Freshman Team

SOC2 @ (7-1, 3-0) Valley @ (6-2, 2-1) Wheelersburg

Post by jungle cat »

Thoughts

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Wheelersburg VS Valley

Post by ManitouDan »

Valley celebrates the big win too long, can't bounce back quick enough. Burg by 3 scores. MD

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

if burg gets their heads on straight, burg 35- valley 7

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Valley's biggest obstacle in this game is between their ears. They need to get over the TD deal against the Burg.

Every game played in the Burg is difficult, this one won't be any different.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 (6-2, 2-1) Wheelersburg @ (7-1, 3-0) Valley

Post by Bleeding Red »

After reading a few things about Valley on here I would think Valley wins by 10-14pts.

I dont know if Burg can stop that high powered Indian offense that Valley posters have been riding all season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This will be the game of the week for sure. Someone's playoff hopes end Friday night.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I may talk alot of trash on other threads but I am going to be honest in this one....I think that this game will be fairly close and Im talking 10 points or less, both teams need this game to make it to the playoffs. I think that this will be Valleys biggest test thus far, and the Pirates shouldnt over look the Indians as they are playing some pretty good ball right now.

Im not going to make a prediction, but i do hope that this is a injury free, unbiased SOC II slugfest.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

the kids will play hard, i know that. seeing how this determines which team will more than likely make the playoffs, it's going to be a war starting out. the place should be packed and rockin'

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg 68-14.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

Burg wins huge !!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:Burg 68-14.

how do you pick against your own school?

I dont care if Minford was playing Ohio State I wouldnt pick against them!

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Valley is done for the year. The kids have already started round ball practice. They'll only show to the games to support the Freshman team.

Burg 72
Valley 0

Minford 84
Valley minus 10

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Burg 68-14.

how do you pick against your own school?

I dont care if Minford was playing Ohio State I wouldnt pick against them!

Someone going through Lucasville this morning told me the varsity team was turning in uniforms because they cheated against West, and have 0% chance to beat either Burg or Minford...so I think the Valley JV can put up 14....Varsity will be on the sidelines in street clothes.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Huge game for both teams. Winner more than likely has a great chance of making the playoffs, loser will probably be watching in week 10.

Burg has faced a spread offense in Cleveland St. Joes and did fairly well with them. Even though they did give up 21 points to them, there defense rose up and turned two picks into TD's. I believe that is the only way that Valley will be able to move the ball is through the air, so they will have to give the QB some time to throw. Burg has very quick Defensive ends who can get on the QB fast.

I don't look for this game to be a blowout for either team and won't give a prediction on the score.

One question I have is why are the so many Minford fans on here already making comments? Out of 18 posts, 7 are from Minford fans. This game will not be a blowout and yes, Minford beat Burg, but they sure as heck didn't run it down the Burg's throat. They had one drive over 35 yards that they scored on. If the Burg takes away about three bonehead calls by the coaching staff, Burg win this game going away. My only hope is that meet up again in the playoffs, whether it be at Minford or at a neutral site. You won't see the Burg make the same mistakes they made last year.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Huge game for both teams. Winner more than likely has a great chance of making the playoffs, loser will probably be watching in week 10.

Burg has faced a spread offense in Cleveland St. Joes and did fairly well with them. Even though they did give up 21 points to them, there defense rose up and turned two picks into TD's. I believe that is the only way that Valley will be able to move the ball is through the air, so they will have to give the QB some time to throw. Burg has very quick Defensive ends who can get on the QB fast.

I don't look for this game to be a blowout for either team and won't give a prediction on the score.

One question I have is why are the so many Minford fans on here already making comments? Out of 18 posts, 7 are from Minford fans. This game will not be a blowout and yes, Minford beat Burg, but they sure as heck didn't run it down the Burg's throat. They had one drive over 35 yards that they scored on. If the Burg takes away about three bonehead calls by the coaching staff, Burg win this game going away. My only hope is that meet up again in the playoffs, whether it be at Minford or at a neutral site. You won't see the Burg make the same mistakes they made last year.

Valley will probably have to beat burg and minford to make playoffs.
It is possible but not likely. If they can beat one they can surely beat the other.

I personally look for burg to win fairly easy with crabtree out. That is unless coach Crabtree keys on Shank and Lang. EVERYONE know that if you key on those 2 players you can stop the burg. Burg has about 4 or 5 running back who run 4.5s or better but the rest of them only get a couple of touches a game.

Good Luck

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Tobias wrote:According to Joe Eitel...this game is at Wheelersburg, not Valley.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2009

that's right, its at burg.

pbuck
All State

Re: SOC2 @ (7-1, 3-0) Valley @ (6-2, 2-1) Wheelersburg

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg in a close one

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Wheelersburg by a bunch. Mark it down ,guaranteed.... Valley will still be high off a win they snuck away from the Siders. Burg will pound them. Sorry Valley fun is over for the year.

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

Simple, if it comes down to talent Burg wins, if it comes down to coaching Valley wins.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Westsider1993 wrote:Wheelersburg by a bunch. Mark it down ,guaranteed.... Valley will still be high off a win they snuck away from the Siders. Burg will pound them. Sorry Valley fun is over for the year. Minford will also have their way with them.

Hey sweetheart! You turn me on when you talk dirty to me. :aaaaa66 :aaaaa66

Mark it down, the Burg beats West in sweet revenge by 4 TDs... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”