SOC2 @ (7-1, 3-0) Valley @ (6-2, 2-1) Wheelersburg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: SOC2 @ (7-1, 3-0) Valley @ (6-2, 2-1) Wheelersburg

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wait a minute. Let me go look again. Yep!!!!! I was for sure this thread had the title

BURG VS VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am right and i'm sure I am that this is a Burg/Valley thread, why are all you Minford people on here starting crap with the Valley people? How about going ahead and opening up a Valley vs Minford thread and take your crap on there?

This will be a very good game. Valley gave Burg a very good game out at Valley last year in the first half and then Burg woke up in the second half. How much of an impact will that have on Valley losing Crabtree if he is unable to play? Saw on the Valley/West thread where he got hurt.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Bleeding Red and Muletown Maniac will you two please give it a rest. Yabba please do not let these two portray us here in Minford as idiots. There are some of us..actually alot of us that have class and give respect when it is due.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Wait a minute. Let me go look again. Yep!!!!! I was for sure this thread had the title

If I am right and i'm sure I am that this is a Burg/Valley thread, why are all you Minford people on here starting crap with the Valley people? How about going ahead and opening up a Valley vs Minford thread and take your crap on there?

This will be a very good game. Valley gave Burg a very good game out at Valley last year in the first half and then Burg woke up in the second half. How much of an impact will that have on Valley losing Crabtree if he is unable to play? Saw on the Valley/West thread where he got hurt.

Arent you quite the hypocrite!

Remember the MINFORD VS WEST thread where you and alot of other Burg people turned it into the best RB in the area thread???

Lmao

Go toot your bandhorn somewhere else!

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

The Crabtree loss will be felt on defense. He is the leader. The young soph replacement played well but it's hard to replace Crabtree's intensity and experience.

I'm not under any illusions. Valley hasn't beaten the Burg since Christ was a corporal. If we can play lights out and not make costly turnovers, penalties, etc...we can stay in the game. If not, more of the same...Regardless of what is said on the board, it's all up to the kids.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

F-4 Phantom wrote:The Crabtree loss will be felt on defense. He is the leader. The young soph replacement played well but it's hard to replace Crabtree's intensity and experience.

I'm not under any illusions. Valley hasn't beaten the Burg since Christ was a corporal. If we can play lights out and not make costly turnovers, penalties, etc...we can stay in the game. If not, more of the same...Regardless of what is said on the board, it's all up to the kids.

that is so true! We agree on stuff after all!

And 16-18 year olds have a mind of their own and who knows what to expect each week.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bleeding Red wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Wait a minute. Let me go look again. Yep!!!!! I was for sure this thread had the title

Arent you quite the hypocrite!

Remember the MINFORD VS WEST thread where you and alot of other Burg people turned it into the best RB in the area thread???

Lmao

Go toot your bandhorn somewhere else!

Hey, fool. The next time you stick your foot in your mouth you need to check your information. There was maybe a total 10-12 burg posters on the Minford-West thread and none of them were starting the crap on there like you Minford people are on here. If you would have rechecked the thread you would have even noticed that a Burg person (BG77) was the one doing the updates on the game, so before you type, check on things.

Makes you look really bad.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Wow, over high school football....really?

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Yabba, I've had a lot of respect for you since the Coal Grove game, as you saw me their and seen the Coal Grove faithful show their a$$es and I have respected you since then. I am rooting for the Burg regardless, if Minford had beaten them or not(My wife's from Burg)...the way the Valley posters have acted is ridiculous and I hope that a "good" SOC team smacks them in the mouth and reminds them why they didnt join the leauge to begin with. I realize that my Minford team hasn't always been competitive, but they were always up for the challenge, and Valley will always be a second teir team like Northwest.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I love how Minford has hijacked a respectful thread between Valley and Burg. You guys hate Coach Crabtree and you make great jokes about a public figure's "figure" while hiding behind a message board alias. It's cool and I understand your jealousy over not having success against your rival or success in the playoffs. Maybe it's the inability to hire a coach that can stand to be in town more than 2 or 3 seasons... Hell, I don't know but what I know is that posters thinking that what is said on a message board between adults will somehow have an influence on the game or cause Burg or Valley to look past their opponent is assinine. I'm sure this board will overload next week... But how about not acting like you have Vince Lombardi on staff while acting like Bruce Coslet is wearing purple and gold. You do realize that you were probably 3 TDs better than Valley last season and it took a huge break late in the game for you to win by a FG. You are a good solid program and a great rivalry game for the Indians, but you have not clout when it comes to talking about our coach that has wore you out in his 20 years at the helm.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

valley is a good ball club. if they play hard and work hard this week they may suprise a few people on here. good luck valley and
burg on a injury free game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

MuletownManiac wrote:Yabba, I've had a lot of respect for you since the Coal Grove game, as you saw me their and seen the Coal Grove faithful show their a$$es and I have respected you since then. I am rooting for the Burg regardless, if Minford had beaten them or not(My wife's from Burg)...the way the Valley posters have acted is ridiculous and I hope that a "good" SOC team smacks them in the mouth and reminds them why they didnt join the leauge to begin with. I realize that my Minford team hasn't always been competitive, but they were always up for the challenge, and Valley will always be a second teir team like Northwest.

Could you find and quote ANY material where the Valley "poster" have acted ridiculous?

Go back and read the SOC2 thread where I myself said, it's nice to hear Valley mentioned in the conversation, but we have to prove we belong on the field. Now that we're doing that....it's ruffling feathers.

A second tier team that has played in a regional title game more recently than Minford...oh not to mention Crabtree has OWNED Minford since he has been at Valley....

speedkills :lol: :lol:
howmuchyabench :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Muletown maniac, I have no problem with people coming on here and airing out your difference but not on a thread that deosn't pertain to you.

bleeding red called me a hypocrite because I said something about all the crap Minford people has been talking on here and then brought up the Minford-West game. Go bach through that thread and you tell me if you see crap like has been posted on this thread being posted by Burg people. Most of them gave their opinions on who might win and I think it was split on that, so for red to use that thread as his backup plan backfired in his face.

You guys play Valley in a week. I can almost guarantee you that that thread won't last a day if it turns to what this one has. This one is probably on the verge of getting shut down and that is not fair to the Valley-Burg fans. Both sides have garnered a lot of respect for each other since Valley joined the SOCII. they have had some pretty good matchups over the last 10 years.

Sure, I have issues with Crabtree myself in something he did at a Burg playoff game one year. Most of the Valley posters have seen it on here. I got past it and I have moved on. The sad thing is that I know Crabtree's dad and you couldn't meet a nicer man. What Crabtree did that night up in Athens will never be forgotten by the Burg faithful, but as far as I can tell, it hasn't been mentioned in detail on here. Burg just takes care of business on the field. Good luck to your Falcons this week against Waverly. Looking forward to a possible Burg-Minford rematch.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WB 19-14

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

MuletownManiac wrote:Yabba, I've had a lot of respect for you since the Coal Grove game, as you saw me their and seen the Coal Grove faithful show their a$$es and I have respected you since then. I am rooting for the Burg regardless, if Minford had beaten them or not(My wife's from Burg)...[b]the way the Valley posters have acted is ridiculous and I hope that a "good" SOC team smacks them in the mouth and reminds them why they didnt join the leauge to begin with.I realize that my Minford team hasn't always been competitive, but they were always up for the challenge, and Valley will always be a second teir team like Northwest.

Bleeding Red wrote:Arent you quite the hypocrite!

If that isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is. I am not a Burg or Valley fan, but a Minford fan getting on someone else for acting ridiculous on a thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh. I needed that after watching Ohio State yesterday.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

This thread has reminded me of why I quit posting on this site. :roll: :roll:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Wheelersburg 28
Valley 14

burg by 21

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

There is alot of smack talk on this thread already. Everybody has something to say, but, they forget it when a new thread gets started. Nobody wants to own up to anything. And that's fine, lets just be nice.

I will say that with Valley beating West, they will have the upper hand this week. They are rolling now!!! They will be pumped and have everything to prove. And if they can shut #8 down for West, they will have NO problem with The Burg!!!

It will be a good game, and very well coached!!!!!

Good Luck to both teams, and NO-body get hurt.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

West Oline isnt there yet. Minford and Valley stopped #8. But stop #7, 10, and 22 for Burg with a better oline and @Burg, very hard to do!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I would say, with the way the weather looks, Valley will have their passing attack going full-blast!!! On a dry turf, and no rain, Valley's passing will probably be hard to stop. West was lucky it was so wet Friday, or Valley might have scored 100.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

demaniac1 wrote:West Oline isnt there yet. Minford and Valley stopped #8. But stop #7, 10, and 22 for Burg with a better oline and @Burg, very hard to do!

you are right, West o-line isn't there yet. Minford shut down #8, but he had 144 yards against Valley do you call that shutting him down. No disrespect to Valley but Minford and Burg are way better. All I heard all week was about Valley's high powered passing attack. They only had 120 yards passing and 50 was on one play, against a very bad secondary. All the chances they had against West they should have won by 30. Valley is just a decent team like we are.

Return to “Football”