Region 19 top ten...

Incognito
Varsity

Re: Region 19 top ten...

Post by Incognito »

pigskinguru wrote:
Incognito wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Im surprised that Oak Hill is still up pretty high. You would think playing a D-6 would bring them down.

Oak Hill's teams (the ones they beat) keep winning. I think people make too much about divisions sometimes. They are important , but not as much as people make them out to be sometimes. You are only talking about a .5 point difference from level 1 points beating a division 6 school than a division 5 school. It is better to beat division 6 school that wins some games than to beat a division 5 team that doesn't win many.
People keep forgetting how the point system works (not implying that you are one of them). It doesn't matter who the teams you beat end up defeating as long as they win some games so that their level 1 points increase. The team you beat may beat some really bad teams that don't win many games, but as long as they keep winning, it gives you points. I believe this is why Oak Hill's position has stayed pretty high.

I was curious so i looked up the mathmatical values and understand now. Thanks!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg still in 9th place. I really figured they would crack the top 8 after tonight. They have to win next week. If they win they should pass Nelsonville who will get very little points out of 1-8 Vinton County and if LU loses to West Jeff they will probably drop out to.

If Caldwells beat a 7-1 Rosecrans team they could pass the Burg and put the Pirates in 10th.

Wheelersburg has be rooting for Rosecrans and West Jeff.

What's wild is that if the Burg were DIV and in region 15 they would be in 6th place and probably finish in the top 4 with a win next week.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Coming down to week 10 to determine if you continue or get out the roundballs. Cant get any better from a fans standpoint. Gotta love it

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

No im sure NY will stay in watch and see :-D

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

did minford not have a ineligible player and would they not haft to forfeit all games?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

ninjstar wrote:did minford not have a ineligible player and would they not haft to forfeit all games?

First game of the year Chief.

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

but its still is the fact that he was ineligible and they would lose that game

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

ninjstar wrote:but its still is the fact that he was ineligible and they would lose that game

And they did captain. Week 1

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

The points are not complete yet as VASJ does not play until Saturday so burg could get more L2 points

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

whats the chances of nelsonville staying in anyone know?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ninjstar wrote:but its still is the fact that he was ineligible and they would lose that game

It was the River Valley game they had to forfeit which gave RV their one and only win. Minford would be 8-1 without the forfeit and RV would be 0-8. That was the only game they had to forfeit since it was cleared up after that. What's a shame is the kid in question only played a couple of downs at the end of a blowout, but rules are rules and Minford did the right thing by turning themselves in.

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

thank you burg i was under the impression the student played most of the season i didnt know it was only the first game minford did do the right thing by turning in the student

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

buckeye_master wrote:whats the chances of nelsonville staying in anyone know?

If you look at Joe Eital you'll see that if NY wins out they could finish with 18.200 points which means if everyone elses wins out they don't make it. But there are some tough games that could decide it for them one way or another. If Liberty Union loses to West Jeff that would help NY. There are way to many different scenarios to know just what will happen. We'll just have to wait until around midnight next Friday to see what Joe says and then wait for the official word on Sunday from the OHSAA.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

pigskinguru wrote:
Oak Hill's teams (the ones they beat) keep winning. I think people make too much about divisions sometimes. They are important , but not as much as people make them out to be sometimes. You are only talking about a .5 point difference from level 1 points beating a division 6 school than a division 5 school. It is better to beat division 6 school that wins some games than to beat a division 5 team that doesn't win many.
People keep forgetting how the point system works (not implying that you are one of them). It doesn't matter who the teams you beat end up defeating as long as they win some games so that their level 1 points increase. The team you beat may beat some really bad teams that don't win many games, but as long as they keep winning, it gives you points. I believe this is why Oak Hill's position has stayed pretty high.

Sounds like a ponsi scheme to me.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

BigOrangeOne wrote:Sounds like a ponsi scheme to me.

May not always make sense to all, but it has been used for awhile now. I figured all Burg fans would know how this works. It is not like this is your first rodeo!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Looking at the numbers from what I can see Wheelersburg likely gets in with a win and N-Y will need some help to stay in. I think Liberty Union stands a good chance of losing on Friday but it still may not be enough for the Buckeyes to make it in.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Burg becomes portsmouths biggest fan if phs falls burg doesn't get in

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Vladimir wrote:Burg becomes portsmouths biggest fan if phs falls burg doesn't get in

We appreciate that! :122245 We would like nothing better than to win and hopefully get both of us in the playoffs. :-D :-D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg still has St. Joes playing tonight that could get them a little closer. They have a real good chance of winning.

Next Friday night will be very interesting. Lot of things can happen.

I think NY is the one who is in trouble. They are playing a 1-8 Vinton Co. team and then only 2 of the teams they have beaten have a real chance at winning.

Liberty Union has a tough game with west Jeff. If Ridgewood would have lost last night, that could let some teams breathe a sigh of relief, but since they didn't it comes down to week 10 for a few.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Any idea what the rankings might look like if everyone wins out (except valley) next week?

Return to “Football”