Valley 21 - West 17

Jesco White
S

Valley 21 - West 17

Post by Jesco White »

Congrats Valley on the win and best of luck to West the rest of the way.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 21 - West 17

Post by tigermack »

Congratulations, Valley. :-D

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

WOW!!!! I definatly was not expecting that

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I'll try to post some stats from the radio if I'm able to write them down quick enough.

By the way, Trevon Pendleton is an absolute stud!!!!! That kid is just a phenominal football player!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Mad_Dogg wrote:WOW!!!! I definatly was not expecting that

After having watched both Minford and Valley play, I think these two teams are very similar. I can't wait until they play each other. Should be a nail-biter. I actually thought Valley would be West by a bigger margin.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Thoughts and prayers please go out to Valley FB/LB Brice Crabtree who blew out his knee on Valley's first offensive play tonight.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

[quote="Jesco White"]Thoughts and prayers please go out to Valley FB/LB Brice Crabtree who blew out his knee on Valley's first offensive play tonight.[/quote

We will definitely keep Mr. Crabree in our thoughts and prayers.,hoping for a speedy recovery.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

What a wild game.. Had to take my kids home at half.. The Indians just kept giving West the short field all night, but West couldn't capitalize. Our defense did a great job time and time again. I can't believe the finish. What a great never say die 4th quarter by the Indians.. :122245 Very happy!!!! Keep it going.. Hope Crabtree is ok. It looked bad, but maybe he'll be alright.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

We could be in for a interesting night next Friday at the burg

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Great job, Valley. Way to silence the doubters and pull the upset!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Roger Gray fumbled through the stats, and I hurried to try and write them down. So, here's what I got...

West had 253 yards rushing on 55 carries with Pendleton finishing with 141 yards on 29 carries. Thompson finished with a solid game with 60 yards on 12 carries. They also had the one long completion, their only of the night, but I'm not sure how long it was...Roger didn't know. The Senators were penalized 14 times for 65 yards on the night. And, they collect 14 total first downs on the night.

Valley had just 83 yards rushing on the night (number of carries not listed). Utley finished the night with 14 completions on 21 attempts for 161 yards and 2 touchdowns with 1 interception. Holcomb led the Indians in rushing with 58 yards on 16 carries. The Indians were penalized 4 times for 20 yards and had 9 total first downs on the night. Defensively for the Indians, Yates had 18 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, and 1 interception. Also, Buckeiwicz had 14 tackles and Keller had 11 tackles.

Both teams had 4 turnovers apiece with both fumbling the ball away 3 times and throwing 1 interception apiece. Very sloppy by both teams.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Id say West's playoff hopes are over.
Alexander did lose but Fairland won over South Point.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Very sloppy!! I thought Valley had a lot more penalties than that... I must remember everyone of them.. Had to be more than that..

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Great come from behind win by the Indians. The defense was awesome all night. 9 of the 17 West points came from Valley's offensive turnovers.

Pendleton is good but I thought West's other back was better TONIGHT! Pendleton appeared to be limping the entire second half.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Wow that was a crazy game. West gave that one away at the end. Up 17-7 with about 5 mins left. Congrats to valley though way to play 4 quarters!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

pmow3 wrote:Very sloppy!! I thought Valley had a lot more penalties than that... I must remember everyone of them.. Had to be more than that..

I was a little stunned when I heard those totals as well. I know that there were a number of penalties on the Indians declined, but I thought it seemed like more accpeted as well.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Valley definitely had more than 4 penalties. I think they had that many in the first half.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

radio guys seemed stunned or rattled on the post game show. MD

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Sorry to hear about Brice Crabtree's injury. His parents are close friends and hope it wasn't as bad as it appeared and the recovery is quick.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Great Win for Valley tonight. 3-0 in soc II The best they can be at this point. Sloppy game from both teams, lots of turnovers. I feel Valley was the better team all night, giving West 9 points due to fumbles. However, that why you play the game. Congrats to West for Capitalizing on the turnovers and putting points on the board.

Prayers for #10 Brice Crabtree. the kid cant catch a break. Huge heart, wouldnt be suprised if he finds a way to overcome the injury and find a way to play.

Horrible officiating on both sides of the Ball. and that is being polite. I think they knew they made several mistakes in this one. hate that games can be affected by officials. To much time and effort put in my the players and coaches to have them determine the outcome of games. The last 45 seconds you would have to see in person to get a perspective of. Not for sure if it was a fumble or a deadball encroachment. Anyway the officials caused a Mess. Total Chaos!

To OAF and all the West side Pride... You should have ate more Vienna Sausages before the game! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as stated previously... Coach Tripplet has only beaten valley once. The 2nd win Did not come tonight!

Congrats Valley for beating West.. A major upset. No way Valley should have won.. They schedule is a "pud" and West is too Dominate!

Return to “Football”