Alexander @ Meigs

05buckeye
JV Team

Re: Alexander @ Meigs

Post by 05buckeye »

congrats to the marauders from this buckeye.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Congrats on the win Meigs. Also, thanks for making one less team NY will have to share the league championship with, provided NY beats VC! :122245

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well good luck winning that first TVC-Ohio title next year!!!
Last edited by Orange and Brown on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelmetSplitter
Waterboy

Post by HelmetSplitter »

First off I would like to say congrats to Meigs. They played a very hard fought game and that game could have gone either way. Alex you guys came out very flat the first half and stuggled tackling all game. When you have the lead and 3rd and 20 and give up a first down your in trouble. Good Job Meigs, the QB had a great arm! As for the no call.... It was horrible! The kid tackled the Alex player before the ball was 5 yards from him. The official act like he wanted to reach for the flag but just held it. If he throws the flag the spartans have it at Meigs 25 or so. Doesn't mean Alex would have score with 1:15 left. Would have made for a hell of a finish! Hate for a no call to end your chances but a playoff team wouldn't of put themselfs in that situation. Don't hang your heads Spartans. Your 6-2 with 2 home games left. You weren't expected to compete and you had a say in the TVC Ohio. Hang in their and bounce back next week against Vinton. That game could be a little tougher than you think! Congrats to Meigs again. One of the toughest schedules around and you guys have battled all year, finially coming out on top.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Congrats to Meigs on the win--you came back in the 4th quarter to win the last home game of the season. Good luck the rest of the way and make it 5-5 on the year.

Alexander Spartans, learn from the loss. You need to play all 4 quarters. I realize that there was a questionable call on the last drive, but it should not have come down to that. This loss will hurt, but you still have a shot at 8-2, which NO ONE on the street or behind the barn would have believed just a few years ago. You have nothing to be ashamed of--you just didn't play well enough to win tonight. Play the rest of the season strong at home.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great win Meigs!
Coal Grove appreciates the 2nd-level points!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

fuzzhead wrote:Great win Meigs!
Coal Grove appreciates the 2nd-level points!

As does Nelsonville-York!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

We all appreciate Meigs! :lol:

Dangerous, dangerous offense!

They should finish up at a respectable 5-5!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Great win boys. Also, great job by the Spartans. It is a shame that controversy had to appear at the end of this one.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dundas wrote:I hope everyone is healthy and ready to go Friday night..if thats the case i think Meigs can play with Alex...could go either way. Id say this one will come down to the wire. Ill give the edge to Meigs only because its @ Meigs.

Meigs-35 Alex-34.

Not too shabby, almost had it right! ...sounded like a good game... Congrats Meigs.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i did not see any reason to complain about the refs. they called holding a few times but otherwise did not do much in the way of getting in the way. as forc the game, alex came out flat at the start and that probably cost them the game. meigs was ahead 14-0 before they drew a breath. alex did a great job of keying on jeremy but forgot everyone else. meigs only had about 1/2 the team. the flu kept alot of kids home and few who where there down.if meigs would have been full strenth, no contest.this is the meigs team we thought we would see.

WISHIDID
Waterboy

Post by WISHIDID »

Absolutely the worst no call I've ever saw. Ray CHarles or Stevie Wonder could have saw it. Like Helmetsplitter said, the Meigs defender had him on the ground before it was was within several yards. Happened right in front of me. That official should be ashamed. And yes I am a Meigs supporter and Alumni, so for one of our own to complain about a call that was not made against us is saying alot. Its a shame that this entertaining/good game will be remembered by a call that the official failed tom make.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

the thing is was the ball catchable? it was on the other side of the field from me but it looked not even close to being a catch. won't argue but if the refs missed 1 call they probably missed some. you take it if the calls go both ways and it seemed to me they were not a factor in the outcome.

HelmetSplitter
Waterboy

Post by HelmetSplitter »

I think the flu effected every team. If your throwing players sick out there how about Alex starting DE and OL who is a beast getting hurt the first series and being done for the game. You can't say it wouldn't of been a contest. That's the Meigs Fan coming out of you. Honestly, not catchable? It's hard to admit a ref blew a call at the end that had an impact especially when it's the other team. :roll:

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

Fasteach: Im a die hard marauder and that was a bad call, yes i think the refs missed some other calls to, but that was right in front of the ref and yes the ball was catchable. That was a good game, I think both teams played there hearts out. All i can say is lets win the next two to finish on a winning note and start wrestling.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Even if it was not catchable, that rule only applies in the NFL. The QB could throw the ball into the stands toward the band and if a defender hits the receiver on the field before the ball lands in the tuba section it is still pass interference in high school.

I can't tell you the number of times I have heard fans shouting, "the ball wasn't catchable," this year in high school games. High school rules are different than Sunday afternoon rules.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

as i said i wasn't near the play but again you can't complain about just 1 call. if that 1 call cost the game then... but overall the game was equally called they missed calls on both sides i would say. as for the alex kid hurt i hope it's not serious but it looked like a knee injury. maybe if he plays alex wins i don't know. you can't take away meigs' win on a less than 40 seconds in the game, down by 6, 4th down bad call. i am suprised meigs fans would pee all over the efforts of the kids on possibly 1 bad call? don't take away from alex's effort by blaming the refs. they played i heck of a good game. they are without a dout the best team alex has had in memory. they held their heads up the whole game and walked off the field like true sportsmen. when i read the comments from last weeks game i was convinced that the players and parents would be screaming. that part was NOT evident. they could have quit after meigs went up 14 but they came back and took the lead.
diamond that rule is in the pro's because guys like randy moss can catch almost anything. in college and high school the rule is a judgement call by the refs as to whether the pass is actually to anybody aqnd if it is not ..

btw yes i am a meigs fan if you haven't figured that out then i was not clear enough. i thought the helmet gave it away sorry.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

fasteach wrote:diamond that rule is in the pro's because guys like randy moss can catch almost anything. in college and high school the rule is a judgement call by the refs as to whether the pass is actually to anybody aqnd if it is not ..

According to your logic the rules should be the other way around. If Moss and the pro receivers can catch anything then there is no "uncatchable" ball.

You are wrong about the official's judgment. There is no "uncatchable/catchable" judgment by officials in high school.

Here's the difference between Jr. High/High School from College/Pro: In Jr High/High School, if the pass has been thrown beyond the line of scrimmage, contact that impedes or hinders an opponent in such a manner that an advantage was gained, it is pass interference, whether catchable or not. Pass does not have to be ruled catchable. That has no bearing on the call.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

By the way, I wasn't there, didn't see the call, and have no feelings one way or the other. I was just catching up on game scores and felt compelled to offer clarity on this oft misunderstood call/no call.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

but you see how a ref looks at it then. if the ball is thrown in such a way it is uncatchable then no advantage is gained and hence no penalty. it is a slim line but what i meant referencing the pro's is that guy like moss can jump 3+ feet and run like deer so a ball really has to far away for it to be "uncatchable". the same can not be said for a high schooler. which is probably what the refs decided or even that since the game was almost over they give it a WTH. again i was on the meigs side at the north end and the play was alex side sorta middle of the field. did the refs miss it? i have to take your word for it. did it cost alex the game? don't think so. this was a really error free game which is a compliment to both teams 1 int by alex and maybe 1 fumble(?). great game and not just because meigs won. alex players don't hang your heads and don't blame anyone. you did great and you have had a GREAT YEAR. if i could trade meigs' year with you believe me i would. win next week.

Return to “Football”