Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Post by bigstick625 »

Jungle Cat,

Stop by tonight if you get a chance. I hope the kids are ready to play for both teams as this could get interesting. The kid I know says this is true , but an adult or a coach had not said anything yet. If you see it , then I would believe it. Call me later if you can't stop over. I think the wildcat could be tricky if the person taking the snap can throw on the run.

:12222

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Trust me the Wildcat is a go for Friday night. Who care now if it is out now or not, the Burg hasnt seen it yet! They will have to adjust to it, and that will be at the Half. We should have the Big Mo going our way by then. Burg let the lead slip[ away after the first half in the Minford game. West is the best 2nd half team in the county. GO :mrgreen: Wildcat GO

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

sider wrote:I think Burg was better han Valley, but not 41-14 better

Funny....Curt Clifford said the same thing about Portsmouth when he said that the Burg was better but he didn't think they were 68-14 better. :lol:

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Well that was the score so evidently both of them were wrong! :lol:

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

jungle cat wrote:Trust me the Wildcat is a go for Friday night. Who care now if it is out now or not, the Burg hasnt seen it yet! They will have to adjust to it, and that will be at the Half. We should have the Big Mo going our way by then. Burg let the lead slip[ away after the first half in the Minford game. West is the best 2nd half team in the county. GO :mrgreen: Wildcat GO

You said not me! I promised I would not let the " cat out of the bag." :122246

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I don't know what their doing, but if a player or coach is telling you something strategic, do you really think it's a good idea to go on a public forum and tell the world what their doing? You change things for it to be a surprise and to catch them off guard. Not for the opposing coach to be able to say, if they do that, where going to do this. Just an opinion.

As far as that goes, their aren't very many descent high school backs that can't throw a 10 yard pass, and that's really all you have to do to throw a screen or simple pop pass when a team "brings the house".

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

[quote="siderman"]I don't know what their doing, but if a player or coach is telling you something strategic, do you really think it's a good idea to go on a public forum and tell the world what their doing? You change things for it to be a surprise and to catch them off guard. Not for the opposing coach to be able to say, if they do that, where going to do this. Just an opinion.

As far as that goes, their aren't very many descent high school backs that can't throw a 10 yard pass, and that's really all you have to do to throw a screen or simple pop pass when a team "brings the house".[/qu

Good Post. I did not want to let it out. Go Siders

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

couldn't make the freshman game tonight. Was told West beat Minford 62-0.

future is bright :-D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Have no idea what is going to happen, but I hope whoever wins makes the playoffs next week? Good luck Burg!

Burg 21
West 14

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

Burg needs to watch out for West going about their tricks. People said that West could contain the players from cheap shots and fights but the were back at it tonight. The coach will have his hands full with this class of freshman or so called freshman.

Good -luck to both teams. Hope you have an injury free night.
Last edited by minfordmamma on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

This is like the Michigan and Ohio State game for these two schools. The flat out just don't like eachother. And it seems like every year it's always a battle. I think this is going to be a great game. It's going to come down to the wire. I think that #8 is going to show everyone tomorrow night who is the best player in southern ohio.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

minfordmamma wrote:Burg needs to watch out for West going about their tricks. People said that West could contain the players from cheap shots and fights but the were back at it tonight. The coach will have his hands full with this class.

I was told some minford fans/parents and the coach/coaches had some problems with each other. Is that true? I'm sure any problems were all West's fault, they always are. :roll: Even though in recent varsity games, I've seen a Valley player punch a West player for tackling him and numerous players whooping at West guys trying to start stuff, especially to Pendelton. And yes, the goody-two-shoes of Minford did it also. Alot

If you listen to some of these people, it's like West has their practices at the SOCF and should have their games with the guard like in the Longest Yard. I bet Paul Crew is QB. Open your eyes people, your youngins aren't always acting like the second coming of the Pope themselves.
Last edited by Westfan on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

siderman wrote:
minfordmamma wrote:Burg needs to watch out for West going about their tricks. People said that West could contain the players from cheap shots and fights but the were back at it tonight. The coach will have his hands full with this class.

I was told some minford fans/parents and the coach/coaches had some problems with each other. Is that true? I'm sure any problems were all West's fault, they always are. :roll: Even though in recent varsity games, I've seen a Valley player punch a West player for tackling him and numerous players whooping at West guys trying to start stuff, especially to Pendelton. And yes, the goody-two-shoes of Minford did it also. Alot

Pendelton's cheap shot on Oesch. Your blinders are on again.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:This is like the Michigan and Ohio State game for these two schools. The flat out just don't like eachother. And it seems like every year it's always a battle. I think this is going to be a great game. It's going to come down to the wire. I think that #8 is going to show everyone tomorrow night who is the best player in southern ohio.

Does Wheelersburg even have a #8? :mrgreen:

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Burg needs to watch out for West going about their tricks. People said that West could contain the players from cheap shots and fights but the were back at it tonight. The coach will have his hands full with this class.

I was at the game. And didn't have a dog in the fight. I seen West get called on alot of retaliation calls. Second one always gets the flag. The reason for the fight was a cheap shot on Wests 62, and he retaliated. West coaches was on the refs to clean it up, way before it got out of hand. Poor job by the officials. I'm not saying West was angels, but it does take two to tango. Some of West parents didn't help either. And I'm sure Minford parents was doing the same. Poor sportsmanship on both sides. So quit pointing fingers.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

i did have a dog in the fight. i'm glad that these boys stuck together even though it should have never gotten that out of hand. the refs let this go to far and then was out of control. what cheap shot on 62? he had 56 head between his legs and wouldn't let him up that is what started the whole thing. there were things that happened that never should have, and yes it wasn't very sportsman like on either school.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

minfordmamma wrote:i did have a dog in the fight. i'm glad that these boys stuck together even though it should have never gotten that out of hand. the refs let this go to far and then was out of control. what cheap shot on 62? he had 56 head between his legs and wouldn't let him up that is what started the whole thing. there were things that happened that never should have, and yes it wasn't very sportsman like on either school.

either school? So you make a negative post totally out of the blue blaming everything on West and now suddenly both schools are at fault?

For years West was known as loose the game, win the fight. Now were breaking new ground, slaughter the other team and still win the fight.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

if west would put pendleton all alone in the gun and spread everyone else out then west could be very,very dangerous(IMO alot like mauk did to west in the state finals)
unstoppable

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

siderman wrote:
minfordmamma wrote:i did have a dog in the fight. i'm glad that these boys stuck together even though it should have never gotten that out of hand. the refs let this go to far and then was out of control. what cheap shot on 62? he had 56 head between his legs and wouldn't let him up that is what started the whole thing. there were things that happened that never should have, and yes it wasn't very sportsman like on either school.

either school? So you make a negative post totally out of the blue blaming everything on West and now suddenly both schools are at fault?

For years West was known as loose the game, win the fight. Now were breaking new ground, slaughter the other team and still win the fight.

Thank you Siderman, all of a sudden its not all Wests fault. Maybe Minford should start worrying about, how did we get beat so bad. And not some cheap shots by both teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

southernohiofan wrote:if west would put pendleton all alone in the gun and spread everyone else out then west could be very,very dangerous(IMO alot like mauk did to west in the state finals)
unstoppable

I think that would be a mistake, he is better between the tackles hardnosed. But maybe Im wrong, Burg wont honor his passing until he can prove so.

Return to “Football”