classof86 wrote:Trimble:6435 Southern:-100000000000000000000000

Give or take a few!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Re: TVC-Hocking (5-3, 2-1) Southern @ (4-4, 3-0) Trimble

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Steely Dan wrote:
Remember_The_Name wrote:
Purple Gold wrote:Torn Frek where are you getting your info. There is no Ginther kid playing on the team.

I think someone does not know what theyre talkin about obviously :lol: :lol: :lol: but idk if southern has enough to pull out the victory (especially at Trimble). Hopefully they prove me wrong :-D but as far as the playoff talk goes... gimme a break guys... lets be real. Lets focus on this game against trimble and the throwdown game against Eastern and fight for the tvc title, and if some miracle happens southern makes playoffs, good for them, but right now take it a game at a time, focus on trimble, dont look ahead to next weeks game against eastern. Best of luck to southern, better bring nothin but your A+++ game to this game. DEFENSE IS GOIN TO BE KEY!!!

Trimble-41
Southern-20

Finally, a voice of reason from Racine. How you been RTN?

NO koondoger i just like to voice my opinion on things :-D lol

Things are going good Steely Dan, cant complain lol.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Purple Tornado wrote:Who has a winning record?
Who will still have a winning record after this game?
Who will hold Dila under 50 yards?

Yes you are right, it's the same team that is going to thump Eastern next week and go to the playoffs. :mrgreen:

Seriously, lets stop with the playoff talks already, its ridiculous. If we would have defeated either symmes or wahama at the beginning of the year then i could understand the playoff tlks but honestly, southern could win these next two weeks and still not get in (and id like to mention a win vs symmes would have been huge considering they are 8th in the region rankings right now and has a record of 7-1 i believe). Lets focus on the task at hand, and that is Trimble. Eastern is next week, that shouldnt be on anyones mind (players especially) until the clock shows 00:00 at the end of the 4th qtr in Glouster. Im not rooting against my alumni and showing any doubt, because any team can beat any other team on any given day, thats why the game is played. like i said, enough with the playoff talks already, that was lost when we fell to 0-2 right off the bat. Best of Luck Southern and play with the same heart and intensity that you played with last week.
7, focus on the tvc title, a very reachable goal if southern shows up to play on Friday with a hard nosed defense and a turnover free offense. Bring your A game southern and focus on the task at hand friday night.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Remember_The_Name wrote:

Yes you are right, it's the same team that is going to thump Eastern next week and go to the playoffs. :mrgreen:

Seriously, lets stop with the playoff talks already, its ridiculous. If we would have defeated either symmes or wahama at the beginning of the year then i could understand the playoff tlks but honestly, southern could win these next two weeks and still not get in (and id like to mention a win vs symmes would have been huge considering they are 8th in the region rankings right now and has a record of 7-1 i believe). Lets focus on the task at hand, and that is Trimble. Eastern is next week, that shouldnt be on anyones mind (players especially) until the clock shows 00:00 at the end of the 4th qtr in Glouster. Im not rooting against my alumni and showing any doubt, because any team can beat any other team on any given day, thats why the game is played. like i said, enough with the playoff talks already, that was lost when we fell to 0-2 right off the bat. Best of Luck Southern and play with the same heart and intensity that you played with last week.
7, focus on the tvc title, a very reachable goal if southern shows up to play on Friday with a hard nosed defense and a turnover free offense. Bring your A game southern and focus on the task at hand friday night.

A very Classy Post. One of the Best I have ever read. Thank You

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Dyla will have 100 yards by half

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Purple Gold wrote: Now go ahead people and make fun of this post like you always make fun of us but remember you have to start somewhere to get respect and in the last 4 years these kids and coaches have won more games than any other staff and teams than in the last 20 years. were on our way. Its been since 1991 since we have beaten Federal Hocking and since 1998 since we beat Waterford and yes we have never beaten Trimble but with some good play and a little luck maybe we just get that one too.

GOOD LUCK SOUTHERN.

You are wrong on most of this......check the records a little closer. There are more recent wins over Fedral Hocker....

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

STOP IT!

Just stop with all this playoff talk in Racine. How are we gonna get these kids in the gym for early basketball practice if you people keep talking like they are gonna go to the playoffs? Next thing you know, they will be actually thinking about lifting weights for next season. All this playoff talk was fun during the scrimmages but now that the tomato crop is in we need to focus on what is important....

BASKETBALL!!

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

Remember_The_Name wrote:

I have been listening to playoff talk from Trimble people for years. Now we have a chance to go, so don't look for me to stop talking about anytime soon. All we need to do is win Friday, and we are on our way is how I see it. And a win Friday is pretty much a lock at this point.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Trimble is tough to beat at home and rules TVCH teams, but has not beat a winning team yet this season. Southern has a real challenge and test against a .500 Trimble team. A wet field could add to this one too.

It's tough for me to pick against Trimble in this one. Good luck to both teams and have a great game.

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

I'd dearly love to see Southern play an entire game with the same intensity they showed on their final game-winning drive vs. Waterford last week. If they can do that, they'll stun a lot of people in Glouster.

With that being said, it's still Trimble's championship to lose.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Storm Chaser wrote:I'd dearly love to see Southern play an entire game with the same intensity they showed on their final game-winning drive vs. Waterford last week. If they can do that, they'll stun a lot of people in Glouster.

With that being said, it's still Trimble's championship to lose.

I can hear the excuses already. "We didn't play a complete game..." :lol:

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

This could be the first team Trimble has defeated with a winning record. I have said these two teams will play for the championship and they are. I am taking Trimble in this game. When it comes to league play they have the confidence. They are the defending champs until someone takes it from them. I am not predicting a blow out but none of the Hocking div teams have come close yet.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Is that kind of like a thought?

It stinks whatever it is. :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Southern wont make the playoffs with a 7-3 record anyway

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

For Southern to win another game would be shocking. But I hope they win them both and make the playoffs. Gives Howie an extra week on them. :12224

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I've seen both teams play and the disparity in talent, especially at the skill positions, is a very wide gap.

If the field is a mudhole, that favors Southern, and will mitigate some of the disparity. If the field is in decent shape and a moderate fast track, Katy bar the door, the points are going to come in a flurry.

Two wins for Southern (which is highly unlikely), gives them a 68% chance of qualifying for week 11 (as of this week), based on the statistical modeling that has been done. Even if they win out, the outcomes of alot of other games have to align perfectly for Southern to qualify.

Will it happen? I doubt it. Want to wish both teams the best of luck tomorrow night and hope that you both bring your "A" games and play great. That should prevent any excuses to follow, post game. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Boy oh Boy the boys from Southern has a great year going. My heart wants
to see a Southern victory, but not sure if the has the offence to out score
Trimble.

Trimble-1834
Southern- 28

Will be a good game to watch if you are a kitty cat

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

The Trimble Running back Dyla , is the fastest the Oak Hill Defense has seen this year. It would be really hard to simulate the speed he has for any team in practice.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

I like Southern but for someone to think that they can win or even only lose by 20 is wishful thinking. I know because iv'e been there that, when southern hears Trimble in football all hopes leave from the team...it's not that they don't want it...it's just Trimble comes in with confidence and Southern never does...I will root for southern but i don't think this will even be considered a game after the first quarter...once again I LIKE SOUTHERN but reality will set in once they hit the field...

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Steegal wrote:For Southern to win another game would be shocking. :12224

I'm not sure who your dog in this fight is but they are very capable of winning the next two games.

Koony, I smell a lot better then your poop eating dogs.

Return to “Football”