Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

Orestes
S

Re: Lutz goes for Record (7-1) Nelsonville-York @ (6-2) Ironton

Post by Orestes »

questionmark wrote:I have a new fond respect for NY after what I saw them do last week to my beloved Athens Bulldogs...
Not that I didn't respect them before (my pops is a NY Grad).
It takes a lot to come back in a game that had so much riding on it for both teams, when your down with what looked to be no answer in sight...

What Dave Jr. did at halftime is one of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen (as much as it pains me to say that).
To quote a movie scene, it looked like 'The Mighty Ducks 3 or D3' when the Ducks went into the break period with no answers to there opponent. They then put on their old familiar uniforms and their old familiar playing styles returned as they came back to win.

I can see this game being one of those games like the Meigs/Warren game.
TVC vs. SEOAL
Overmatched vs. Overpowering
Can't Handle the Bigger League vs. Should dominate the Smaller League.

Well, Meigs took the (at the time) Undefeated Warren Warriors all 15 rounds, and Warren needed extra innings to pull off the Victory.
In no way did playing Athens hurt NY, as Athens gave NY the best looks to expect the same from Ironton this week. A powerful line, some hard runners and a good defense.

In no way is NY out of this game.
I hope they can pull off this upset.

This is why the games are played....

Dave Boston Jr. ====== Image

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here is the season breakdown so far for the two teams........

NELSONVILLE-YORK
8/28 A Trimble (4-4) [6:23] W 7-6
9/4 H Piketon (5-3) [4:15] W 21-7
9/11 H Berne Union (2-6) [5:19] W 21-20
9/18 H Wellston (3-5) [4:15] W 35-6
9/25 A Meigs (3-5) [4:15] W 28-20
10/2 H Belpre (0-8) [5:19] W 49-6
10/9 A Alexander (6-2) [4:15] L 0-21
10/16 A Athens (7-1) [2:7] W 14-13
10/23 A Ironton (6-2) [4:15]
10/30 H Vinton County (1-7) [3:12]

IRONTON
8/28 H Wheelersburg (6-2) [5:19] W 24-8
9/4 H Russell (KY) (6-3) [4:0] W 45-0
9/11 A Gallia Academy (1-7) [3:12] W 39-6
9/18 A Ashland Blazer (KY) (7-1) L 12-26
9/25 H Logan (8-0) [2:7] L 7-21
10/2 H Chillicothe (1-7) [3:12] W 56-17
10/9 A Jackson (7-1) [3:12] W 28-7
10/16 H Portsmouth (5-3) [4:15] W 50-28
10/23 H Nelsonville-York (7-1) [5:19]
10/30 A Warren (6-2) [2:7]

broncofan09
Varsity

Post by broncofan09 »

Score at the Half: Ironton 17
Nelsonville York 7

Final score: Ironton 24
Nelsonville York 28

I look for Ny to be down in the 3rd quarter but also to make another comeback, and pull the Upset at the Tank. Unless it rains/ If it rains all is bad for NY.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I want to clear my schedule to make it to this one. I will stick around if the Buckeyes do not win. Thanks for the invite tigers90.

I posted on another thread that I had given this Buckeye team a nickname. After thier week 7 loss and no one giving them a chance against Athens, being down 13-0 at half. Then seeing how the won. I said this team is a bunch of Devil Dogs. Any former Marines out there will understand the meaning. These kids fight to the end no matter what the odds. I really want to see them play this week. Much respect for the Ironton Tiger tradition. I always go and watch them when they are close at playoff time.

The Marines fought with such ferocity that they were likened to "Dogs from Hell."
Devil dogs. This nickname given to them by the Germans.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Ironton 20- NY - 21.....GO BUCKEYES!

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

loganphan wrote:i would like to see a nelsonville upset
but..honestly, no chance
ironton by at least 20
sorry nelsonville, but ironton is a regional caliber team, Maybe state . . . arnold finds out what defense is all about . . . . grass or mud

arnold has been held to less than 100 yards for 2 games in a row i think he's figured our what defense is by this point

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

A friend of mine is a college professor. He tells me over and over again ( ;-) ) ... the key to learning something is repetition...repetition...repetition..

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

So whats the restaurant situation in the Ironton area? I plan on arriving in town by 5, eating a good meal and then heading to the game!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Buffalo Wild Wings is great before the game but crowded after.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

From Google:

Little Caesars
Melinie Cucina Italian
McDonald's
Pizza Hut
Austyn's
Beef O'Brady's
Papa John's
Buffalo Wild Wings
Toro Loco Mexican
Taco Bell
Long John Silver's
Subway

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You also have the restaurants right across the river in Ashland. You just cross the bridge and then turn right. As you hit the Ashland Town Center Mall, there are many there including the Wal-mart mall you'll see up on the hill and you get to the same way, following that road. There's a Cheddars, A Texas Road House (both of these are always packed), an Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays and more. Up on the hill there's a a couple two on the same order, including an Outback Steak House.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Can someone from Ironton clear this up for me? ohsaa.org lists Coach Lutz with 301 wins all time and 292 in Ohio. Is their information that old or am I missing something here? Not trying to stir anything, just really interested to know what the discrepancy is.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Green Beagle wrote:I want to clear my schedule to make it to this one. I will stick around if the Buckeyes do not win. Thanks for the invite tigers90.

I posted on another thread that I had given this Buckeye team a nickname. After thier week 7 loss and no one giving them a chance against Athens, being down 13-0 at half. Then seeing how the won. I said this team is a bunch of Devil Dogs. Any former Marines out there will understand the meaning. These kids fight to the end no matter what the odds. I really want to see them play this week. Much respect for the Ironton Tiger tradition. I always go and watch them when they are close at playoff time.

The Marines fought with such ferocity that they were likened to "Dogs from Hell."
Devil dogs. This nickname given to them by the Germans.

"Once a Marine, always a Marine" (never former). You are correct Green Beagle, the Germans of World War I came up with that terminology. I don't know if I'd go as far as to compare the Buckeyes to Marines (of which I am one) but they did play their hind ends off in the second half last week and deserve a lot of credit for shutting down that Athens offense who had been hard to stop all year. My prediction: Ironton 35 - N-Y 14

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

nybucks70-80 wrote:So whats the restaurant situation in the Ironton area? I plan on arriving in town by 5, eating a good meal and then heading to the game!

best fish and steak in town at the Knights Of Columbus on south 3rd street in Ironton........good cold beverages and there will be many posters in there this Friday..............

assuming you are coming into Ironton on Rt 93, you will run into 3rd street and turn left and the Knights is approximately 1 mile on the left across from the bowling alley........and the Tank is a short distance away......

good food and good company and excellent beverages......... :!: :!:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

teufelhunden wrote:Can someone from Ironton clear this up for me? ohsaa.org lists Coach Lutz with 301 wins all time and 292 in Ohio. Is their information that old or am I missing something here? Not trying to stir anything, just really interested to know what the discrepancy is.

The discrepancy is OHSAA doesn't keep up to date or accurate records. I assure you that this number, 360 is accurate. He had 20 wins at Ironton St. Joe before coming to IHS where he now has 340 wins. Irontonfootball.com shows every game every played and won by the Tigers while Coach Lutz has been there. The AD had someone go through all the year books as well to make sure the number was right a few weeks back.

As far as whether the other coaches are correct, I have found articles quoting their exact number of wins as they were retiring. They too, are on Irontonfootball.com

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
nybucks70-80 wrote:So whats the restaurant situation in the Ironton area? I plan on arriving in town by 5, eating a good meal and then heading to the game!

best fish and steak in town at the Knights Of Columbus on south 3rd street in Ironton........good cold beverages and there will be many posters in there this Friday..............

assuming you are coming into Ironton on Rt 93, you will run into 3rd street and turn left and the Knights is approximately 1 mile on the left across from the bowling alley........and the Tank is a short distance away......

good food and good company and excellent beverages......... :!: :!:

see you have the Important things in order :mrgreen:

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I can attest, Ironton has some of the best tasting beverages North of the Mason-Dixon... :122245 :122245

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

How about a big "GO TIGERS GO"

Turk there is another place that has good cold beverages!!! Stop by :-D

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

LETS GO BUCKEYES!!!!BEAT IRONTON.

Tiger Man