OVC Fairland(5-2) @ South Point(1-6)

osumufan
SE

Re: OVC Fairland(5-2) @ South Point(1-6)

Post by osumufan »

TigerMack wrote:osumufan,

I really don't have a dog in this fight but as a die-hard Tiger fan who is made to go to some CG games :oops: , I can tell you that the CG team that showed up at the SP game is no where close to the team I have seen play two other games. I was there and I admit they weren't impressive against SP but I can tell you that was not the typical CG team I saw beat Lucasville Valley and lose only by 3 to a very good Minford team. Didn't Lucasville hang like 42 on SP? I do think CG is a really good team that needs to stay focused and not overlook any of their opponents. Another showing like last Friday could definitely cost them a chance at playoffs.

Now, back to the topic at hand: I think Fairland wins by a td. I hope to hear some updates as my Tigers take on them Trojans.

Yes I too was not impressed and if that is how they really play then goodbye OVC and goodbye playoffs. Maybe they wereplaying down to their competition. I hope they do make the playoffs but amd usually for the underdog and Fairland is due for an OVC championship so I would rather they win. Just my opinion.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Fairland wins Big... They have played in slop for the past 2 of 3 weeks. PLaying this week at SP they will be able to spread the field and show there speed.

Win out dragons and you are in the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! take one at a time though. Week ten will be worth all the hard work over the summer and season!!

*and would put a damper to FUZZHEADS great CG season... Sorry fuzz had to say it. Week ten should be fun to watch! winner plays on and loser gets ready for basketball.. Ohh wait basketball in fairland and weightlifting in the grove

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Wow dude you really hate me, don't you? What's your deal? :?

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

I dont hate you by any means... There were just several weeks all i read about on here was how good your Hornets were. I have roots deep in Lucasville and recently in Fairland. Both games however should be good ones this year. Maybe i can go 1-1 on the season with ya.. lol

Dont hate ya man.. just didnt understand on another post when u said look out for fairland in playoffs... they only way they get in is if they beat your CG and that means that CG is watching in week 11

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Jefro Monro wrote:I dont hate you by any means... There were just several weeks all i read about on here was how good your Hornets were. I have roots deep in Lucasville and recently in Fairland. Both games however should be good ones this year. Maybe i can go 1-1 on the season with ya.. lol

Dont hate ya man.. just didnt understand on another post when u said look out for fairland in playoffs... they only way they get in is if they beat your CG and that means that CG is watching in week 11

No. . . don't give me blanket statements. I want to know what I said to offend you so badly that you just had to come after me in two threads several hours apart.
Coal Grove is 6-1, btw. Their lone loss came against the current #1 team in 5:19 by 3 points.
Do you not think Fairland can beat Coal Grove? I may be a Hornet fan but I'm not blindly biased enough to assume that CG is just going to waltz into Week 10, trounce Fairland by 40 and march on into the playoffs. Now I'd like to see that, but it's probably not going to happen.

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Im not reffering to anybody when I say that every year for the past 2 years coal grove has been looking to win the OVC title outight and it has come down to the Fairland and Coal Grove game...people have thought coal grove was gonna play fairland and beat them handily but last season we beat them by 35 and the year before at coal grove by 19 so anybody who thinks fairland will not show up ready to play has another thing coming..they are out to get theirs this year and hopefully make the playoffs....anyway goodluck to both teams the rest of the year and hopefully it will be a great game to decide the OVC!!!!!!!!! I love football....back on topic,

Fairland 34

Soouth Point 14

fightintigerz
Waterboy

Post by fightintigerz »

Who cares! There hasn't been a decent team in the OVC since the late 80's and early 90's when Coal Grove had a couple of good teams. This league isn't worth watching.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

You know, you can bash the ovc all you want. It surely is one of the weakest conferences around. What I think is funny though, is , if you look at some of the Ironton teams of the past, a player from an ovc school, who transfered to Ironton, was one of, if not the best player on that team. The Lamb's, Miller's, Pembertons, and wasn't Snyder from South Point? I'm sure there is more.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

manwithplan wrote:You know, you can bash the ovc all you want. It surely is one of the weakest conferences around. What I think is funny though, is , if you look at some of the Ironton teams of the past, a player from an ovc school, who transfered to Ironton, was one of, if not the best player on that team. The Lamb's, Miller's, Pembertons, and wasn't Snyder from South Point? I'm sure there is more.

I'll give you even more; Wolfang Kratzenburg, Heath Brownstead, Billy Snyder Payne, Dion Brown, Robbie Webb... I could go on an on! As we used to call Ironton the Lawrence County All Stars! :razz:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Let me add to youre list,John Houck and Tony Williams from Fairland!Tony Williams was a Cincy kid but he did play for the Dragons for 1 year before going to Ironton!Houck was home grown though!

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

looks like its gonna be another wet one....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I wanna drop in on this one, but I can't make up my mind whether I want to go to it first and then head to Rock Hill, or whether I should go to Rock Hill first. :?

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

The dragons usually score most of there points in the first half n just run the clock in the second half.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Wont be attending this game Going to go across the river and watch capital @ spring valley

GO POINTERS

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

The Dragons get the W

Fairland 35
South Point 14

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 16
SP. 6

end of 1st

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 23
S.Point 12

half

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 42
SP 18

5 min left

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

42-24
final

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Turnovers killed the Pointers. Fairland does have a lot of speed and it was the difference tonight. The Dragons didn't stop the Pointers, the Pointers stopped the Pointers. S.P. pretty much drove up and down the field every time they had the ball. The bad thing though, is that they put the ball on the rug 3-4 times. Believe it or not, the game was closer than the score indicated.

Return to “Football”