OVC (2-6) Chesapeake @ (6-2) Fairland

ninjstar
Waterboy

Re: OVC (2-6) Chesapeake @ (6-2) Fairland

Post by ninjstar »

fairland was already low in the playoff rankings it seems peak ruined the chances of fairland being in playoffs goodluck next year dragons

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

That's the problem Earp winning a league title and not going to the playoffs sucks.I'd rather be in the playoffs and come in 2nd or 3rd than winning a title and not be playing week 11.

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

you talk like they already won the ovc championship

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I think someone lit a fire under the Peake players after their 34-7 thrashing by Rock Hill. Not to take anything away from RH that night, but Peake seemta have played at 3/4 speed, & blocking/tackling were left on the practice field. then, they played like a well-oiled machine against River Valley. This seemedta have carried over last night. Also, several Peake players who'd been ill were healthy.

The last 2 years, Bloomfield seemed able to run over the Peake teams almost at will, and I hafta wonder myself, along with many others, why he didn't get the ball more often. If he were ill or injured, I could understand it, but if he was fully healthy, I can't see why he wasn't permitted to "do his thing".

But anyway, GREAT WIN, PEAKE, of a game you weren't supposedta win! The H-D said this game was often a "hiccup" in good Fairland seasons in the past, & last night's game appeared to be another synchronous diaphragmatic flutter singultus in what had been a good Fairland season so far.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Chesapeake on the win!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Just trying to stay positive Red!We have a game next week!Would love to spoil the Groves party next week! 8)

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

jl724 wrote:
peake450 wrote:Way to go peake 20-14 over the dragons. Take a bow panthers you played great and shut jl724 up in the process.

I don't think anyone on here can ever shut me up..
On here or in person buddy..
If you think different just let me know n you can give it a try.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Misterboy he has not gotten the ball like he should have all year and I have wondered that myself. I also don't understand why when he is split out why he is lined up on Fisher's left side making Fish throw across his body if they want to get the ball to him. IMO he has been under utilized all year. If has was at any other school he would get the ball the majority of the time but for some reason that has not happened this year . Go figure :aaaaa46

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I can't go figure, neither can I stay & figure, especially since he ran all over Peake the previous 2 years, unless he had a health issue we didn't know about. Now, Peake had a battle plan, which they successfully executed, but it might not have mattered had Bloomfield been able to repeat his past 2 performances against Peake.

Nothing succeeds like success, and since Fairland had many of last year's team back, one would think they'd use what was successful against Peake for the last 2 years.

Next year, I believe the roles will be reversed, as Peake's young players will have a year to mature, & they have an impressive group coming up from middle school. They won't be emptied by graduation as much as several other OVC schools will.

Now, Peake, let's see ya go out & cage the Pointers next Friday, ending the season with a THREE-GAME WIN STREAK!

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

fairland didnt come out to play they thought it would be a walk in the park peake did very well this game wish i could have been there to watch this

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I remember all the Freyre-hating that went on here earlier in the year. Looks like he showed his old team what a guy who supposedly "wasn't good enough" to play for Fairland can do.

Borders Rewards

Post by Borders Rewards »

Freyre, Lindsey, and Hintz all with TD's...the backs ran hard in the game...Freyre 14 carries 129 yards, Lindsey 10 carries 106 yards, and Hintz 15 carries 78 yards...the Peake definately wanted it more and it showed

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

Someone made a previous post about Fairland being way ahead this season from where they were at this point in seasons past with the most wins since 2003. Not to take away from Fairland's wins, but looking at the strength of their schedule this season, they haven't beat a team with a winning record yet and the OVC is frankly horrible this year. If Fairland was in the SOC or SEOL their record would likely be very different. If Fairland would somehow get a bid to the playoffs, their lack of competition will become very clear.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Agreed, but take a look at Region 15 as a whole from the current 6-spot on down and try to tell me that the region as a whole isn't weak, weak, weak. :122246

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

fuzzhead wrote:I remember all the Freyre-hating that went on here earlier in the year. Looks like he showed his old team what a guy who supposedly "wasn't good enough" to play for Fairland can do.

he still aint good enough and will never be good enough

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

The saying "Nothing succeeds like success" would apply to Freyre in this case. He has been a big part in what things Chesapeake has done right this year and has been kind of an unsung hero.Gabe is a game player and not someone who needs to be reminded how great he is or isn't. Congrats to the players on the Fairland win and especially you Seniors.Colton had the game of his career and Pete's catch was the play of the game, Freyre had his usual steady performance.On to SP and three in a row to finish things off.

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

I think i speak for the majority of chesapeake fans when i just say man did that win feel good. :-D

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

purplecrusader41 wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:I remember all the Freyre-hating that went on here earlier in the year. Looks like he showed his old team what a guy who supposedly "wasn't good enough" to play for Fairland can do.

he still aint good enough and will never be good enough

Freyre did really do much in the game..
It was all wentz and Lindsey.

Return to “Football”