D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by air4ce1 »

Used to attend Skyvue Elementary a long time ago. Loved sitting on the hill watching the noles. Never seen a better crowd or pregame. Running through teepees with smoke cannons and the seminole on the horse with the flaming spear, that was the real deal. Here's a guy rooting for MC...good louck to both teams, play hard, play safe

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Contain Dierkes, play gap assignments, make ur reads. BLAH BLAH BLAH. All heard that before. This will be a war. I just wonder what lineup Burg will come out on Dline. Burgites will be ready to play!!!! They are phsyched, been there before, game faces are ON!

As for getting there.... I am taking 140 to 93 to 279 to 35 to 2 (WV) to I77. Looking forward to eating at BWW's in parkersBURG. Coming home......Depends on the outcome of the game. Probably 7 to 50/32 to 139 and into BURG.

Also, Burg has parent/teacher conference friday, no school. BURG team gets early trip up to Marietta to get the butts off seats and on the field earlier.

Steely, nice chatting with ya. Great poster. I have had a great time chatting about the matchup. Hope to see ur unique uni, i will shout it out. That way all BURG fans will know who u are!! :-D

You younger Burgites playing next year, remember this trip, its length, ur thoughts on a three hour bus trip. Think how nice it would be to play in front of your home crowd week 11 next year. Let it engrave in your memory.

Seniors, its your CHANCE to make history. YOU have all the talent in the world! You have really showed it since that loss to Minford. Give yourselves another CRACK AT EM!!

GO BURG!, PUT OUT THAT SEMINOLE FLAME!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

demaniac - It has been a pleasure as well. Wish all the folks from burg a safe trip up the river, take your time and enjoy the scenery. Regardless of which way you come up, the state troopers will be out in force... :roll:

I'll be there to support my alma mater and will get to see alot of old friends. Should be a good night for football. Best of luck to both teams tomorrow night.

See you at the game!

Oh, and do shout out if you see me. If Alabama Mike or Burg 77 are around, I'd like to meet you folks as well!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I don't know if Bama is going or not, but I'll definitely be there. Maybe we could set up a meeting at halftime somewhere. Just let me know where to be and I'll be there.

jayphillips
Waterboy

Post by jayphillips »

GO BURG, GOOD LUCK!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I don't know if Bama is going or not, but I'll definitely be there. Maybe we could set up a meeting at halftime somewhere. Just let me know where to be and I'll be there.

BG77, would love to get together and see Steely. Tradition says at the goal posts one side or the other. I would say 2-1, go to the posts on our right. Steely, go to the posts on ur left. Would be the east side of the field.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

77 which way u heading up? alot of talk at work and noone has a good answer. I am going the way I said but i liked 550. Just wanted to try the WV side

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

jayphillips wrote:GO BURG, GOOD LUCK!

GO BURG!!!! BEAT MONROE!!

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

IT'S GAME DAY!!! GO PIRATE FOOTBALL!!!

WE ARE.......THE BURG!!!

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Go Burg, Show them the caliber of teams that come from southern ohio.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Burg.....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Lang can throw the ball and they have some good receivers. Protecting the QB seemed to be their problem last week. West was crashing the D-Ends hard. Wheelersburg couldn't block Murphy at all. He had the 3 sacks on the one series and a couple other times the Burg TE could've easily been called for holding. It's probably good for them that West gave them that look so they can correct it.

Their bread and butter though is the run, and you have to ride the horse that brought you there.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

This is a GREAT matchup! I'm going with Monroe Central -- too much to stop if the field is in good shape.

Good luck to both teams and have a great game. (wish I could be there)

Steely, text updates appreciated (hint) and have a GREAT time--all of Monroe County will be there!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

demaniac and burg - Sounds good. I've checked photos of the field, one end of the field is not accessible due to the track and fencing. Looks like the end of the field opposite from Greene street (where the main entrance is) is our best bet.

The field sits at a NW/SE angle, so this would be the southeast side of the field, towards the Ohio river.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

SD,
IMO the 'Noles have too much versatility on offense for 'Burg to handle. Weather looks great for game, and playing on turf, gotta like MC's chances.

Dierkes, Kinchen, Hogue, and Headley hopefully can use their speed on the artificial turf because the ol' Woodsfield surface was a soggy mess. MC definitely has the speed to do some damage.

Either way, this one's one of the best matchups tonight in R19.

On my way to Ryan's in a few for pre-game gluttony.

maybe i'll see ya there.....have the p.a. guy page Steely Dan, right?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

just a few hours till kickoff.

GO BURG!!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

CD - That will work! Or just come down to the SE endzone at halftime and we can catch up!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Steely Dan, what kind of road is Rt 550 out of Athens over to Marietta? I noticed it's more of a straight shot over instead of Rt 50 which seems to dip way south and then come back up.

Thanks.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Steely Dan, what kind of road is Rt 550 out of Athens over to Marietta? I noticed it's more of a straight shot over instead of Rt 50 which seems to dip way south and then come back up.

Thanks.

i talked to someone at the school when i got my tickets and they told me the best way is 32 to 50

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Burg - I'd go RT. 50, it is quicker, unless you like windy, hilly drives through a number of small villages along the way. The eastern leg of Rt. 50 between Barlow and Marietta isn't bad at all, it is that stretch through Bartlett, along Carbon Hill, and through Amesville that is tough. I've driven it all the way from Marietta to Athens, and won't do it again.

Folks who live out Amesville way generally go down to Rt. 50 and then drive across Rt. 50 through Coolville, Belpre, and on up.

Just watch your speed. The troopers will be out. Safe travels!

Return to “Football”