Site Admin

OVC (2-6) Chesapeake @ (6-2) Fairland

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: OVC (2-6) Chesapeake @ (6-2) Fairland

Post by fuzzhead »

Fairland will win. Chesapeake may keep it fairly close, depending on which Peake team shows up - the one that trashed RV last night and hung with CG for a half, or the one that got trounced by Rock Hill in week 7.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Well it's gonna be another sloppy one..
But I'll take fairland by 2 td's.
Our run D is gonna have to play alot better these next two weeks if we even wanna think about winnin ovc..

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Fairland should win this one easily. Their front line is huge but they did give up quite a bit on the run this past week to the Pointers who also fumbled way too many times,so if Peake can get its run game going it may be closer than it should.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Fairland will get this one

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

we could get our streak to 4 over the peake!!

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Fairland of course....too much speed for the peake
Fairlands senior night and they will leave it all on the field...not sayin chesapeake wont bring it but I think Fairland will have that much more..goodluck to both teams and take the streak to 4

Fairland 34
Peake 12

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

this could be a good game. peake could suprise people. not big but they have some speed on the line. may give the dragon line fits.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Fairland 44-15. It should be about 44-7 when they clear the benches in the 4th qtr and put the JV teams in. Then the Peake will tack on the other 8.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Dragons take this one...

Fairland 42
Chesapeake 21

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

I remember just a few years ago when Fairland came to Chesapeake without a win, and beat Chesapeake in a mud bowl. It's seem that since then Chesapeake has fallen off the map and Fairland is back on track. However, I look at Chesapeake to go in to Fairland field and steal this one. And use this game as a building block for this young Panther team.

Chesapeake 20
Fairland 14

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

The past few years fairland has been putting 50-60 points on the board against peake n those teams were much better than this one..
So it may be a huge blow out..
Or depending on how we play their running game it could stay within 2 td's

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

Probably a blowout Don't like it ,but probably 41-14 Dragons.Yes the Peake is young but there are a couple of players held back in the past that should be juniors and seniors this year so let's not call them young. They probably won't get much better without some new leadership.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Boy 09, everytime I see you post on the football forum about Chesapeake, you always seem to make sure to take a dig at Coach Davis/the coaching staff. The man is doing what he can with what he's got, just like he did in the late 90s and early 2000s when he won all those OVC titles and had all those playoff teams. No one in the history of the OVC has had the kind of consistent success that Davis' teams enjoyed throughout that time period.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I see a big win for the dragons on senior night the weather could play a role but I see the dragons winning either way.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

ChessyFan09, Either your a Chesapeake fan or not and from what i see NOT!! I played for Coach Davis hes a great man and a great coach! When i played winning season every year! Obviously u know little about the game of football and Chesapeakes history just by reading ur posts! Sure this team is down but it will be back up soon enough! So if your not gonna be a true fan and possitive for the kids then pack your backs and jump on some other wagon!

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Davis is Chesapeake, before Coach Davis coach at Chesapeake we only won two OVC titles in 61 and 85. Davis put Chesapeake on the map, yes there down. But, Coach Ball and all the other Coach have the attitude now that if your going to play you have to put in all the hard work that goes with it.

I was one of the guys that had to live in the weight room, if I wanted to see any playing time. I knew I wasn't the most athletic guy out there or anything. I was told "I was 5 ft nothing" (Coach Morgan is a ND fan) but I made sure I worked the hardest. And I feel that is what Ball, Davis, and company are putting into these kids head. WE don't have no Issac, Waugh, Beech, Z. Best, M. Hunt, C. Hunt or any of GREAT athletes that when had when we was dominant like in the late 90s early 2000s.

Chesapeake will be back.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

fuzzhead wrote:Boy 09, everytime I see you post on the football forum about Chesapeake, you always seem to make sure to take a dig at Coach Davis/the coaching staff. The man is doing what he can with what he's got, just like he did in the late 90s and early 2000s when he won all those OVC titles and had all those playoff teams. No one in the history of the OVC has had the kind of consistent success that Davis' teams enjoyed throughout that time period.

YOU HAVE ALOT OF NERVE WHAT ABOUT THE JABBS YOU THROW AT NY?

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Fairland by several.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

fuzzhead wrote:Boy 09, everytime I see you post on the football forum about Chesapeake, you always seem to make sure to take a dig at Coach Davis/the coaching staff. The man is doing what he can with what he's got, just like he did in the late 90s and early 2000s when he won all those OVC titles and had all those playoff teams. No one in the history of the OVC has had the kind of consistent success that Davis' teams enjoyed throughout that time period.

OMG...a statement from Fuzz that I 100% agree with....

Return to “Football”