SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Mikenmike
JV Team

Re: SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Post by Mikenmike »

Where are the valley posters? This has been two pages of minford fans and coop. :?:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

They dont have much to say after talking themselves up last week. Or they may be finishing up the rest of that crow........ :)

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:They dont have much to say after talking themselves up last week. Or they may be finishing up the rest of that crow........ :)

I dont remember anyone "talking" themselves up, all that was said was that Valley would play hard, and would not quit, and they didnt.

Going into the last 3 weeks, we ALL said we need 2 of the last 3 to have a shot at the SOC and playoffs, well we're 1-1 so far..

Once again....we'll see what friday holds.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Anyone who knows me knows EXACTLY why I have been very quiet on this one. To be honest, this is the first time I've logged into the site this week. I've had a lot to take care of prior to now. Best of luck to both teams. I'm so proud that these two teams are playing to decide the final fate of the league. When you look at the big scheme of things, I think the fact that these two teams didn't get the "yearly memo" as to the way the league race was supposed to unfold is the most exciting thing about this match-up.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jesco White wrote:Anyone who knows me knows EXACTLY why I have been very quiet on this one. To be honest, this is the first time I've logged into the site this week. I've had a lot to take care of prior to now. Best of luck to both teams. I'm so proud that these two teams are playing to decide the final fate of the league. When you look at the big scheme of things, I think the fact that these two teams didn't get the "yearly memo" as to the way the league race was supposed to unfold is the most exciting thing about this match-up.

true...I remember that the SOC was supposed to be decided in Week 10 in a game between a couple "W" teams.

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

To win the soc is nice but that is just around scioto and some of pike county what the soc needs to due is start going to the playoff and make a good showing not just play one or two games.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I agree! Hopefully either oak hill,burg, or minford(sorry valley i dont want you to make the playoffs since you have to beat minford to get in :-D ) will make a good run this year!

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Sorry guys, I didn't get the chance to run straight home to the computer. I mean, I was so busy eating crow that I couldn't enjoy myself at a class reunion on Saturday and the Bengals game yesterday. :mrgreen:

Honestly, I didn't want to get on here this week after how terrible last week's thread turned out to be. Getting accused by a mod of having an alias, name calling, etc.

I really believed that this week was the game out of the last two that Valley had the best chance of winning. They played hard for 2.5 quarters last week, but as usual in the Burg-Valley game, Burg didn't turn the ball over and found a way to make huge soul crushing plays time after time after time. Minford is obviously the favorite this week, but the Indians will play hard a make a game of it and hopefully hang on to the ball and give themselves a chance to win late in the game.

Now I'll return to eating that mythic crow that Valley fans are supposed to eat for predicting a tough football game and believing that your team could win. Even though most of us had nothing but respect... unlike some people.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

sports87 wrote:To win the soc is nice but that is just around scioto and some of pike county what the soc needs to DO is start going to the playoff and make a good showing not just play one or two games.

Fixed that for you. :-D

This hasn't happend? I realize nobody has brought home the big trophy, but southern ohio has represented well in past 10-12 years in the playoffs.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

crab_apple4 wrote:
Now I'll return to eating that mythic crow that Valley fans are supposed to eat for predicting a tough football game and believing that your team could win. Even though most of us had nothing but respect... unlike some people.

:( :( :( :( Who doesn't have respect? What happen to being able to trash talk a little.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I love some trash talk... when it's all in fun and not mean spirited crap, where people get personal and try to call people out to fight.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

FIDO wrote:I washed down a few crow legs at BDUBs Sat evening and finished drowning my sorrows at NOOGINs (sp)! I had a hell of a time. :mrgreen: Great Band too! :12224

What?!?!

A Valley fan going to Noggins and not Woody's.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

the best comment on here so far.. "this ones going to be a lot closer than everyone thinks" ... I agree, and with that said, Minford still wins by at least 14.. Daniels brings home a gold football.. then playoffs!

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

OST wrote: I feel sorry for valley to be honest. Because they really have no idea exactly how great of a football team they're about to step on the same feild with.

You're kidding right? :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I smell good wrote:
OST wrote: I feel sorry for valley to be honest. Because they really have no idea exactly how great of a football team they're about to step on the same feild with.

You're kidding right? :lol:

No joke.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

If Minfurrd is so good then how did they lose to River Valley?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bo_Diaz wrote:If Minfurrd is so good then how did they lose to River Valley?

They had an off night I guess :122245

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

FIDO wrote:I washed down a few crow legs at BDUBs Sat evening and finished drowning my sorrows at NOOGINs (sp)! I had a hell of a time. :mrgreen: Great Band too! :12224

I celebrate the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCON wins eating at bdubs, drenching my tears of joy at dairy queen and i also have a hell of a time..........................................................strapping on the blue paul reed and shredding like wisconsins finest cheddar because i ate too much.

Minford will "go the distance" (a quote for FieldofDream) to win the gold football this week. :aaaaa19

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I just got done watching the Valley/West game on VSN (thanks Valley!) and I have to tell you:

1.) Passing attack is weak. Just throw it up and hope for the best. Underthrowing most receivers, never hitting them in stride. On the TD pass to make it 17-14 it hit the West kid right in the numbers....poor thrown ball....got lucky with a deflected pass that landed in a Valley kids hands in the end zone.

2.) Cant stop the run.

3.) Valley gets alot of dead ball fouls and late hits!

Not impressed. Whoever said "stop the fade and stop the Indians", you were right on. Minford's DB's should have 3-4 picks on those balls.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:I just got done watching the Valley/West game on VSN (thanks Valley!) and I have to tell you:

1.) Passing attack is weak. Just throw it up and hope for the best. Underthrowing most receivers, never hitting them in stride. On the TD pass to make it 17-14 it hit the West kid right in the numbers....poor thrown ball....got lucky with a deflected pass that landed in a Valley kids hands in the end zone.

2.) Cant stop the run.

3.) Valley gets alot of dead ball fouls and late hits!

Not impressed. Whoever said "stop the fade and stop the Indians", you were right on. Minford's DB's should have 3-4 picks on those balls.

And it was pouring rain.

Return to “Football”