Valley 21 - West 17

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 21 - West 17

Post by preps_fan1980 »

wow! good job valley. sounds like you played hard all the way through. gonna be a good one at the burg next friday. Go Pirates!!!!!

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Pud schedule -vs- dominant? They both play Chesapeake, South Point, and Rock Hill. West plays Fairland and Valley plays Coal Grove. Portsmouth opposed to Huntington doesn't quite make one schedule dominant and another pud.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Exactly.... But according to West and Everyone esle. Valley's schedule is a PUD... WEAK.. THey cant help Huntington Ross went playoffs 3 or 4 years ago and havent really won since, as well as Rock Hill and CHesepeake a few years back having solid programs.

I understand this year H-Ross, Rock Hill, SP and CHesepeake are all very weak and down, but not Valley's fault.

Just stating from previous post. They were not supposed to win tonight according to West posters. There schedule was far to weak and havent played nobody

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Valley on the big win. I had a gut feeling they would win this game and picked them in the picks contest.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

This is my ODE to The OAF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lots of Laughs LOL

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

My bad.

TROJANFAN
Riding the Bench

Post by TROJANFAN »

Way to go Indians!
As a former employee of Valley, it's great to see you guys having such success. Best of luck the rest of the season. Bring an SOC Title back to Lucasville.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Congrats to Valley on the big win. I had a gut feeling they would win this game and picked them in the picks contest.

I knew I'd find a way to get you to root for my Indians, BG! Just get you to pick them in the contest.. That would do it.
My guess is you probably would pick against them next week right? Am I safe to assume that.. ;-)

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i have seen valley and minford i think valley is just as good as minford. watched valley on here tonight and i dont think they played up to par tonight i think they could win the soc2

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Valley did win the game but the officials were terrible. The guy on the west sideline gave valley two fumbles that were clearly not fumbles. Valley played cheap all night with late hits that did not get called.The play at the end of the half when pendleton was getting up and the kid punched him right in front of the ref and nothing was done was rediculous.Then at the end of the game when Valley fumbled the snap and west recovered it the refs huddled and gave the ball back to valley.The very next play pendleton was laying on the ground and a valley kid stomped on him and nothing was called.Now with that being said I want you to know I am an adult and I seen these things with my own eyes and none of this was here say. I wish the best for valleys #10.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I'm so happy they won. It was awesome. But I'll just tell you right now unless things change in the sloppy play, penalties and fumbles, we can't beat Burg or Minford.. We have the team to compete with both those schools I believe. But you have to be more disciplined than that.. A good week of practice and paying attention to detail might go a long way..

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

good win valley, a chance for the soc and playoffs
west season seems to be over no soc or playoffs

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I could'nt see the fumble that occurred right in front of the West sideline and coaches. They did'nt seem to argue any at all, so I figured it must have been a legit fumble.

The Valley coach said when the film is watched the officials were correct on the last play , West was blitzing everyone and attempting to cause a fumble on the Center -QB exchange. did the ball get knocked loose after he kneeled down ? MD

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

fanatic23 wrote:Valley did win the game but the officials were terrible. The guy on the west sideline gave valley two fumbles that were clearly not fumbles. Valley played cheap all night with late hits that did not get called.The play at the end of the half when pendleton was getting up and the kid punched him right in front of the ref and nothing was done was rediculous.Then at the end of the game when Valley fumbled the snap and west recovered it the refs huddled and gave the ball back to valley.The very next play pendleton was laying on the ground and a valley kid stomped on him and nothing was called.Now with that being said I want you to know I am an adult and I seen these things with my own eyes and none of this was here say. I wish the best for valleys #10.

I'm not gonna comment on the cheap shots part of your post. I'll let someone else do that who was there. (I left at half). But the fumbles you're talking about I believe, were not called wrong. On the VSN telecast, you could see the fumbles looked very ligitimate..

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

What a game. West offense continues to amaze me with how shallow it is. Prayers are with Mr.Crabtree!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Congrats to the Indians.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

pmow3 wrote:
fanatic23 wrote:Valley did win the game but the officials were terrible. The guy on the west sideline gave valley two fumbles that were clearly not fumbles. Valley played cheap all night with late hits that did not get called.The play at the end of the half when pendleton was getting up and the kid punched him right in front of the ref and nothing was done was rediculous.Then at the end of the game when Valley fumbled the snap and west recovered it the refs huddled and gave the ball back to valley.The very next play pendleton was laying on the ground and a valley kid stomped on him and nothing was called.Now with that being said I want you to know I am an adult and I seen these things with my own eyes and none of this was here say. I wish the best for valleys #10.

I'm not gonna comment on the cheap shots part of your post. I'll let someone else do that who was there. (I left at half). But the fumbles you're talking about I believe, were not called wrong. On the VSN telecast, you could see the fumbles looked very ligitimate..

You are correct they were fumbles just watched it on V-net and also the QB knee was down on the last play before he fumbled from what I seen

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What were total penalties in the game that would be interesting to know?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

OSU 77 wrote:What were total penalties in the game that would be interesting to know?

The radio reported West with 14 penalties for 65 yards and Valley with 4 penalties for 20 yards. Those numbers don't seem accurate though. The stats on the radio overall were pretty tough to follow at times as they seemed to be almost rambling while giving them. I know Valley had several penalties that West declined, but it seemed like they had more than 4 accepted for the whole game.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

fanatic23 wrote:
pmow3 wrote:

You are correct they were fumbles just watched it on V-net and also the QB knee was down on the last play before he fumbled from what I seen

Yeah, he downed it real quick and stood up.. Easy to think it was a fumble.. Nice of you to clarify.. Now the late hits and such, I just didn't see it so I won't comment.

Return to “Football”