SEOAL (5-3) Portsmouth @ (1-7) Marietta

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Re: SEOAL (5-3) Portsmouth @ (1-7) Marietta

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Great showing by the Trojans tonight..........things went as best I've seen in several years in the first half..amazing! Second half was a little let down for awhile and the ref's had their hankies, hats, cards and even maybe a shoe flying in the second half to slow us down! A fumble in the endzone instead of a touchdown and a muffed punt was the only blemish we had (besides all the penalties).....great night for the Trojans! Hope we can repeat the performance next week! Go Trojans!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Congrats to the Trojans on a winning season! As one poster said a quite a big turnaround from 1-9 a year ago. Keep up the work and get another Southern Ohio team in the playoffs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Snake wrote:Myers had 189 yds on 21 carries, Royster had 163 on 6 carries and Jackson had 159 on 14 carries.... First time in a long time that Portsmouth has had 3 backs over 150 yds in same game...

now that is some running

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Nice win in a game you were suppose to win. They got of the bus running and never looked back. Royster, Myers, and Jackson look great running the ball last night. We could have went that whole game and never thrown a pass and the result would have been the same. I know this is a depleted team in Marietta, but I was very disappointed in their sportsmanship last night. They had 8 unsportsmanlike penelties last night and several more not called. I'm not going to go into details because it doesn't matter now, but you could end a kids career with those type of late hits. Trojans stay focused on the job at hand and that's beating Western Brown and possibly making the playoffs. GO TROJANS!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to our Trojans on the win and for clinching a winning season!!.........The most yards gained rushing by PHS that I can ever remember.......a school record?

Marietta's season has been spoiled by a ton of injuries........I thought #33 ran the ball well, though.......

The Marietta College stadium reminded me a lot of Spartan Stadium, only it didn't have a wall all the way around it.........nice place to watch a football game.

I would love to see the Trojans win game #10 and make the playoffs.......we might need some help to get into the postseason, but if we don't, I AM VERY PROUD OF OUR KIDS!!!

GO TROJANS!!!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Congrats to the trojans...now you know what i meant about sportsmanship bigtime...i hope the trojans win their next game and get whatever help they need(if any) to get to the playoffs...it sounds like these guys had a track meet and not a football game...good luck to the trojans
pray hard...work hard...trust God...
...go one...

Return to “Football”