TVC-Hocking (5-3, 2-1) Southern @ (4-4, 3-0) Trimble

I smell good
JV Team

Re: TVC-Hocking (5-3, 2-1) Southern @ (4-4, 3-0) Trimble

Post by I smell good »

Your redneck elitist attitude is going to come back to bite you in the butt one of these days.

I personally hope it's tomorrow. :122245

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I smell good wrote:Your redneck elitist attitude is going to come back to bite you in the butt one of these days.

I personally hope it's tomorrow. :122245

Thats RUTTER elitist attitude!!!! Get it right :122245 :122245 :122245

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

I agree with all the people saying Southern will not make the playoffs. Even though I would like to see it happen, the schedule was not tough enough to make it at probably even 8-2. The first 2 games were the best chances to get in if Southern won, but they didnt. I think they should just forget about the playoffs, but still finish strong and try to play for a conference title. The game starts tomorrow and that should decide who takes home the conference title. Then focus on the big showdown next saturday against Eastern.

tomcatfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcatfan »

Why is this still talked about. It is no big deal because TRIMBLE beats the tomatoes by 60 and that is a FACT.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Well tomcatfan, I hope you are not right, I hope to see a better game (Hopefully) but Trimble is the favored team and always has been and it does not matter where they play. So Im hopeing to see a good game tomorrow night and I am rooting for the Does but my prediction
Trimble- 35
Southern- 12

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Purple Tornado wrote:
Remember_The_Name wrote:
Purple Tornado wrote:Who has a winning record?
Who will still have a winning record after this game?
Who will hold Dila under 50 yards?

Yes you are right, it's the same team that is going to thump Eastern next week and go to the playoffs. :mrgreen:

Seriously, lets stop with the playoff talks already, its ridiculous. If we would have defeated either symmes or wahama at the beginning of the year then i could understand the playoff tlks but honestly, southern could win these next two weeks and still not get in (and id like to mention a win vs symmes would have been huge considering they are 8th in the region rankings right now and has a record of 7-1 i believe). Lets focus on the task at hand, and that is Trimble. Eastern is next week, that shouldnt be on anyones mind (players especially) until the clock shows 00:00 at the end of the 4th qtr in Glouster. Im not rooting against my alumni and showing any doubt, because any team can beat any other team on any given day, thats why the game is played. like i said, enough with the playoff talks already, that was lost when we fell to 0-2 right off the bat. Best of Luck Southern and play with the same heart and intensity that you played with last week.
7, focus on the tvc title, a very reachable goal if southern shows up to play on Friday with a hard nosed defense and a turnover free offense. Bring your A game southern and focus on the task at hand friday night.

I have been listening to playoff talk from Trimble people for years. Now we have a chance to go, so don't look for me to stop talking about anytime soon. All we need to do is win Friday, and we are on our way is how I see it. And a win Friday is pretty much a lock at this point.

The reason why trimble fans have been talkin playoffs for years is because they are a football school that is enriched with talent year after year and have grown custom to making appearances in the playoffs. For trimble to not get in the playoffs is probably looked at as a down year for them. Southern has Never made the playoffs in football, and hasnt won a tvc title...ever n football (they did win i believe in 82 when the leage was called the svac). A win friday isnt a lock for playoffs for southern, Steely Dan is right, many things have to fall perfectly for southern to make the playoffs, Lets focus on a tvc title and a win friday, not a potential week eleven. lets focus on a win friday, then the big one nxt saturday and whatever happens....happens. If the field is going to be a mud pit i look for southern to have the slight advantage, but theyll have to hold on to the football and cut back on turnovers, best of luck Southern!!!

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

I agree with you 100% Remember_The_Name. Trimble has made their reputation to the Playoffs and it prob woulde be considered a down year. Southern just needs to go to Glouster, play hard and still expect to win. But it seems like their already looking forward to other games instead of focusing on one of the toughest places to play with a good team this year. Trimble might have 4 losses on the season, but the combined record their opponents have is 27-5 I believe. Southern just needs to focus on trying to hang in with Trimble for a while or its goona get ugly fast.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Remember_The_Name wrote:
The reason why trimble fans have been talkin playoffs for years is because they are a football school that is enriched with talent year after year and have grown custom to making appearances in the playoffs. For trimble to not get in the playoffs is probably looked at as a down year for them. Southern has Never made the playoffs in football, and hasnt won a tvc title...ever n football (they did win i believe in 82 when the leage was called the svac). A win friday isnt a lock for playoffs for southern, Steely Dan is right, many things have to fall perfectly for southern to make the playoffs, Lets focus on a tvc title and a win friday, not a potential week eleven. lets focus on a win friday, then the big one nxt saturday and whatever happens....happens. If the field is going to be a mud pit i look for southern to have the slight advantage, but theyll have to hold on to the football and cut back on turnovers, best of luck Southern!!!

Very well said. But remember folks, this is why we play them, you just never know.....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fan-o-Southern wrote:
Remember_The_Name wrote:

Very well said. But remember folks, this is why we play them, you just never know.....

The TVC was never called the SVAC!!!!!

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

Southern was in the SVAC before joining the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

old bird wrote:Southern was in the SVAC before joining the TVC.

I knew that but the way he worded it made it sound like the SVAC became the TVC.. :122245

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Orange and Brown wrote:
old bird wrote:Southern was in the SVAC before joining the TVC.

I knew that but the way he worded it made it sound like the SVAC became the TVC.. :122245

HAHAHA my bad, im a southern grad what do you expect? HAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Is the game gunna be on the radio? and what channel if so?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

maybe the green eagle can give us a poem?? :mrgreen:

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Is it raining in Glouster? Anybody know

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

I know this is off topic but what or who is a rutter?

Secondly Im glad to see people being logical about the game and playoff talk for once. Question not a slam does trimble have a chance for the playoffs this year?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

it has been raining all day here in g'town.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

MTX wrote:I know this is off topic but what or who is a rutter?

Secondly Im glad to see people being logical about the game and playoff talk for once. Question not a slam does trimble have a chance for the playoffs this year?

Trimble will defantly have to win the last two games to even have a shot. I think the early losses might have hurt their chances

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

cool cucumber wrote:Is the game gunna be on the radio? and what channel if so?

Can someone help me out?

Bucks999
Waterboy

Post by Bucks999 »

You can hear this game on 107.7 WSEO with Ray Spoutz and Rocky Brunty

Return to “Football”