D5 - R19 - Regional Final - Ridgewood vs. Fredericktown

Bdog_198807
Varsity

D5 - R19 - Regional Final - Ridgewood vs. Fredericktown

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Who wins and why?
Last edited by Bdog_198807 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ridgewood vs Fredericktown

Post by mattash »

Fredericktown

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

The OHSAA told Nelsonville-York that if Fredericktown and Ridgewood both win, then the game would be at Johnstown.

Good luck to both teams!

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I highly doubt the game will be in Johnstown. Fredericktown is in the same conference as them, and plays on that field during the regular season, so it would really not be fair. I'm thinking Zanesville makes the most sense.

ChainMan
Waterboy

Post by ChainMan »

hammer89 wrote:I highly doubt the game will be in Johnstown. Fredericktown is in the same conference as them, and plays on that field during the regular season, so it would really not be fair. I'm thinking Zanesville makes the most sense.

Do not count on OHSAA to make sense.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Ridgewood. By 14.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I also have heard the game will be played at Johnstown

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

good luck Fredericktown, i have good things about your team all year!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to Ohio state..... I mean Frederickstown! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding!!!
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!!!!!!!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If it is a Johnstown I will make the 25 minute drive to take this one in.

I am going with F-Town by 6.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

ChainMan wrote:
hammer89 wrote:I highly doubt the game will be in Johnstown. Fredericktown is in the same conference as them, and plays on that field during the regular season, so it would really not be fair. I'm thinking Zanesville makes the most sense.

Do not count on OHSAA to make sense.

i agree. they never make sense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO RIDGEWOOD!!!!

calpreps:

Fredericktown 31
Ridgewood 28

i'm takin ridgewood by at least 14

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I was looking at locations last night and Wooster would be a good location.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Does Johnston have turf? All of the regional finals are played on turf.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Yes they do.

paramedic192
Waterboy

Post by paramedic192 »

This is going to be a very good game. I see the WOOD winning 28-7

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Fredricktown sure made a nice come from behind victory last night...and showed that they have a good quarterback and a speedy receiver...however...coaching is going to have to realize that they can't run unless they establish the pass...they just don't have the beef to get it done...he wasted many opportunities to get yardage by running on 1st down....while the burg lined up 10 in the box...until the freddies had to pass they didn't do it..but when they needed it..it was there...and once they established it...the running game opened up....

This game could go either way...according to who scouts who the best...I watched Oak hill last week and was highly impressed with their whole team...so to beat them...Ridgewood must be a good team...Will be a great game...Good luck to Both teams...This will be a fun game to watch...

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I was surprised to hear that this game would be at Johnstown. They have turf and have upgraded the facility, but they did not go through with phase two of their stadium upgrades which included the locker rooms. Hopefully the next phase of the upgrades will go through and Johnstown will be an even better place to host playoff games. Not sure of overall seating, but parking and everything should not be too much of a problem. It's a great stadium for a game, but I bet people will have complaints, they always do! Good luck to both teams!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have seen both and Fredericktown didnt impress me at all. I would think Ridgewood big.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Well, I truly think the burg/freds was the toughest match up. I strongly feel either could beat oak hill. Just not sure about r. wood. and just how tenacious they are come show me what you got time. Fredricktown let wheelersburg control nineteen of twenty four minutes of the first half, then scored when they needed, then let W. Burg back in it when they should have not, and escaped with a gift of a win. Im gonna go with ridgewood based on the inconsistiencey of fredricktown play....

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Well, I truly think the burg/freds was the toughest match up. I strongly feel either could beat oak hill. Just not sure about r. wood. and just how tenacious they are come show me what you got time. Fredricktown let wheelersburg control nineteen of twenty four minutes of the first half, then scored when they needed, then let W. Burg back in it when they should have not, and escaped with a gift of a win. Im gonna go with ridgewood based on the inconsistiencey of fredricktown play....

I will agree, I would liked to have seen The Burg, against RW. I think they would have matched up very well.

I have seen both teams play, and I think that RW is a very well coached team. They have alot of leadership on the field also. And with their speed, I think they will win by at least 2 touchdowns. Even though Fredericktown was able to shut down The Burg's running game, I don't think they will shut down RW's. The Burg's backfield was hurting, and you could tell the coaching staff was guessing at what to run. I think that if #7 and #22 were healthy, The Burg would have won by at least two TD's.

Ridgewood 28
Fredericktown 14

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

Return to “Football”