7-0 Logan at 6-1 Warren

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Re: 7-0 Logan at 6-1 Warren

Post by bigbluedad »

I have to say that out of everyone on here posting 2old has my regards for holding off commenting on this game this week, it has been a long season for Coach as his father has been fighting hard against his cancer but it finally took him, I know what he has been going through watching someone you love slowly being taken away from you and the feeling that you are unable to do anyhting about it.
So to you 2old thank you from a Warren parent and we will talk about this game later this week.

redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

Logan has to much speed for Warren to handle. Logan wins this one big.
Chieftains on the warpath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floridabigdog
Waterboy

Post by floridabigdog »

Warren may not be as good as their record shows but they have made me and many other Warren fans extremely excited about football again. We "realistic " fans understood this was going to be another year(step) towards the rebirth of Warrior football. We are ecstatic over the results thus far and now look forward to Friday nite games. We may not win another game vs. Logan, Chilli, or even Ironton, but one thing is for sure these boys and coaches have taken a huge step towards regaining a status as being a good football program. One other thing, Warren may not be as good as their record indicates, but if you happen to beat them, you'll have to fight tooth and nail for that win for all four quarters. And to me that sounds like Warren is progressing just right.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

for a second i thought i was the only one that thought that.
If we are as good as we think we are, we better win by a lot more than 14 or 20(i can understand the starters might be out at half) Logan will be up 30's to 0 at half, possibly 40.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Let me use an anology for the 50+ points guys. There are many high-end production cars sold in the US that can go 200+ mph. However, they have limiters installed to prevent that kind of performance. Coach Amyx is that limiter for the Chieftains. :lol:

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

How has Logan preformed in the rain? Also if its a muddy field it might take away some of Logan's speed which would be great for warren

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

No matter what the conditions are, Logans D will get them the win!!! Rain, snow, sleet, Hail, fire.........you get the point!!! :122245

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is a game that will show Warren they still have a long ways to go. Logan wins big.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

This is a "yardstick" game for Warren. They will get to measure themselves against one of the top D2 teams in the state. This is the first time in a long, long, long (you get the idea) time that Warren has the potential to play a competitive game against Logan. If Warren plays to their potential and plays mistake free, they can make it interesting. Can they win? Well, it would be a HUGE upset, but this is a team that could do it. I honestly could not have said that the last few years. I'm not predicting an upset, but I am saying it could be competitive enough to be fun.

It's been interesting to observe this team and it's following this year. At the beginning of the season everyone knew Warren's schedule and, based on last season and the general progress of the program, felt like this would be another 3-4 win season. Very, very few folks gave Warren a chance to have a 5 win season. However, Warren won it's first 6 games and everyone was excited and a bit surprised. They have now been beaten one time by a solid Portsmouth team on a night when the Warriors traveled 3 hours on a school bus (Warren has to figure out a way to get better transportation for these super long trips), were told at half-time that the head coach's father had died (I'm not sure what the heck that does to a team), and turned the ball over 4 times inside the Portsmouth 30 yard line (two of the turnovers were fumbles on first down plays on about the 20 yard line). These are not excuses. Portsmouth won fair and square. But, it was one of "those nights." Warren absolutely did not perform to its potential and lost. It happens. Congrats to Portsmouth.

However, one loss does not indicate that this is not a solid team. One loss does not predict that Warren is going to roll-over and lose every game for the rest of the season. This is a good team, and I'm excited to watch the last three HOME games. Warren has some more winning to do.

BTW, Parkersburg South did beat Parkersburg High (and Wasonga). I think they won by about 3 TDs. South held Wasonga to under 200 yards rushing for the first time this season.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Just drove by Warrior Field and noticed the sprinkler system running full blast. Was told they would run through the end of next Friday's game.

defender08
Waterboy

Post by defender08 »

The Patriots held Big Reds big playmaker Allan Wasonga to 194 yards, about 40 yards below his average.
Hunter Ferguson ran for 147 yards a a pair of scores..south wins 35-14
warrnwarriorfan wrote:This is a "yardstick" game for Warren. They will get to measure themselves against one of the top D2 teams in the state. This is the first time in a long, long, long (you get the idea) time that Warren has the potential to play a competitive game against Logan. If Warren plays to their potential and plays mistake free, they can make it interesting. Can they win? Well, it would be a HUGE upset, but this is a team that could do it. I honestly could not have said that the last few years. I'm not predicting an upset, but I am saying it could be competitive enough to be fun.

BTW, Parkersburg South did beat Parkersburg High (and Wasonga). I think they won by about 3 TDs. South held Wasonga to under 200 yards rushing for the first time this season.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Let the sprinklers roll. The Chiefs have had large victories in places with high grass (Ironton, Lancaster), and have practiced in grass with wet conditions now for a couple of weeks. Something they hadn't done before the other games. Seems better for Logan if the Warriors hope to have a pass rush in the mud. The receivers will get open either way. That's just my 2 cents.
Go Chiefs!!!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I don't know what Johnny Quest was seeing. But I made a drive by, actually walked down to the field. Anyone want to guess what I found??????, or did not find? A very damp field from the rain last week, but no sprinklers. Lets not stir the pot shall we. We all know Logan and what they are capable of and what they have done over the last several years. Let the players play the game, win or lose, and be proud of what they have accomplished. Six, count them six, yes I said six wins in a season where most wrote off the possability of six wins. So I say go out play your best, whatever happens.
Last edited by Auburntgrfan on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

Orange and Brown wrote:No matter what the conditions are, Logans D will get them the win!!! Rain, snow, sleet, Hail, fire.........you get the point!!! :122245

fire? i would like to see that game :lol:

logan should win this warrens improved a lot but i dont think they have what it takes to beat logan, theyre just too good

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

warren in a shut out to LOGAN.. their lucky unbeaten streak was spoiled against ptown... and their quality of oppenents showed in that loss...

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

defender08 wrote:Yea, if someone's gonna have the game it would be 100.9 fm...1490 am I believe

1490 AM is currently scheduled to air Zanesville @ Marietta
100.9 FM is currently scheduled to air Fort Frye @ Caldwell

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Prayers from Stark County!

On to the game...I think Logan wins this one big..by at least 21..but..I can also see Warren keeping it close. Playing for the coach and all that..sometimes all a team needs is a little inspiration. But either way..in the end..I see the Chiefs coming out on top.

WarriorMom
Waterboy

Post by WarriorMom »

I just want to say all our thoughts and prayers are with Coach Pifer and his family.

I think all the players are glad to be home for rest of the year. The one thing Warren has done for the last two years is play their best games at home, and trust me playing Logan you will need your best game. I agree with 7072 there is no reason to stir the pot on this game. Everyone knows Logan is a great D2 team with excellent talent. Plus I doubt that the field is to muddy Friday considering the high temp is suppose to be 49 degrees. Low’s is 35 with a chance of snow showers late. Wow did I just say snow? That is what the weather forecast is saying today at least. That fire game is starting to sound better about now.

Anyways, I know Warren has it in them to play a tough game. It will be interesting to see how they pick themselves up and react to last week’s loss. If they can play a mistake free game, they can make this interesting. Never count them out, they believe in themselves and we believe in them. Let’s show our team how much We Believe in them. So all the Warrior fans get your cold gear out and let's see you at the game.
Last edited by WarriorMom on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Logn in this one. Warren is having a great season though. Good luck!

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

All our thoughts and prayers go out to coach Pifer and his family on the loss of his dad, we only have one dad and Jim will miss him deeply good luck warren as you continue with the season from Portsmouth we say prayers and good thoughts to coach and his family

Return to “Football”