All SVC

Sports 101
Varsity

Re: All SVC

Post by Sports 101 »

still dont understand why coaches take care of there seniors...give it to someone that deserves it...Dont get me wrong here...Caleb Southworth is an outstanding athlete and a tremendous football player, but how did he get dline man of the year when he played LB?

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Congratulations to all the players...............That being said looks like politics win out again . I'll never understand how Maxwell was not back of the year period.And that's no disrespect to Williamson, but I'm sure if the shoe would have been on the other foot the Evil empire would have been screaming bloody murder. Oh yeah since the levy passed last night is your football team going back to Franklin Co?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

wing-t wrote:Congratulations to all the players...............That being said looks like politics win out again . I'll never understand how Maxwell was not back of the year period.And that's no disrespect to Williamson, but I'm sure if the shoe would have been on the other foot the Evil empire would have been screaming bloody murder. Oh yeah since the levy passed last night is your football team going back to Franklin Co?

So are you always a sarcastic SOB or just toward westfall?

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

mstangmom

Both................

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

wing-t wrote:mstangmom

Both................

well so you know, Westfall did share BOY as well as a couple other "awards" in the past few years.

And not that it really matters to you, but all the parents I talked to said even if a levy passed at SWCS their kids were staying at Westfall. they said thier kids we now and forever MUSTANGS.
There were WAY more problems at SWCS than was made public when it came to improving sports.

One of the complaints were that one school got some funding for artifical turf, and the mom's raised the rest. that school was DENIED putting in the turf because the other schools in the SWCS district couldn't have it. That would be like saying Southeastern could not have built that nice new staadium because the rest of the SVC schools couldn't afford to do it too at the same time.
And that was a minor complaint with all the other problems they talked about.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Sports 101 wrote:still dont understand why coaches take care of there seniors...give it to someone that deserves it...Dont get me wrong here...Caleb Southworth is an outstanding athlete and a tremendous football player, but how did he get dline man of the year when he played LB?

Both DL of Year were LB's
LB can go either DL or DB

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

mstangmom

And not that it really matters to you, but all the parents I talked to said even if a levy passed at SWCS their kids were staying at Westfall. they said thier kids we now and forever MUSTANGS.
There were WAY more problems at SWCS than was made public when it came to improving sports

So I guess the rest of the SVC schools will have to add a Recruiting Coordinator to there football staff.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Are you reaallly going to go there Wing-t?

Westfall DID NOT go out and recruit anyone, a sucessful program draws people to it.

Let see when Chilli stopped sports and kids went to unioto I didn't hear you whining.
or how about when a kid from ZT and a kid from Huntington went to Chilli to play.

So lets see if ZT gets some transfers after having a sucessful year you gonna get acuse them of recruiting?

So If C-ville or Logan Elm decide to cut sports because they didn't get a levy passed and some of those kids transfer to Westfall we gonna get accused of recruiting them also?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BTW wing-t which school is it you support now? you already denied SE, is it ZT until they start losing?
Just where does your loyalty lie? besides trashing weestfall that is.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Your pretty naive if you don't think Westfall's coaching staff wasn't making sure that they got there share of kids from SWCS.

As for supporting Zane Trace i don't support them. They were the the best team in the league with the best player in the league period.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

bengalfan76 wrote:
Sports 101 wrote:still dont understand why coaches take care of there seniors...give it to someone that deserves it...Dont get me wrong here...Caleb Southworth is an outstanding athlete and a tremendous football player, but how did he get dline man of the year when he played LB?

Both DL of Year were LB's
LB can go either DL or DB

I didn't know that, thaks.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

wffan,
How do you think that Williamson is two wins better than Maxwell if you switched teams.
Williamson is clearly the second best player in the league. Again no disrespect, but alot of his stats were helped by staying in blowouts late.
I know that ZT's coach always took Maxwell out in blowouts. I bet he played only half of 4 games.
Rock Hill,Huntington,Unioto,SE only 1 half and not the 4th quarter against Adena and PV. That's about 10 quarters of sitting out due to lopsided scores.
All I will say is that I would like to see a poll of who would take which QB on their team.
Maxwell is better than Williamson period.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Kickinurz, When Cain, smith and Little Bart were only playing 1/2 games everyone was arguing that this or that QB was better because the #'s were better. it's an endless argument when you got a qb that does not play an entire game.

As for which QB was better this year I think it is honestly a toss up. Williamson, when we played ZT had a bum ankle ( had gotten a chortisone shot that morning for it) and could not run the ball well at all that night, for most of the season when it came to running the ball he did not disappoint. Maxwell ran the ball great all night when we played and I can only assume he did all season. Williamson had a great passing game that night especially considering the rain had. Maxwell's passing game was not so hot that night.

In reality, I think any team would be honored to have either at the QB slot.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Again mustangmom I hear ya,but wffan actually thinks that Williamson is two wins better than Maxwell ..NOT.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Bottom line head to head ZT won.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I think Bottom line if the two teams played each other 10 times the wins would be 5-5. but that doesn't happen and that night ZT was the better team.

I fell they are both about equal in that position, each with different stong points.

I don't get the 2 wins better phrase at all it makes no sense to me.

I just hope ZT is on their game this week and brings the W home to the SVC

Return to “Football”