Region 19 Playoff Chances after Week 7

Jesco White
S

Re: Region 19 Playoff Chances after Week 7

Post by Jesco White »

fuzzhead wrote:I'd like to see Valley win both games. I'm sold on them. I think they're a legitimate playoff-worthy team. I know they have the talent to beat either team.

I think you are right. Unfortunately, that's what has been so frustrating over the years as a Valley fan when it comes to Wheelersburg. Now, obviously, there have been games where Wheelersburg was just flat out better, but there have also been games where Valley just absolutely checked out mentally and seemingly got beat before they ever even laced em up. Some of the mental breakdowns have been unbelievable. And, as we all know, you just can't do that against excellent football teams.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Fuzz is still bitter and wants to see Minford get beat

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

MuletownManiac wrote:Fuzz is still bitter and wants to see Minford get beat

No. . . I just know that Valley almost beat pretty much the same Minford team last year, losing 10-7. Valley is much improved from last year.
I also know that this is the best Valley team there's been since at least the year they made the move into the SOCII.

Not that I need to explain myself to the likes of you, of course. :roll:

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Pretty much the same team??? I dont think the same team beat Burg, and West last year... and they did beat your Hornets (@ Home.) You know its real funny Fuzz you and I were on good terms til we beat CG this year, since then you've been on a Minford bashing/Valley Bandwagon posting streak ever since, what gives?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Nothing gives. You're just being dillusional I guess, because I have NOTHING against Minford's team - NOTHING. I was sold on Valley after I saw them give my Hornets (@ home) absolutely all they wanted. The game could have gone either way, just like the Minford game. Just because I give Valley credit for being a good team doesn't mean I have some kind of deep-seated grudge against Minford.
I don't do as well as I do on the pick 'em contest by holding grudges and picking games based on my supposed biases. 8) :roll:

Dbzshibainu
Varsity

Post by Dbzshibainu »

New Rankings according to joe eitel

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2009region_19.html

Oak Hill moves up to 2nd place, Coal Grove stays in 7th

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

fuzz;

Minford fans love to hate....as a fanbase, we're extremely happy the way our Indians have played thus far. We all said before the season that we're a year away from being really good, so to be 7-1 is good. And I think we WILL compete in our last 2 games, down last night 17-7 in the 4th those kids could of folded, and they didnt.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

chicken_coop wrote:fuzz;

Minford fans love to hate....as a fanbase, we're extremely happy the way our Indians have played thus far. We all said before the season that we're a year away from being really good, so to be 7-1 is good. And I think we WILL compete in our last 2 games, down last night 17-7 in the 4th those kids could of folded, and they didnt.

Coop, I don't think it's all Minford fans. I've met some very classy Falcon fans in the last few years and most of them seem to know how to handle success. However, double "M" has two problems: he's got an ego and he's ignorant of the topics being discussed. That combination is deadly.
I, too, think Valley will come to play ball in the coming weeks.

Now personally, I don't see how Oak Hill can beat a DVI team and move up that far that fast when everyone ahead of them wins except for Caldwell, and Nelsonville-York beats an undefeated DII team. :?

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

How did OH make such a giant leap? I assume they wont be staying there.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

fuzzhead wrote:
Now personally, I don't see how Oak Hill can beat a DVI team and move up that far that fast when everyone ahead of them wins except for Caldwell, and Nelsonville-York beats an undefeated DII team. :?

Oak Hill picked up 42 second level points last night. That seems like a lot (well actually it is a lot) but when you factor in that 5 of the teams they have beaten won last night, plus all the points from Symmes Valley, they picked up a boat load of points. I suspect they will drop back to the 5-7 range over the next 2 weeks as they are playing two teams with losing records. Conversely, 3 of the teams Minford beat won last night and we did not pick up many second level points for beating Northwest.

I am a little surprised at the Valley-West score but it sounds like the intensity dropped off in the last 5 minutes for one team and picked up tremendously for the other. I caught the tail end of the WNXT broadcast and they were remarking about the tremendous changes of momentum throughout the game. I say this to re-inforce what many have said all year and that is the SOC and Div V Region 19 are both extremely competitive this year and there is a lot of parity. The next two weeks have HUGE playoff and SOC implications for 3 to 4 teams.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford fans dont love to hate....we like watching you guys enjoy a tall glass of hatorade.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Oh and Fuzz as for your pick em scores....its pretty easy to do when you edit them 50 times after everybody else has picked or info from other sites.

Call me egotistical or ignorant....but the way I see it youve ate way more crow and foot sandwiches than anyone on here this year :122246 :122246 ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

MuletownManiac wrote:Oh and Fuzz as for your pick em scores....its pretty easy to do when you edit them 50 times after everybody else has picked or info from other sites.

Call me egotistical or ignorant....but the way I see it youve ate way more crow and foot sandwiches than anyone on here this year :122246 :122246 ;-)

When have I eaten crow on here this year? :lol:

So. . . I shouldn't do research for my picks? Well then I'd be like you - just blindly biased with no real clue what I was talking about. :?

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Man speaking of crow, does any one have some a1 sauce? The Indians gave me a small order of crow last night. I didn't even expect them to be top 3 in the soc let alone be a contender for soc champs :oops:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I will admit that Nelsonville York shocked me last night, so give me a wing or a leg of crow. . . but everyone picked Athens so don't give me more than I can chew! :lol:
Valley has done well this year; I just can't see them winning both of their remaining games, especially at the Burg and the Pasture.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Is your avatar constepated????? Give him some ex-lax and get over your Hornets..they may dominate the OVC but have nothing on the SOC (and dont give me Valley) their like a red headed step child.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

fuzzhead wrote:
MuletownManiac wrote:Oh and Fuzz as for your pick em scores....its pretty easy to do when you edit them 50 times after everybody else has picked or info from other sites.

So. . . I shouldn't do research for my picks? Well then I'd be like you - just blindly biased with no real clue what I was talking about. :?

I can tell you one time...that was when MY FALCONS rolled into the sprawling metropolis of Coal Grove and stuck the dagger into the heart of your beloved Hornets.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

fuzzhead wrote:I will admit that Nelsonville York shocked me last night, so give me a wing or a leg of crow. . . but everyone picked Athens so don't give me more than I can chew! :lol:
Valley has done well this year; I just can't see them winning both of their remaining games, especially at the Burg and the Pasture.

II Peter 1:5-7

"But also. . . giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, to brotherly kindness love.

FUZZ ...quit being hipocritical.....if you preach it brother live it....doesnt sound like HS Football smack talk is your Forte`....Lets GO BIG RED!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

MuletownManiac wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:

I can tell you one time...that was when MY FALCONS rolled into the sprawling metropolis of Coal Grove and stuck the dagger into the heart of your beloved Hornets.

A dagger? Did we watch the same game, you act like Minford beat us by 50, you won a very close game that could have gone anyway, so to sit their and make it sound like Minford is the best team in southern ohio is a little much, you barely beat the Grove, you barely beat the Burg, so there are two games that could have gone either way, if you want to be considered one of the best teams in southern ohio then I would have to tell Minford to grow a pair like the Burg and try to play Ironton, if Minford would do that and beat them then we will talk about best team in southern ohio until then, just take the fact that Minford has made some huge withdrawals from the luck bank and pray you have enough in there come playoff time.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Coming back from a 20-6 deficit is luck? Holding a Burg team that was putting up points left and right to just two td's is luck? Come on now give credit where credit is due.

Return to “Football”