MINFORD FANS!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: MINFORD FANS!!!

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think its funny that some Valley fans are still puffing their chests out after total domination by Burg Friday night!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:I think its funny that some Valley fans are still puffing their chests out after total domination by Burg Friday night!

I dont know who was doing that, but it seems like Minford has won the game. I wouldnt be too confident, Minford has been playing average the past few weeks.

We'll see friday night. What is funny is the fact that EVERYONE outside Lucasville said that Valley will NEVER play for an SOC2 title...and they are doing just that on friday night. And they are a young squad...I know they start 7 underclassmen on both sides of the ball.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

You do have to give valley credit this year. I didn't even expect them to beat west at the start of the year. :oops: But I don't think they will have enough for the falcons this week :twisted:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

mikenmike wrote:You do have to give valley credit this year. I didn't even expect them to beat west at the start of the year. :oops: But I don't think they will have enough for the falcons this week :twisted:

If you go back to preseason threads and the SOC thread, we all said we felt like Valley wouldnt compete until next season, but to be in the SOC2 title conversation is a big surprise for us...

Win or lose friday night, 8-2 or 7-3 for this squad is VERY good, and an SOC 2 title and playoffs would be beyond expectations.

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

Reguardless of records,or stats this has and probably will continue to be a hard fought rivalry.The bragginng rights between neighboring schools plus the gold football,wow!I still like my falcons by14pts,Valley would love to play the spoiler I'm sure, I just hope the boys stay focused & keep their heads on straight.After Friday I look forward to a deep run in the play-offs,joe eitel gives 11:1 to win the region I feel the falcons have a better chance than that!!!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I think Minford is going to be Jacked up for this one. Win or lose they are most likely in the play-offs. I'm not sure Valley is in even if they win. burg would probably have to lose to west. Anyway, Its senior night and a win would guarantee a home game in week 11. I'm thinking this one could get ugly for Valley if Minford is hitting on all cylinders.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

pasture of pain? ohh gawdd who came up with that one? i know what most pastures contain....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tl895 wrote:pasture of pain? ohh gawdd who came up with that one? i know what most pastures contain....

This one will contain PAIN Friday night!

Take the roof off the Tank and the Pasture has it beat to death!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

old lineman wrote:Reguardless of records,or stats this has and probably will continue to be a hard fought rivalry.The bragginng rights between neighboring schools plus the gold football,wow!I still like my falcons by14pts,Valley would love to play the spoiler I'm sure, I just hope the boys stay focused & keep their heads on straight.After Friday I look forward to a deep run in the play-offs,joe eitel gives 11:1 to win the region I feel the falcons have a better chance than that!!!!!

No disrespect, but Valley isnt trying to "spoil" anything. This is a 7-2 football team, that if finishes 8-2 is the SOC 2 champion and going to the playoffs....Valley isnt coning into this game 2-7.

ole indian
Waterboy

Post by ole indian »

It is funny listening to the Minford Fans. You would think that they are state champions or something. So what they have one a few games in the past. It is also funny how they always throw scores from this season into the mix. If that's the case then it should be a good game since, the Minford offense is no good, because they only put up 14 points against a struggling Waverly team. And they only beat Waverly by 7 points man u you folks at Minford must have one heck of an offense. Powerhouse teams get better as the season goes on, and Minford on the other hand they usually get worse as the season goes on. This a reflection on the Coaching Staff at Minford. Minford is never going to be a powerhouse because they do not like holding on to good coaches, as they got rid of Coach Ashley who was the best coach Minford has had in the past 15 years.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

ole indian wrote:It is funny listening to the Minford Fans. You would think that they are state champions or something. So what they have one a few games in the past. It is also funny how they always throw scores from this season into the mix. If that's the case then it should be a good game since, the Minford offense is no good, because they only put up 14 points against a struggling Waverly team. And they only beat Waverly by 7 points man u you folks at Minford must have one heck of an offense. Powerhouse teams get better as the season goes on, and Minford on the other hand they usually get worse as the season goes on. This a reflection on the Coaching Staff at Minford. Minford is never going to be a powerhouse because they do not like holding on to good coaches, as they got rid of Coach Ashley who was the best coach Minford has had in the past 15 years.

I can tell you i have seen Minford,OakHill,Coal Grove,Ironton,Portsmouth, Jackson.
I will tell you Minford is right behind Ironton and would prob give Ironton a pretty good game. I personally think that if they played Oak Hill 10 times they would win 9.
I know they lost toOak Hill in their only meeting. That was controversal. They handled coal Grove at Coal Grove,if you think Valley is going to walk in and beat Minford,i think Minford by 2 scores!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

ole indian wrote:It is funny listening to the Minford Fans. You would think that they are state champions or something. So what they have one a few games in the past. It is also funny how they always throw scores from this season into the mix. If that's the case then it should be a good game since, the Minford offense is no good, because they only put up 14 points against a struggling Waverly team. And they only beat Waverly by 7 points man u you folks at Minford must have one heck of an offense. Powerhouse teams get better as the season goes on, and Minford on the other hand they usually get worse as the season goes on. This a reflection on the Coaching Staff at Minford. Minford is never going to be a powerhouse because they do not like holding on to good coaches, as they got rid of Coach Ashley who was the best coach Minford has had in the past 15 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best coach minford has had in 15 years? Thats funny I remeber a few years ago his team lost to NORTHWEST and went 3-7. I respect Coach Ashley as a person and the man knows football but he was not a good fit for minford. He had one good year at minford when they were loaded with talent in 2003. I think every minford fan will take Coach Daniels over anyone that minford has ever had. With a win against valley friday, he will have a SOC outright championship and its only his 3rd year!!! The team is about to have its 3rd straight playoff bid which has never happend at minford. Also, if you would have been at the waverly game you would know minford dominated the game. They aren't a powerhouse yet but dont worry under coach daniels they will be soon ;-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You have 5 total posts on this site. After your thoughtlessness to this post you may want to retire.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Now br you might want to be a little nicer with your post we don't want to hurt anyones feelings like over on the other thread. Some of them valley posters are a little sensitive :lol:

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

The "Sea of Red" was a motivational tactic for Minford mainly......No one said that Valley should be afraid of the "Red" :roll:

ole indian
Waterboy

Post by ole indian »

Bleeding Red wrote:

You have 5 total posts on this site. After your thoughtlessness to this post you may want to retire.

Many things cannot be guaranteed in life, but I can absolutely guarantee that I know much more about football and about coaching than you do. I would be willing to bet my yearly salary on it, if it wasn't so much more than yours.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Well with post like your one about the minford coaching staff you sure are showing your "football knowledge". Whats the point in bringing up your yearly salary? :roll: :roll:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Incognito wrote:
I smell good wrote:I'm pretty sure nobody that's a Valley fan has ever been afraid of the "red".

Get over yourselves.

Eh at least its alot more menacing than purple ;-)

Then you never have had a dream about Barney chasing you with a devilish smile wanting to hug you, tell me purple isn't menacing. :122245 :122245 :122245

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

^^^^ :lol: :lol:

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Minford was a 2-3 TD better team than Valley last season and they needed a late break on a fumble call to beat the Indians 10-7. Valley is better this year, even though they are hurting on defense with the loss of Crabtree. Minford doesn't have the voodoo over Valley like Burg does, so I don't expect anything less than a top-notch football game. And I'm with coop when he says quit putting words into our mouths and saying stuff about an SOC title and acting like we've been talking smack all year. Most of us have been very realistic and are flat out pleased with a slim chance at the playoffs and a share of the SOC title going into week 10. And you guys are right... the past 20-25 years doesn't mean much come Friday, but IMO the biggest difference is they aren't scared of Minford on a subconscious level like they are the Burg. I just have a problem with Minford acting like they are a powerhouse, when in 2 of their last 3 playoff runs they either lost to Valley or were taken to the wire. This series is 5-4 Minford since 2000, and I think Valley swept the 90's... So I guess Minford is playing for something else Friday, a winning record against Valley for the 1st time in 2 or 3 decades.

Return to “Football”