Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

playa_44
JV Team

Re: Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

Post by playa_44 »

Nelsonville York is good but very small. Ironton will win by as much as they want and Lutz will get his victory.

28ohio
Waterboy

Post by 28ohio »

I watched the N-Y Athens game Friday night and I would not be surprised if Ironton wins by as many as they want.

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

Lets go Tigers, lets give Coach Lutz the record at home. He deserves this.

Tiger fans; We all need to call all the media outlets this week and tell them about Coach Lutz. We need to write the OHSAA and demand that they update the "Coaches Record". I was looking around the internet and the "Friday Night Lights" web site has Terry Malone listed as 361 wins and does not even list Coach Lutz. I have E-Mailed them already in hopes that they correct this.

Lets call the Columbus Dispatch and every other big paper and TV station and tell them about our Coach.

Thank you Coach Lutz for 40 great years!!!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

loganphan wrote:ok, ironton was lucky to be in the logan game, dropped passes, penalties, fumbles. Several of these things in the red zone...helped ironton stay "close" with logan.
BUT, this is the Nelsonville ironton thread.
im rooting for ironton (just to give logan level 2 points)
but i would love to see nelsonville beat them.
BUT, irontons line is a lot bigger than athens line.
i saw ironton against logan, and nelsonville against athens. after watching both teams, im saying ironton by 4 tds. They are to big and to strong for nelsonville to stop. Arnold wasnt to impressive against athens, so i doubt he reaches 100 yards against ironton

Logan fans such as this one prove that they are still wanna bees and don't yet have any class such as programs like Ironton and NY...They don't have state championships..heck..they've only made it to round two of the playoffs one time from what I have read...but as long as they can squeak by div 4 and 5 teams...let's humor them and tell them that they are awesome...

Kentucky...I too believe we gave them way too much respect this year..had we continued to run the ball at the end of the game...we most likely would have won this year...our line pushed them back 2-5 yards every play...

Let's go Tigers..Let's give bob his big win this week at the Tank....

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

What a great week to be an Ironton fan! Practice hard this week boys and enjoy this time, it will be gone before you know it. Lots of good luck to all of you and your parents while you enjoy all the things for senior night!

GOOOOOOO TIGERS!! Represent!

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

good luck I Town & coach Lutz, from a West Sider

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

IronTigerMum wrote:What a great week to be an Ironton fan! Practice hard this week boys and enjoy this time, it will be gone before you know it. Lots of good luck to all of you and your parents while you enjoy all the things for senior night!

GOOOOOOO TIGERS!! Represent!

WHAT MUM SAID PLUS "HIT SOMEBODY"!!!!!!!!!!

NUFF SAID...........................

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Last year's game at NY was a classic. Awesome game to have watched in a beautiful stadium. However, I'm, personally, not wanting to watch a good game, I want the Tigers to win this game in a very convincing fashion. Nothing personal...just all the stuff that hangs on this game.

I talked to a couple of Ironton's players and they were very excited about the prospect of being able to possibly say one day that they were on the team that broke the record as it would be something they could claim all their lives! Think about that! What if it was in front of the home crowd also?! wow! IF Coach Lutz gets that 361st Victory, it's hard to say how many years it might be until it's eclipsed. Many of us could be long gone by then. I just hope it's this week! (uh, the record, not being gone! ;-) )

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Joe Eitel is now showing Amanda as having sewed up a 1st round playoff game already. The Tigers, he's showing as now controlling their own destiny. I bet if they can win Friday night, a home game is also locked up for them Tigers!

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

As an Ironton fan I respect the NY football program and the people of it's community. I have never seen a bad word from anyone out of NY on here. I was at the game last year and met some great people there. I hope both teams play to the best of their potential and stay injury free. With all due respect...
Ironton 35
Nelsonville York 13

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Good luck Tigers!

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

No surprise this thread is already on page 3, Has the potential of reaching 8-9 pages before done. Good luck tigers against a good N.Y TEAM, lots of great people from up in that area. N.Y treated us great last year. and we need to do the same. Go Bob Lutz 360 wins and counting. Good luck to all seniors.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Lutz gets the win and the record in this one....

Ironton 48
Nelsonville York 28

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Ironton wins a grinding battle of attrition by two or more touchdowns. Could be worse but I don't see Nelsonville winning under any scenario.

IPride
Waterboy

Post by IPride »

Any time two solid H.S teams meet there is always a "chance".York has been a quality program for many years.They have been there before.Good luck to both. I-27 NY-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

all i can say is this has thread needs not to be read by the players, at least the part about ironton winning by as many as we want, i heard the same thing the week of the ashland game, that did not go so well.

we simply must not turn over the ball, anymore the rest of the season. and in my opinion, if the tigers wanna make a run, the playoffs start friday. way too much on the line to go beating our chests. we have 2 very top quality programs left to play. between these 2 teams , they have 3 losses. so they know how to beat people.

one play at a time, one execution at a time, limit the turnovers, and keep plowing ahead.

on a side note to the logan poster who thinks ironton was never in the game, time to wakeup from your dream, because we ran it down your neck all night long. it was us who controlled the game, and made costly turnovers in the last 4 minutes that led to a logan win. thats the last logan post for me, ever. good luck to logan in the playoff game. :-D

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Let’s go Buckeye’s practice hard this week because you are going to be facing a great ITown team. Both schools come in with great tradition and support from their communities.

I cannot wait to make this trip 1. To support my Buckeye’s and 2. To see a great friend I met in College that moved back to ITown that I don’t get to see that often.

BUCKEYE FOOTBALL

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

I have a new fond respect for NY after what I saw them do last week to my beloved Athens Bulldogs...
Not that I didn't respect them before (my pops is a NY Grad).
It takes a lot to come back in a game that had so much riding on it for both teams, when your down with what looked to be no answer in sight...

What Dave Jr. did at halftime is one of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen (as much as it pains me to say that).
To quote a movie scene, it looked like 'The Mighty Ducks 3 or D3' when the Ducks went into the break period with no answers to there opponent. They then put on their old familiar uniforms and their old familiar playing styles returned as they came back to win.

I can see this game being one of those games like the Meigs/Warren game.
TVC vs. SEOAL
Overmatched vs. Overpowering
Can't Handle the Bigger League vs. Should dominate the Smaller League.

Well, Meigs took the (at the time) Undefeated Warren Warriors all 15 rounds, and Warren needed extra innings to pull off the Victory.
In no way did playing Athens hurt NY, as Athens gave NY the best looks to expect the same from Ironton this week. A powerful line, some hard runners and a good defense.

In no way is NY out of this game.
I hope they can pull off this upset.

This is why the games are played....

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

ironton will win hands down, no problem...might be close in the 1st qtr. and that's about it.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Games are played for a reason...and that is why the game won't be over until it is played friday night...However...I sure hope that these boys are super pumped up...cause there hasn't been a better reason in some time to play any harder....

Nelsonville does have a great team...and they have great tradition..and I too met a lot of their fans last season at the game and they were very classy people...and they knew their football....I welcome them all down to see the Tank and hopefully share in the record...

I don't look for a blowout..I figure that the game ends with Ironton up two or three touchdowns...but it will not be a blow out..especially until late...

If Ironton wins...stick around...there will be some things even NY fans would like to see....

Return to “Football”