7 carries, 66 yards, 2 TD

Zach McDaniel - WR - Logan
34 receptions, 481 yards, 4 receiving TD
5 rushing TD

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Re: Gridiron Glory Player of the Year

Post by Philos_Finest »

osu*me wrote:This may have nothing to do with anything, but would minutes played be a large factor here as far as stats go and such? B/c i know there have been at least 4 games that Patrick didn't even get to step onto the feild after halftime. Have Clay, and Slone played all there minutes most game? Just wondering.

Clay is in the same boat as Angle as far as playing time.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

OVER HIS HIGH SCHOOL CAREER...... OR IN 1 YEAR..
PATRICK "THE ASSIN" ANGLE
HANDS DOWN.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Look at Wasogna's numbers, simply amazing...

130 carries, 1,419 yards, 17 TD

11 yrds/carry
237 yards/game

CRAZY

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

iwearblacknikes wrote:
Dean wrote:I respect what Angle has done and think he will be a good player at the next level, but the best QB in southern Ohio is Jesse Slone from Oak Hill. I know I will get jumped on for my opinion, but Slone will be QB at a big D1 college after his graduation. I don't have stats, but he throws the best ball I have ever seen in my almost 50 years of watching HS football. He is 6'4" or 6'5" and very smart both on and off the field.
I know he has no chance of winning the award, but remember the name.

Great post Dean. I couldn't agree more. Jesse is the real deal and I second that nomination. Gridiron Glory doesn't cover much of the Oaks games so not sure how much of a shot he's got but he is one of the best if not the best QB in SouthEasternOhio.

I don't have official stats on this season but I know he has over 1500+ passing yards. Maybe somebody can post official stats.

1691 yards i think with 21 touchdowns and 1 i repeat 1 pick!
Hes go my vote

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I believe Pat is the most talented athlete on any field in southeastern Ohio this year. Don't forget his contributions on defense, which I think should contribute to the argument as to "Player of the Year", not just best offensive performer. But I'd also be happy to have someone else win it, because I don't put a lot of stock in individual performances. I'm happier knowing Logan is the best team in SE Ohio and that takes the collective efforts of everyone on the team. Go Chiefs!

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

dazed&confused wrote:I believe Pat is the most talented athlete on any field in southeastern Ohio this year. Don't forget his contributions on defense, which I think should contribute to the argument as to "Player of the Year", not just best offensive performer. But I'd also be happy to have someone else win it, because I don't put a lot of stock in individual performances. I'm happier knowing Logan is the best team in SE Ohio and that takes the collective efforts of everyone on the team. Go Chiefs!

I may be wrong if i am im sorry but i believe slone plays both sides of the balll aswell.

THE CORDIAL ONE
Waterboy

Post by THE CORDIAL ONE »

Slone does play defense at cornerback, and leads the team with 6 interceptions, with 1 being returned for a touchdown. He has 0 passing yards in the 2nd half of 3 games, and less than 200 total passing yards for the year in the 2nd half. Of his 21 passing TDs, 19 have been in the 1st half. Like Angle, he also does the punting duties.
As someone already stated, the most important thing right now is being undefeated and heading to the playoffs. All these other individual awards will take care of themselves. Good luck to all involved.

oakfootball
Waterboy

Post by oakfootball »

THE CORDIAL ONE wrote:Slone does play defense at cornerback, and leads the team with 6 interceptions, with 1 being returned for a touchdown. He has 0 passing yards in the 2nd half of 3 games, and less than 200 total passing yards for the year in the 2nd half. Of his 21 passing TDs, 19 have been in the 1st half. Like Angle, he also does the punting duties.
As someone already stated, the most important thing right now is being undefeated and heading to the playoffs. All these other individual awards will take care of themselves. Good luck to all involved.

Thanks for the stats on Slone! :-D
And doesn't he also have some rushing TD's as well?

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

THE CORDIAL ONE wrote:Slone does play defense at cornerback, and leads the team with 6 interceptions, with 1 being returned for a touchdown. He has 0 passing yards in the 2nd half of 3 games, and less than 200 total passing yards for the year in the 2nd half. Of his 21 passing TDs, 19 have been in the 1st half. Like Angle, he also does the punting duties.

So just think of what his stats really could be if he had played the second half of those 3 games ;-)

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

give it to Jesse Slone or Trevon Pendelton. They both had phenominal years and they are probably the two best players in Southern Ohio.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

DASANI wrote:

So just think of what his stats really could be if he had played the second half of those 3 games ;-)

Again, I'm not a big fan of these individual awards, but if you want to use the argument about playing time in the second half, Pat has only probably taken about 30% of meaningful snaps in the second half of all games combined this year. He also was pulled in the second quarter of a few games.

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

Jesse Slone should get this award. The best QB in SEO in my opinion. He can flat out play! Thanks for posting those stats The Cordial One. awesome stats :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I think you also have to consider the level of competition each player has seen.

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

LoganLocos wrote:I think you also have to consider the level of competition each player has seen.

True, but I am not just talking about stats. His accuracy and arm strength is extremely good.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

LoganLocos wrote:I think you also have to consider the level of competition each player has seen.

Which is why, in my eyes, it's a 2 horse race between Clay & Pat.

The scary thing about Clay is, this will be the first week of the season where he is at 100%. Last week was the first week he had played defense because he has had rib & hamstring problems all year. He was only at about 55% when they played Dover.

bobcat010
Waterboy

Post by bobcat010 »

The announcement of the five finalists will take place on the tonight's show!

Tune in to see who it is...

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Cade McCullough from West Muskingum

1,481 yards on 184 carries which is 8 yards per carry with 18 touchdowns.

Lil&BigBucksMom
Riding the Bench

Post by Lil&BigBucksMom »

Who are the finalists? Do not get Gridiron Glory.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Vote for your pick at playeroftheyear@woub.org

Patrick Angle- QB- Logan
Derek Arnold- RB- Nelsonville-York
Clay Cameron- QB- Tri-Valley
Cade McCullough-RB- West Muskingum
Allan Wasonga-RB-Parkersburg

Return to “Football”