Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

west siders
All State

Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Post by west siders »

who is going to win? I hope West can pull off the upset.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC 2 Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If the Burg plays defense like they did tonight and run the ball like they did tonight I can see the Pirates by about 2 or 3 scores. If they play like they did against Ironton and Minford then the Siders just may pull off the upset. I guess it will depend on just how badly they want to play in week #11 and beyond.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

alot of motivation for the burg in this one. playoffs on the line and just a big rivalry. i agree that if we play defense like we did tonight, we'll be hard to beat. but anything's possible...that's why you play the game. GO BURG!!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

I agree it all depends on which team shows up to play and which teams RUNS the ball the best.

P.S heard the over and under on pass yards is 30 :lol: :lol: :lol:

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

P.S heard the over and under on pass yards is 30 :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: i'll take the under :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

preps_fan1980 wrote:P.S heard the over and under on pass yards is 30 :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i'll take the under :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

That's the sad part is that Burg has the receivers to throw to and will probably be open all night. Just have to get them the ball. Minford and Valley exploited this against the Siders a few weeks ago.

If Burg can run the ball like they did tonight, than they won't have to worry about throwing the ball.

Man, was Craigmiles hitting the holes hard tonight or what? Both of his long TD runs, he was running hard. The first one was just pure grit and determination that he wasn't going down and he turned it into 6. The second one, someone made a great kick out block and once he hit the corner he was gone. If he gets to the outside there is no one around here that can catch him. NO ONE!!!!! The scary part is that all of Tylers runs came up the middle. Did not run the toss sweep all night long. A play he has taken to the house a few times this year.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I told the Wife I would take the under and she smacked me :mrgreen: Seriously though I think the Burg will win by 3 Td's, their line is weak and young, and the Burg will have their way with them.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

MuletownManiac wrote:I told the Wife I would take the under and she smacked me :mrgreen: Seriously though I think the Burg will win by 3 Td's, their line is weak and young, and the Burg will have their way with them.

haha :lol: hope you're right!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Burg with ease.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

What are the Burg/West scores at burg the last 8 yrs and what were the records going in?

2007 Burg 34-7
2005 Burg 14-7
2003 Burg 20-7

Sorry, used eitel. Very good for information purposes also!! Good for JOE!
Last edited by seasick80 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Hey Fuzz your beloved Indians dont look so tough after all.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Nope. . . but I picked Wheelersburg and they came through for me. See what happens when you use reason to make picks instead of blindly biased opinions with no substance or factual input?
Try it - it's more productive than getting into a p***ing contest with someone who thrives on it. :122249
You have to think, though. It doesn't hurt, I promise.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

MuletownManiac wrote:Hey Fuzz your beloved Indians dont look so tough after all.

Careful....we've been know to beat Minford the same year they beat burg and burg crushed us...I'm sure you remember that.. :o

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Trust me Fuzz I dont thrive on Pi**ing contest...I just like giving you and Coop a hard time...I would gladly battle wits with you at any time.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

MuletownManiac wrote:I told the Wife I would take the under and she smacked me :mrgreen: Seriously though I think the Burg will win by 3 Td's, their line is weak and young, and the Burg will have their way with them.

I don't think the line is weak at all, I think their problem is agressiveness and smarts

demaniac1 wrote:What are the Burg/West scores at burg the last 8 yrs and what were the records going in?

2007 Burg 34-7
2005 Burg 14-7
2003 Burg 20-7

2001 West 7-0
2002 West 33-13
2003 Burg 20-7
2004 Burg 28-14
2005 Burg 14-7
2006 Burg 21-0
2007 Burg 34-7
2008 West 14-7

The 2001 and 2005 games very tough fought and could of went either way...other than that Burg or West has had pretty comfortable leads

Heres an interesting thought however, even though that Burg has dominated every team in the area after the 1990 season West held the series lead 17-14...and if you take the decade of despair for West it would be 20-19 West...just a hypotetical, lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

U know, I am tired of all the Minford crap. But I understand they only get to do it once every 5 -10 years so I dont mind to a point. That game tonight vs Waverly is a smack to the Minford system of DOMINANCE and a hope the Indians can upset the falcons next week. I was at the game at NW a few years back when the Falcons were to dominate the Indians. The falcons were SHAMEd by the indian nation. So anything goes. Get back on ur thread and quit worrying about the sider/burg game! As for Burg, the Oline was amazing tonight, just like every week so far this year. Coaches just need to tweak the offense for what they can do to get a young west team thinking one thing, then power it out with the opposite! I would still like to see them pass more, but its week 10 and we have to go with what we got. GO BURG!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:

I don't think the line is weak at all, I think their problem is agressiveness and smarts

demaniac1 wrote:What are the Burg/West scores at burg the last 8 yrs and what were the records going in?

2007 Burg 34-7
2005 Burg 14-7
2003 Burg 20-7

2001 West 7-0
2002 West 33-13
2003 Burg 20-7
2004 Burg 28-14
2005 Burg 14-7
2006 Burg 21-0
2007 Burg 34-7
2008 West 14-7

The 2001 and 2005 games very tough fought and could of went either way...other than that Burg or West has had pretty comfortable leads

Heres an interesting thought however, even though that Burg has dominated every team in the area after the 1990 season West held the series lead 17-14...and if you take the decade of despair for West it would be 20-19 West...just a hypotetical, lol

Nice Sider!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sider wrote:

2007 Burg 34-7
2005 Burg 14-7
2003 Burg 20-7

2001 West 7-0
2002 West 33-13
2003 Burg 20-7
2004 Burg 28-14
2005 Burg 14-7
2006 Burg 21-0
2007 Burg 34-7
2008 West 14-7

since 1990 at home and like sider said. burg dominated not only west but the whole soc in the 90's. 36-0 in the 90's in soc play.

91: burg 44 west 6
93: burg 39 west 6
95: can't find the score
97: burg 34 west 0
99: burg 60 west 0
01: west 7 burg 0
03: burg 21 west 7
05: burg 14 west 7 (the burg retired jon etterlings jersey at this game)
07: burg 34 west 7

burg is 29-19-2 against west

http://football.burgfan.com/Tradition/R ... ponent.htm

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

demaniac1 wrote:U know, I am tired of all the Minford crap. But I understand they only get to do it once every 5 -10 years so I dont mind to a point. That game tonight vs Waverly is a smack to the Minford system of DOMINANCE and a hope the Indians can upset the falcons next week. I was at the game at NW a few years back when the Falcons were to dominate the Indians. The falcons were SHAMEd by the indian nation. So anything goes. Get back on ur thread and quit worrying about the sider/burg game! As for Burg, the Oline was amazing tonight, just like every week so far this year. Coaches just need to tweak the offense for what they can do to get a young west team thinking one thing, then power it out with the opposite! I would still like to see them pass more, but its week 10 and we have to go with what we got. GO BURG!!

Not sure about the smack to the Minford system of "dominance", the score would have been much worse if the rain didnt turn the field into a complete mud pit. Also going back to the 2003 season you are refering to, that Minford team was absolutely decimated by injuries. Namely to QB Ryan McGraw with a dislocated shoulder on his throwing arm. So that team went from a mixed passing attack to 32 Trap here and 33 trap there. Coach Bob Ashleys' offensive strategy. But nevertheless back to the topic. Wheelersburg should win if they can stop the inside run. West is one dimensional with Pendelton and maybe a little Murphy here and there but there line just cant get to the blocks. Wheelersburg should punch their ticket to the playoffs with a victory of the Senators or Siders whatever they call themselves nowadays.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Incognito wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:U know, I am tired of all the Minford crap. But I understand they only get to do it once every 5 -10 years so I dont mind to a point. That game tonight vs Waverly is a smack to the Minford system of DOMINANCE and a hope the Indians can upset the falcons next week. I was at the game at NW a few years back when the Falcons were to dominate the Indians. The falcons were SHAMEd by the indian nation. So anything goes. Get back on ur thread and quit worrying about the sider/burg game! As for Burg, the Oline was amazing tonight, just like every week so far this year. Coaches just need to tweak the offense for what they can do to get a young west team thinking one thing, then power it out with the opposite! I would still like to see them pass more, but its week 10 and we have to go with what we got. GO BURG!!

Not sure about the smack to the Minford system of "dominance", the score would have been much worse if the rain didnt turn the field into a complete mud pit. Also going back to the 2003 season you are refering to, that Minford team was absolutely decimated by injuries. Namely to QB Ryan McGraw with a dislocated shoulder on his throwing arm. So that team went from a mixed passing attack to 32 Trap here and 33 trap there. Coach Bob Ashleys' offensive strategy. But nevertheless back to the topic. Wheelersburg should win if they can stop the inside run. West is one dimensional with Pendelton and maybe a little Murphy here and there but there line just cant get to the blocks. Wheelersburg should punch their ticket to the playoffs with a victory of the Senators or Siders whatever they call themselves nowadays.

Do Minford fans ever give credit to the opposing team. It is either the refs' fault, the weather's fault, injuries, or they overlooked the team they were playing. It wouldn't surprise to get on here and read that they tried to blame the band for causing a loss.

Return to “Football”