Green @ Oak Hill

buckeye21
JV Team

Re: Green @ Oak Hill

Post by buckeye21 »

Why do the other SOC 1 schools want Oak Hill out? It makes no sense! Yes they are dominating this year but like everyone is saying this will be the first year they have won it. Also, the SOC 1 is already a weak division. If you take out Oak Hill it makes the conference weaker and it takes more competition away from the other SOC 1 schools. You always want the conference to be stronger rather than weaker....Correct?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

3 SOC 1 games
Division V Oak Hill 129 Division VI SOC 1's 6
Average Score 43 to 2
Great logic.
Last edited by gwell on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Oak Hill should join the TVC Ohio. That would be a great fit.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

LETS GO BIG O

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Blue-Gray---I do not know why you choose to disparage Oak Hill, but at least do it without making up lies. The boys in the junior class were never held back, period. If you do not believe me it is easy to check out. You can have your jealousy and that's fine, but please do not lie to try to justify your own problems.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Green will play hard because that is what they do for Coach Mercer. The big question is will it be enough? Oak Hill is a very skilled football team this year. I hope they get a home playoff game and have some success in the playoffs. Heck think of the Oak Hill teams of the past that did not get the chance because of only 4 teams in a region going to the playoffs. As for Oak Hill not belong in the SOC I look at it like this. If you would move them to the SOC II for football you would only have 4 schools in the SOC I which would mean only 3 league games. The balance of power right now is at Oak Hill but like it has been mentioned before that has not been so and how many years have the Oaks been in the SOC I and this is their first Championship in football correct? The Oaks will come back to the rest of the conference in a few years like in most small school conferences. Schools go through runs of athletes and right now it is Oak Hills turn. Be happy for the Oaks and the community. I look at this way, at least I know someone that won a state championship in something!

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

gwell wrote:3 SOC 1 games
Division V Oak Hill 129 Division VI SOC 1's 6
Average Score 43 to 2
Great logic.

Like I said, yes Oak Hill is dominating this year in the league but in past years it was very competitive and we be again in the future. So I ask again, would you rather the conference be stronger or weaker? With Oak Hill in the conference it makes it stronger even when they go 0-10 just as they did 4 years ago.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Obviously you are unable to understand. The other Division VI SOC 1 schools average enrollment for boys is 73, compared to "DIVISION V" Oak Hill's 145. By your way of thinking, Oak Hill needs to find a DIVISION IV conference to join.
Get real!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Where do people suggest they go and who do they suggest should replace then in the SOC I then?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Where do people suggest they go and who do they suggest should replace then in the SOC I then?

Read the thread.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying anything about enrollment size or whatever. I'm saying that the other SOC 1 schools should want Oak Hill in their conference because it makes the conference stronger. Heck I actually agree with you that they should be in the larger division but right now it would not make sense because the conference would then only have 4 teams. Is that what the small schools really want?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

You are starting to come around.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Are you going to answer my questions?

Also, you don't hear Jackson, Ironton, Gallipolis, etc. whining and crying about Logan being in their conference do you? Especially whenever Logan is two divisions larger than some of those schools and they are completely dominating that conference right now.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Perhaps that conference would be a good fit for Oak Hill.
And yes every Division VI school wants to get beat 43-2 by a Division V.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

buckeye21 wrote:Are you going to answer my questions?

Also, you don't hear Jackson, Ironton, Gallipolis, etc. whining and crying about Logan being in their conference do you? Especially whenever Logan is two divisions larger than some of those schools and they are completely dominating that conference right now.

Yes, some of those schools are complaining. Some have left, and/or, are leaving because of it.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I can see that you could care less about what happened in the conference in the past. You are only looking at the present domination.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Did you read MOTIVATOR's before posting.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Yes I did and I forgot how many complainers there are in this world that whine and cry in order to get their way on something. All of those teams have had success in the SEOAL in the past and now because Logan is dominating year in and year out they start to cry. I guarantee that Logan's reign will end somewhere down the line and Jackson, Ironton or whoever will begin dominating. Oak Hill has NEVER won the SOC but now because they are taking the others to the woodshed people want to whine and say it's not fair. Where were you guys just 4 short years ago when Oak Hill was getting pummeled by everyone?

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Buckeye it's been fun jawing with you. There is a reason why there are 6 football divisions. For some reason you are unable to accept it. Believe me, going 10-0 in the SOC 2 would have gave you real bragging rights. For a division V doing it in a division VI conference just takes a little bit off. I'm sure you would have to agree.
I still wish Oak Hill the best in post season play. Good luck to all.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I do agree with you to an extent, but is there a hidden law somewhere in the OHSAA rule book that states you have to be in a certain conference based on the size of your school and what division you're in? If there was then I'm sure it would break up a lot of conferences. The 6 divisions were made up for playoff purposes. They were NOT made to determine what conference schools should be as you seem to think. You act like Oak Hill is the only team in the state to play in a division with smaller schools than itself but I'm certain that this is not the case.
Last edited by buckeye21 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”