Gridiron Glory Player of the Year

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Re: Gridiron Glory Player of the Year

Post by Philos_Finest »

LoganLocos wrote:Hey Chain gang - if the MVL is so tough why wouldn't they ever let Zanesville in the league?

Seems to me the SEOAL wasn't afraid of the challenge.

Because the MVL doesn't want a school the size of Zanesville. Heck, the MVL doesn't even want another team. It has nothing to do with being "tough".

Chain Gain, why don't you calm down. The SEOAL is just as good as the MVL from year to year. Some years the MVL will get the upper hand & some years the SEOAL will.

GG shows a lot of MVL games because when they come up here they do the show from the Ohio University-Zanesville campus.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Player of the year????????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Philos_Finest wrote:Because the MVL doesn't want a school the size of Zanesville. Heck, the MVL doesn't even want another team. It has nothing to do with being "tough".

Chain Gain, why don't you calm down. The SEOAL is just as good as the MVL from year to year. Some years the MVL will get the upper hand & some years the SEOAL will.

GG shows a lot of MVL games because when they come up here they do the show from the Ohio University-Zanesville campus.

Great post.

Chain_Gang
Waterboy

Post by Chain_Gang »

in my last post i said they were both great leagues did i not?

Pretty sure i said the SEOAL is top heavy with Logan jackson ironton portsmouth and warren.
With the MVL it is jam packed in the middle with TV and West M at the top

Philos finest I think you need to calm down lol.

anyway I think it should be Cameron from Tri-valley did you see what he did last week. Offensive TD's and Defensive TD's against a pretty good Sheridan team.

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

Philos_Finest wrote:Clay Cameron did a lot Friday night to cement himself as a sure fire top 3 for this award.

3 rushing touchdowns, 1 passing touchdown & scored on a interception.

8-13 for 135 yards passing

20 carries for 204 yards.

Oh, did I mention this was all against Sheridan?

wow, nice!! like i said i put this kid in for my vote

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

FrozenRope9 wrote:I have not read any of the other posts, only the title of this thread and I will say with great confidence that the winner will either be Wasonga or Cameron, or possibly even a tie. I say this because it is quite obvious that GG favors the MVL and Parkersburg over any of the schools that are closest to their campus. The highlights week in and week out are lopsided in favor of the MVL and the West Virginia Schools. Sorry to say but I don't think Angle or any other players from the SEOAL or TVC have a chance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny because angle won it last year????????? :lol: :lol:

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

I will have to say Clay friday night was a great preformance but I dont think that was a Great Sheridan team there defense was very poor tacklers that is not like Sheridan of the past. Saying all that I still say PA should win the award.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Will Angle turn out to be the GG [Archie Griffin]

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

zbd wrote:I will have to say Clay friday night was a great preformance but I dont think that was a Great Sheridan team there defense was very poor tacklers that is not like Sheridan of the past. Saying all that I still say PA should win the award.

You're right but, a down Sheridan is still better than most teams. They are 6-2 with losses to the top two teams, West M. & T.V. so they are far from bad.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Pat put up similar numbers against the Generals in the "Jamboree" scrimmage at Logan to start the season.

While I'm never one to put stock in "scrimmages," in the past I've had to hear about how Sheridan "beat" Logan in a scrimmage, so I guess I feel turn about should be fair play.

Both are great players, and are likely to lead their teams into the Playoffs. The award comes down to votes by the fans, so it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I'm a Sheridan guy and as much as I hate to say this because I can't stand TV or their fans, Clay Cameron is without a doubt, hands down the most dominant football player we have seen all season. Angle is a distant second. Clay is an absolute beast, without him TV is lucky to win four games. He is being recruited by several D1 schools, MAC and Illinois to name a few. Logan has a superior team to the Scotties but Cameron is an animal.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

I respect what Angle has done and think he will be a good player at the next level, but the best QB in southern Ohio is Jesse Slone from Oak Hill. I know I will get jumped on for my opinion, but Slone will be QB at a big D1 college after his graduation. I don't have stats, but he throws the best ball I have ever seen in my almost 50 years of watching HS football. He is 6'4" or 6'5" and very smart both on and off the field.
I know he has no chance of winning the award, but remember the name.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I've seen em all, and I have to say if you are only choosing one it has to be someone from Southern if they make the playoffs like they are saying they will.

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Dean wrote:I respect what Angle has done and think he will be a good player at the next level, but the best QB in southern Ohio is Jesse Slone from Oak Hill. I know I will get jumped on for my opinion, but Slone will be QB at a big D1 college after his graduation. I don't have stats, but he throws the best ball I have ever seen in my almost 50 years of watching HS football. He is 6'4" or 6'5" and very smart both on and off the field.
I know he has no chance of winning the award, but remember the name.

Great post Dean. I couldn't agree more. Jesse is the real deal and I second that nomination. Gridiron Glory doesn't cover much of the Oaks games so not sure how much of a shot he's got but he is one of the best if not the best QB in SouthEasternOhio.

I don't have official stats on this season but I know he has over 1500+ passing yards. Maybe somebody can post official stats.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Logan's Patrick Angle.

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

Logan may very well play tri valley in the playoffs, we'll compare cameron and angle .
i gotta go with P.

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

loganphan wrote:Logan may very well play tri valley in the playoffs, we'll compare cameron and angle .
i gotta go with P.

that would be a GREAT game to watch. 2 GREAT QBs battling it out......would LOVE to see that one....

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

This may have nothing to do with anything, but would minutes played be a large factor here as far as stats go and such? B/c i know there have been at least 4 games that Patrick didn't even get to step onto the feild after halftime. Have Clay, and Slone played all there minutes most game? Just wondering.

oakfootball
Waterboy

Post by oakfootball »

According to another thread Slone's passing stats are 1691 yards and 21 TD's so far this year.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Jesse Slone is leading all passers in this area that's correct.

He remains my nomination.

Return to “Football”