality information and better choice of words to your arguments, so you don't look like a 12 year old arguing with their sister. Or you could just use a bunch of smile icons like some people, so you look funny and AWESOME!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:I'll stop at the Pump-N-Munch and get some ham salad! BYOB?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will get some potatoe chip stix from the General Dollar on the way. I will also get some ice cold Teem pop.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

theman wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

um, ok...

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Cool Jesco, very much looking forward to your stats. Do you want a shirt like me and Coop? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bo, I'm curious.....why didn't you chastise jefro for his name calling as well? It goes 2 ways you see. Maybe you're head is still ringing from that satallite dish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget the deer jerky for the tailgate party too Red. I just can't wait until the post game "handshake" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:Cool Jesco, very much looking forward to your stats. Do you want a shirt like me and Coop? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bo, I'm curious.....why didn't you chastise jefro for his name calling as well? It goes 2 ways you see. Maybe you're head is still ringing from that satallite dish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget the deer jerky for the tailgate party too Red. I just can't wait until the post game "handshake" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats hilarious! I killed a good 10 point last Monday and I am picking the jerky, snack sticks, smoked tenderloins and smoked hams and summer sausage tomorrow! PICS are under the Racing HUNTING FISHING forum on this site! He is a dandy.

I shot a doe tonight but no blood trail withbthe rain so I have to go back and get her in the morning.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Hey OAF.....

Valley has a nice field but the lighting is terrible.

Do you want me to stop at Crazy Coo's and get a bunch of sparklers???? :razz: :roll: :razz:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Oaf,

I would love a new shirt. I'm just a little fella so, please make sure they have youth sizes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Man that's a nice deer! Valley coulda used that sucker at tailback this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about the sparklers, I'm bringing my spotlight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coop/Jes....just got off the phone with Juanita over at the shirt stop and she is fresh out of "little man" size in purple. Plenty of orange and black left so I told her to give me 2 more XXXL's like mine. We'll cut the sleeves out of'em and spit a little tabacker juice on them to take that "new" look away. Bring your tom-tom's!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Sounds good to me.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Oaf wrote:Man that's a nice deer! Valley coulda used that sucker at tailback this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about the sparklers, I'm bringing my spotlight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coop/Jes....just got off the phone with Juanita over at the shirt stop and she is fresh out of "little man" size in purple. Plenty of orange and black left so I told her to give me 2 more XXXL's like mine. We'll cut the sleeves out of'em and spit a little tabacker juice on them to take that "new" look away. Bring your tom-tom's!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oaface,

I wont be there this week...the ole military has other plans for me this weekend....but you can mail me my shirt and deer jerky.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Is that next-day-air or standard freight? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since jesco won't deliver on his promise to list ALL of Valley's wins, we had to go ahead with the original 3-35 design! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I'll bring one of my Gold Footballs to the tailgate party and "let ya touch it!"

They don't turn green like the division 1 trophy does, right Bleeding Red? hahhahaa

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

theman wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

I love me some Minford football, but WOW!!!!!!!!! I'm stunned to read that someone really believes Minford's passing game is the best West will see this year. Oesch and the boys do an excellent job of taking what the defense gives them and keeping people honest, but the Falcons' passing game is there just to keep the defense honest, at best. Thanks for the compliment, but thanks for the laugh more. 8)

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Incognito wrote:West posters are awfully quiet this week. Usually this thread would have 3 pages already

Happy now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like the Pearl Jam song "Do The Evolution" states, "Those ignorant Indians have nothing on me!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The Oaf wrote:Since jesco won't deliver on his promise to list ALL of Valley's wins, we had to go ahead with the original 3-35 design! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And here I thought we were finally playing nice. :lol:

Don't worry, I'll keep my promise, I always do. I'm remodeling my house and things are all over the place. I didn't spend as many days in the basement of the Portsmouth Public Library researching the history of SOC football not to post things people are interested in. And, for the record, my point that Valley has beaten West more than twice in school history has already been proven. I'm not posting the total history to show that Valley has won a bunch of games against West. I've already acknowledged that West has dominated the overall series. I'm posting the info because I promised that I would.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Also, maybe my son will let me wear his West hat to go with my new shirt that Oaf is hooking me up with. :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

hey Jesco, I've got the entire series from 1965 on up....That's why I didn't have the info from the 1962 game, and it ain't pretty if you're an Injun! :lol: :lol: Anything from 1964 on down I'd be interested in.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

The Oaf wrote:hey Jesco, I've got the entire series from 1965 on up....That's why I didn't have the info from the 1962 game, and it ain't pretty if you're an Injun! :lol: :lol: Anything from 1964 on down I'd be interested in.

Valley started football in 1958, and I've got everything from there on up. I've just got to find the box that's got all of that stuff in it. I know the Indians won the '62 game, but I'm not sure off the top of my head about the other years. There might be another win, or two, if any in those years.

Return to “Football”