Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Wheelersburg (7-2) vs. Portsmouth West (6-3)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

joe eitel has us in 3rd. updated at 10:27

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

thats great be playing at home next week ( i was thinking at minford)

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
west siders wrote:still won't be enough to stop Pendelton.

Who's the best running back in Scioto county this season????

Craigmiles was heads above Pendleton tonight and if they had used him all year like they did in the past 4 games he would led the area in rushing hands downs. He had to have close to 150 yards tonight and I doubt Pendleton even got close to 100 and probably with twice the carries Tyler had.

Congrats to the Pirates on the big win tonight and hopefully that will put in the playoffs.

According to WNXT Pendleton had 53 yards rushing and Craigmiles had 174 yards on 16 carries. I missed how many carries Pendleton had.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West lost the game tonight to a better team. Congrats on the victory. Very proud of how the boys hung in there when it would have been easy to quit. Down 21-0, they continued to fight and claw till the end. Zero personal foul calls against West. Now remember this game all year, work hard in the weightroom, and get them back next year.

As far as the back. Yeah Craigmiles is very good, but so is Pendelton. Craigmiles would have 1 guy hitting him, Trevon would have 4 or 5. Right now he's on an older, better team. Next year, Trevon will be.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Pendelton had 12 carries for the night. Hard to compare running backs because of the different style of play. Pendelton is definetly a load up the middle but doesn't have speed to run outside and turn the corner, just the opposite for Craigmiles, so it would depend on the situation of who is the best.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Congrats to Wheelersburg. Good luck in the playoffs.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

So the score is settled.... FINALLY!

The best back in the whole entire universe?

Shank or Pendleton??????

CRAIGMILES!!!!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

my2cents wrote:Pendelton had 12 carries for the night. Hard to compare running backs because of the different style of play. Pendelton is definetly a load up the middle but doesn't have speed to run outside and turn the corner, just the opposite for Craigmiles, so it would depend on the situation of who is the best.

He only had 12 carries? I could have sworn he ran it more than that. What happened to the big Wildcat offense?

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

congrats to Wheelersburg, oak Hill, and minford for making it to the playoffs in region 19. Best of luck!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Very nice game Burg- very impressed with #8 for west the young man does not give up when he is hit, hit and hit again i know we had him in the backfield several times when he broke free. Burg looked good. nice win. didnt care for all of the penalties for the burg so we need to work on that. Craigmiles has wheels nice job line for opening the holes, nice team effort :122249

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Why don't we quit talking about who the best back in the county is. This are young kids out their playing and its a TEAM GAME! Every thread turns in to a Shank-Pendleton thread, non-sense. Why don't we talk about the game that was just played. How each team fought hard all game and how each team fought hard all year.

Congrats to the Pirates on a well played game. #22 came to play tonight. Congrats on winning 8 games on the year and surviving and making it into the playoffs. Good Luck next week where ever you are playing at. Its now time to root for the SOC teams, in which I will probably go watch Burg wherever they play at next week. You guys had a fine season and fine game tonight. Congrats and Good Luck in the playoffs. Survive and Advance!

To the Siders,
Good job on a hard faught game, I know you guys didn't come out on top but you guys didn't quit when you got down 21-0 early. Way to keep your heads up and continue to play. You guys had a fine season. I know going 6-4 is a season you probably didn't want to have but its nothing to hang your heads about. You guys started off as a very young team and matured alot. One thing that I am proud of this year is we didn't show to much of the true West Sider in any game. To all you Seniors on team, Congrats on a good season and your careers and West. There is some really fine kids in this class. Enjoy the rest of your high school senior year and make it plenty of memories to last a life time. To you younger guys, make next season a better year and strive to win that SOC crown.

And Remember,"Once a Sider always a Sider and you should always be proud to be one!"

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Many a West team in the past would've folded the tent and looked for a place to laydown down 21 with burg having all the momentum. Burg came out totally fired up, West didn't. I think a young West team came out a little wide-eyed and didn't know what hit them. Once they figured out they could play with them, they played good football. I know Wheelersburg was trying to work on the passing game, but I think West really frustrated Wheelersburg by hanging in there and not letting them blow them out. West just got worn down in the 4th and Craigmiles broke those long runs.

Kudos to the players and the coaches for playing with Heart. This could've been a very bad defeat, but I think there's alot of positives that can be taken from this game and I saw alot of sophomores grow up, especially on that O-line. Take all these kids we have back, make them a year older-wiser-stronger, add that great bunch of freshmen, and were gonna have a darn good team next year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great job Pirates. Looked really sharp at running the ball tonight. Craigmiles IMO is the fastest back at the Burg since Danny Baker and that goes back a ways. Way to run the ball Tyler.

Great job by the Senators. Neve once gave up and kept on playing like they were down 7 instead 20. They will be very tough the next few years.

Burg now has to play the waiting game until Saturday night games are over to see if they will be playing at home in the playoffs. Cleveland St. Joe's plays a 7-2 team that if they win will really help the Burg out.

One thing that I'd like to add is that middle of the home stands for the Burg has to be the deadest fans I have ever seen. They just sit there on there hands, never hardly cheer and definetly don't stand and clap when they are playing the song right before the kickoff. Maybe Burg ought to put some people in the seats that actually care who wins the games, mainly the parents of the players.

seven40
Riding the Bench

Post by seven40 »

Photos from tonight's game between Wheelersburg and West are up at: http://tr.im/DF0p

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:joe eitel has us in 3rd. updated at 10:27

We are number 4 i just checked about 5 minutes ago...which is still great and all that matters is that we clinched a playoff spot.

GO PIRATES

West had no clue what hit them tonight

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Congrats to The Burg, great game. I hear you really made a jump in the points, hopefully we will have two playoff games in Scioto Co. Friday!!!

I hear the Siders really played well, they need to keep their heads up, their day will come. You have a good coaching staff, and some real good young players, everything will get better. I think everybody can see now, we have some real good teams in the SOC II, with alot of really good football players.

And The Burg, I know you are licking your chops right now. Looking at a rematch with my Falcons, I hope it happens. That will probably mean we both will have won our first round playoff game. Wouldn't that be a game, maybe even play in Portsmouth, or Jackson. Best of luck to The Burg, hope to see you next round!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

A Burg-Minford rematch would have to be played at Portsmouth, if it is not in the first round. If it is in the first round then it will be back at Minford.

That rematch would be HUGE for the county. I think everybody and his brother would be there.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:A Burg-Minford rematch would have to be played at Portsmouth, if it is not in the first round. If it is in the first round then it will be back at Minford.

That rematch would be HUGE for the county. I think everybody and his brother would be there.

knowin the ohsaa they will play this game if it would happen at jackson

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:A Burg-Minford rematch would have to be played at Portsmouth, if it is not in the first round. If it is in the first round then it will be back at Minford.

knowin the ohsaa they will play this game if it would happen at jackson

And that's still not a bad thing. Nicest stadium in the area.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

neutron man where u at? i need the complaining to begin. what is your beef this week?

Return to “Football”