Vinton County @ Nelsonville-York

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Vinton County @ Nelsonville-York

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Since NY has played Vinton County more times than any other school, I think it was only fitting that they play each other in the final week of the season this year and last. Believe it or not, 2008 and 2009 were the only scheduled Week 10 matchups between NY and VC in the history of the series!

Through unexpected events, NY did play VC in the final game of the season two other years prior. In 1972, NY and VC played in Week 9, while NY had an open date in Week 10. So technically, VC was the last school NY played in '72, even though it was a Week 9 matchup. In 1977, NY and VC was scheduled for Week 9, but a severe storm postponed the game. NY went on to play Alexander in Week 10, and then played Vinton County the following Thursday as a makeup game, so the makeup game was technically the tenth opponent for NY that year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Athens will win easily and so should N-Y so what happens in the points if at least 2 of the 3 behind N-Y win because both Liberty Union (WJ) and Wheelersburg (PW) should win and the Caldwell game should be a toss-up with Shenandoah ?

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Just guessing but if Minford, LU, Coal Grove, or Wheelersburg lose were in. If not we could be on the outside looking in.

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

good luck to nelsonville york hopefully at least 1 TVC O team makes the playoffs this year they deserve it

hopefully VC stays injury free

Nelsonville 35
VC 6

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Don't forget it is Senior Night!!!!!!!!

This will be our last chance to say thank you to this years senior class. These young men have busted there butts since the 2nd grade, they have put there hearts into Buckeye football. Lets make sure that we cheer them on loud and proud this week!!

Thank You Seniors!!!!!!!!!!

You will be missed!!!
:122247 :122247 :122247

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This one will be over quickly, with the JVs seeing plenty of action in the second half. Coach Boston will show some class and keep it respectable.

NY - 46

VC - 7

Good luck to both teams, play hard and stay injury free!

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Fat Tony and NYBUCKS...The tailgate crew will be there to hopefully punch your ticket to the cookoff. I sent them the there the last home game and nobody was there. Be sure to NOT go into the game too early.

GO BUCKS......

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Athens will win easily and so should N-Y so what happens in the points if at least 2 of the 3 behind N-Y win because both Liberty Union (WJ) and Wheelersburg (PW) should win and the Caldwell game should be a toss-up with Shenandoah ?

West Jefferson will kill Liberty Union. Prolly wont even be a very good game.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Good Luck to NY ...
We need all the TVC Teams in the Play-Offs we can get...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but I needed to ask this to NY posters.....did NY add boys swimming/diving as a team sport this year? Check this out:

http://www.seodab.org/swimmingdiving.htm

Boys Schools: Athens, Chillicothe, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Gallia Academy, Logan Elm, Marietta, McClain, Miami Trace, Nelsonville-York, Northwest, Notre Dame (Portsmouth), Portsmouth, River Valley, Sciotoville Community, South Point, Valley, Washington CH, Westfall, Wheelersburg. (20)

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Is it true VC will be getting a new coach next year? I keep reading about that on here.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but I needed to ask this to NY posters.....did NY add boys swimming/diving as a team sport this year? Check this out:

Boys Schools: Athens, Chillicothe, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Gallia Academy, Logan Elm, Marietta, McClain, Miami Trace, Nelsonville-York, Northwest, Notre Dame (Portsmouth), Portsmouth, River Valley, Sciotoville Community, South Point, Valley, Washington CH, Westfall, Wheelersburg. (20)

We might have 1 kid who does it. If so then we would have swimming and diving! When I was in school we had a girl who was a swimmer. She was the only person in the school who swam and she was really good. She would drive to Athens from Logan every morning and after school to practice. Whenever she won the school could hang a banner if they wanted.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

thirtyonetrap wrote:Is it true VC will be getting a new coach next year? I keep reading about that on here.

I have already heard the name of a Trimble asst coach being thrown around.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

koondoger wrote:
thirtyonetrap wrote:Is it true VC will be getting a new coach next year? I keep reading about that on here.

I have already heard the name of a Trimble asst coach being thrown around.

I haven't heard anything and I don't think so, they as they already have a Coach, Nolan Yates :) :) :)

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

I hear the Flu-bug is going around NY and that most of their starters will be out Friday nIght!

whodey99
Waterboy

Post by whodey99 »

It is my understanding that NY canceled a JV game tonight due to too many players being sick and not being able to field a team. Hope everyone is healthy for Friday night.

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but I needed to ask this to NY posters.....did NY add boys swimming/diving as a team sport this year? Check this out:

there used to be a kid that swam but he graduated...
it says nothing about nelsonville-york on that link you posted, the school name shows up nowhere in there :?: :?: :?:

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

nybucks70-80 wrote:I hear the Flu-bug is going around NY and that most of their starters will be out Friday nIght!

your absolutely wrong, there will be NO starters out friday night, though the flu is going around only about 2 kids are sick and neither of them start.....idk where your getting any of this information from??

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

ny comes out fired up vinton has gave up this season.....sadly......but the game is over in the first quarter good luck to both teams

wouldnt it be nice for an upset though???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

buckeyefan2010 wrote:there used to be a kid that swam but he graduated...
it says nothing about nelsonville-york on that link you posted, the school name shows up nowhere in there :?: :?: :?:

The site looks like it was recently updated with 2010. A few days ago, it still had 2009 information posted.

Return to “Football”