Site Admin

Northwest @ Waverly

Post by mattash »

Thoughts

alabama mike
SE

Re: Northwest @ Waverly

Post by alabama mike »

NW has a chance to win this game and finish the year on a positive note. Waverly has had trouble stopping the run all year and will Robach be able to go at QB? Northwest cannot turn the ball over or throw interceptions in this game like they did against West. The injury bug has hit key players from both teams this year. One good for NW is that they have played a lot of sophmores this year who have gained valuable varsity experience. Good luck to Coach Thompson and NW.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Since Waverly is a DIII school and Northwest a DIV, Wheelersburg needs Waverly to win this game for the points. I know it's only a .5 difference, but that .5 could mean the difference in playing in week #11 or starting basketball. Plus Waverly has 3 wins compared to 2 for Northwest so it would bode better for the Pirates with a Tiger win.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Backwards logic there BG77, if NW wins Wheelersburg would get more points. Waverly being DIII is worth .5 more than NW.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

JohnKnight wrote:Backwards logic there BG77, if NW wins Wheelersburg would get more points. Waverly being DIII is worth .5 more than NW.

that's what I though. You want the smaller school to beat the bigger school.

What happened with Waverly and Minford? 14-7 was quite surprising.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Then I guess I don't fully understand how the point system works. I thought you would want the bigger school with more wins to win the game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

BG, here is how the points are assigned

Wins over a Division I school - 6.0 points
Wins over a Division II school - 5.5 points
Wins over a Division III school - 5.0 points
Wins over a Division IV school - 4.5 points
Wins over a Division V school - 4.0 points
Wins over a Division VI school - 3.5 points

since Burg has beaten both NW and Waverly. A NW win would get Burg 5 second level points and a Waverly win would get you 4.5 .

Heres a link to the OHSAA points system
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/rankcalc.htm

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

The Northwest Mohawks are a much better football team than a season ago. They are "light years" ahead of where they were three years ago. This team could very well be 5-4 going into Friday night's contest at Waverly. I know, I know....woulda coulda shoulda. Over the years this program has just existed. What has happened to this program in the past two years will one day be looked upon as the turning point in Mohawk Football. Work hard in practice gentlemen, listen to your coaches. You can do this Friday night! You are a good football team!

You Believe You Belong!

Good Luck Friday night!!

GO MOHAWKS!!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Maybe what people don't understand is since halftime at West the Tigers have had a sophomore QB running the show. Not to knock the backup but he's not at Roback's level yet. And our running back has been out for several weeks and once again the backup has been running good, but hes not the same kind of back as Malone.
People are shocked at Minford's 14-7 win. Waverly played an inspired and was one play away from being right there and I will just mention we had two turnovers taken away on the same drive thanks to the zebras.
For the Northwest game. I think the healthy Tigers playing in their last game at home will be able to close out this season with a win.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:The Northwest Mohawks are a much better football team than a season ago. They are "light years" ahead of where they were three years ago. This team could very well be 5-4 going into Friday night's contest at Waverly. I know, I know....woulda coulda shoulda. Over the years this program has just existed. What has happened to this program in the past two years will one day be looked upon as the turning point in Mohawk Football. Work hard in practice gentlemen, listen to your coaches. You can do this Friday night! You are a good football team!

You Believe You Belong!

Good Luck Friday night!!

GO MOHAWKS!!

Should this be considered as taking a shot at the staff from 3 years ago? Would the team 3 years ago have beaten the two teams the Mohawks have beaten this year? Just curious what you could possibly have against the staff from 3 years ago. You come across like you think they didn't work hard.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

winchell wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:The Northwest Mohawks are a much better football team than a season ago. They are "light years" ahead of where they were three years ago. This team could very well be 5-4 going into Friday night's contest at Waverly. I know, I know....woulda coulda shoulda. Over the years this program has just existed. What has happened to this program in the past two years will one day be looked upon as the turning point in Mohawk Football. Work hard in practice gentlemen, listen to your coaches. You can do this Friday night! You are a good football team!

You Believe You Belong!

Good Luck Friday night!!

GO MOHAWKS!!

Should this be considered as taking a shot at the staff from 3 years ago? Would the team 3 years ago have beaten the two teams they have beaten this year? Just curious what you could possibly have against the staff from 3 years ago. You come across like you think they didn't work hard.

It does seem to come off that way KA may not mean it like that..... the program had a different coach but we busted our tails all the same in fact I feel our conditioning was even better, and excluding a few positions we were much stronger and more athletic. Im not trying to down the team I would never do that but we still have a way to go and the freshman this year could have helped change the tide but from what I heard 3/4 of them quit which has always been the problem not the coaching, not the mentality, not the talent. It comes down to this school is full of pansies that are lazy. And I give major props to all who do play but it's not enough, there are students walking around who could be major contributors, but they're babies who quit or are just to lazy to do anything

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

G&B from huddle wrote:People are shocked at Minford's 14-7 win. Waverly played an inspired and was one play away from being right there and I will just mention we had two turnovers taken away on the same drive thanks to the zebras.
For the Northwest game. I think the healthy Tigers playing in their last game at home will be able to close out this season with a win.
Now come on G&B dont forget to mention the penalty differential in the 2nd half. I think Minford had like 115 yards of penalties in the 2nd half to Waverly's possible 30 yards. Dont take it wrong Waverly didnt lay down and they put up a hard fought game. Back to this game IMO Waverly wins Roback and Malone are both back and I think they will be hard to handle for the Mohawks more so now that Tyson Brown is out. Good luck and good health to both teams.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

G&B from huddle wrote:Maybe what people don't understand is since halftime at West the Tigers have had a sophomore QB running the show. Not to knock the backup but he's not at Roback's level yet. And our running back has been out for several weeks and once again the backup has been running good, but hes not the same kind of back as Malone.
People are shocked at Minford's 14-7 win. Waverly played an inspired and was one play away from being right there and I will just mention we had two turnovers taken away on the same drive thanks to the zebras.

Roback played QB on Friday night against Minford.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ace,
Yes Roback was the QB Friday night but it was obvious he could not grip the ball. 35 yards passing and 2 interceptions while trying to "shot put" the ball makes that pretty obvious. I think if the Tigers were going to throw the ball they would have been better off with Kelly at QB and Roback at WR with the injury to his throwing hand lingering. Kelly did go 11-15 for over 100 yards the week before at Burg.

While Malone played on offense and scored the only Tiger TD, he was is far from 100%, probably only at about 50%. Earlier in the season, before the broken leg, he was also a force on defense.

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

This game should a good one for both teams, last year was a close game and I look for this year to be a close one. Good Luck Mohawks!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

G&B from huddle wrote:Maybe what people don't understand is since halftime at West the Tigers have had a sophomore QB running the show. Not to knock the backup but he's not at Roback's level yet. And our running back has been out for several weeks and once again the backup has been running good, but hes not the same kind of back as Malone.

All I will say is good thing the downpour came in the 2nd quarter and not the 4th or it would have been a much bigger deficit than 7 points. OF COURSE BLAME IT ON THE REFS!

Dont know what you are talking about with Roback, he played QB Friday night, as did Malone.

One a side note- is Roback still going to Toledo? Heard a rumor that he withdrew his commitment?

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

How is Northwest getting better?? Lets call a spade a spade and a heart a heart. They will not show any growth until they can beat another SOC 1 team (PERIOD) How can you call getting beat 48-0 getting better??? I'm sick and tired of hearing this!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red,
As stated in the previous post Roback did indeed play QB but it was obvious he could not grip the ball. And yes Malone played for the 1st time since he broke his leg in week 3 but he was at about 50%, still limping badly. I was surprised Kevin returned to action Friday night but he did not play defense. Kevin was a force on defense before the broken leg. Roback has not played defense since the Ashland game either. Losing those two on defense has hurt more than many people know. The Tigers' top 2 players at far below 100% plus others not dressed. I only counted about 30 kids dressed Friday night.

There have been rumors of Derek withdrawing his verbal to Toledo but I haven't heard it was "official". Rumors of additional offers.

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

This has the makings to be a very good football game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Bleeding Red,
As stated in the previous post Roback did indeed play QB but it was obvious he could not grip the ball. And yes Malone played for the 1st time since he broke his leg in week 3 but he was at about 50%, still limping badly. I was surprised Kevin returned to action Friday night but he did not play defense. Kevin was a force on defense before the broken leg. Roback has not played defense since the Ashland game either. Losing those two on defense has hurt more than many people know. The Tigers' top 2 players at far below 100% plus others not dressed. I only counted about 30 kids dressed Friday night.

There have been rumors of Derek withdrawing his verbal to Toledo but I haven't heard it was "official". Rumors of additional offers.

Well good luck to Roback. Everyone knows he is a good athlete. No doubt Waverly would have been in position to win more games this year if Roback and Malone had been healthy all year.

Waverly should have their way with Northwest. Sad to say but they just are not getting any better. They have a couple key kids out to injury which is not going to help their cause. It is going to take years to turn that football program around so I hope Northwest faithful has alot of patience and doesnt run the coaching staff off before that time comes.

Return to “Football”